Discussion The Corvette C8

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 20, 2009
Not buying any right now. Heck, under the current life conditions I already have three vehicles hardly being used because of the shelter-in-place and WFH situation. But I was disappointed to see BMW, et al wasn't offering any good deals while their sales plummeted. I may like BMW a lot but I am not one to pander to a-holes. But the idea of getting my wife a dark blue metallic Stingray so I could live life vicariously through her was tempting.

BTW, I still find it amusing that a $60K Chevrolet product still does not come with basic GPS (option is >$1K). Too funny.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
Not buying any right now. Heck, under the current life conditions I already have three vehicles hardly being used because of the shelter-in-place and WFH situation. But I was disappointed to see BMW, et al wasn't offering any good deals while their sales plummeted. I may like BMW a lot but I am not one to pander to a-holes. But the idea of getting my wife a dark blue metallic Stingray so I could live life vicariously through her was tempting.

BTW, I still find it amusing that a $60K Chevrolet product still does not come with basic GPS (option is >$1K). Too funny.

Android Auto / Carplay has made integrated GPS irrelevant IMO.

Reactions: herm0016 and Elfear

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
I know the LT2 isn't a sexy engine to a lot of people, but it works so well in C8 with the DCT.

Reactions: Elfear

Elfear

Diamond Member
May 30, 2004
I know the LT2 isn't a sexy engine to a lot of people, but it works so well in C8 with the DCT.

Well that's because they're ignorant. :D

The LT2 is dead sexy IMO. Very compact for displacement, lightweight, good low-end grunt, modern tech to make it efficient (VVT, DI, etc.), cheaper parts (compared to the more complicated designs out there), etc. I think GM made a very wise decision to stick with the OHV design for the base Vette. I'm looking forward to seeing how they do with the flat-plane crank engine rumored to appear in one of their higher models but I still love the LT2.

Reactions: herm0016

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Long (42 minutes) but really great BTS on the C8 manufacturing process:

Reactions: Elfear

Hans Gruber

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2006
After seeing the Car & Driver hot lap time for the Z06. It seem that the ZR1 will become the world beater car with the mid engine design.

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
Reactions: DooKey

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
They had a lot of problems for years which perhaps have died down because you don't hear much about them anymore. They have always been incredibly overpriced though. A good example is right in that article. They want $35k to install a supercharger kit + warranty and you can get all that and more from other reputable tuners for about $25k.