The CoronaVirus WTF are you doing with yourself while being isolated thread

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
I am at home laughing at all the idiots just losing their shit for like almost no reason. I am downloading every game that can be played offline JUST in case ISP issues. Already dealing with MASSIVE speed drops. More people home results in more usage. Overall prob gonna get some edibles later and that's the last time i am going out in the real world for prob a week. Not that i got plans its just what i usually do so yeah not much new here.

Deciding to jump into Bioshock 2 for the first time since i bought back in like 2013? May play some older titles and revisit. It's certainly gonna keep me busy.

Reactions: Captante

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
I do an hour of PT for my shoulder twice a day. Working on our 5th wheel travel trailer, and updating my truck with new tunes etc.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Finished my little shelf project for my arcade game. I made a huge fuckup though as it wouldn't fit into my cabinet. Previously, I had only tested it out with the bottom flat board, and I had to turn it sideways to get it inside, but then I had to lay it flat inside and had no issues. Well the 4" high pieces on each side of the shelf made it so I couldn't get it to turn.

So I went to the backyard with my hand saw and went to town to cut a few inches off the end.

yQjSZnM.jpg

And after that, it fit down in my cabinet and looks like it will work out perfectly.

I09eXfE.jpg

0v0DQbo.jpg

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Just went to the local bike shop and the girl bought a vintage bike that will be rebuilt for her in the next few days so we can go riding together and get out of the house a bit more. Very excited. And then when this thing blows over we can ride to parks, restaurants, bars and museums and the such.

Bikes!

Reactions: skyking

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I hope you guys like my arcade project because I'm logging it on another forum and it's what I'm doing during the quarantine, so if you all want me to stop, I will lol.

Just made a lot of progress with mounting everything that I have so far.

Here is the switcher, aux relay board, and Maximum Force / Area 51 duo board. This is going to be on the top part (as shown later). Notice the one screw I drilled through the wooden board that is sticking up, so that I can hook up all the common terminals to it. You can see that later on in another pic as well.

hGTyX1Z.jpg

Here is Police Trainer mounted. Also note that I have all of the switcher interface boards mounted already on all 3 JAMMA boards.

f7jnwIx.jpg

And here is Carnevil. This game is much larger than Police Trainer.

sBizVuA.jpg

Here are the games mounted down inside on their boards.

13irHTV.jpg

And here is the main board put on top. I kind of hooked up most of the wires just to see how it would look when it's all hooked up. Note the connectors all connected to that screw I talked about up above. I also don't have the power supply installed right now which would be over on the right there. If you look in the gap under the main board before you see the back of the cabinet, you can see the other two boards hidden down there too. Also if you see that random single yellow wire hanging out the back of the cabinet, I spliced into the SYNC wire coming from the monitor because the Carnevil board needs it hooked up, so that will be wired up to the Carnevil board.

j414RjZ.jpg

Tomorrow I hope to start some of the wiring. My plan is to just get Maximum Force working first and then once that works, I'll just have to make harnesses for the guns for each of the other boards, which shouldn't be tough. All of the main plumbing will be in place by that point.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Just made this harness, only to find out I needed a male connector to connect to the PSU and not a female one which all I have the parts to make my own. Brain fart on my part. So I have to wait until next week for it to arrive from digi-key in order to even test it out, since that is what gives the guns power.

RYJzTAS.jpg

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
^ Is the gun or guns onscreen or hand held? I checked the other posts, sorry if it's a dumb question.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I discovered I had kids, and a wife, and a dog and a cat. HOW did I miss THAT before?

Seriously, I make film and video so I tossed together one of my best of late that I call CORONAVIRUS THE MUSICAL. And yes, it is a musical.

Reactions: skyking

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I don't know exactly why I keep getting demoted, except for the fact I give up a ton of hits.

That'll do it! :D

And I finally snagged "Dishonored: Death of the Outsider" Steam key from Ebay for $10 also may grab Jedi: Fallen Order direct from Steam later today for after I finish.

Btw my work is considered "essential" being a transportation company so still have to go in but we've cut it back to 3 shifts a week since there's no need for anyone to be in the office other then the dispatcher.

Last edited:

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Oh, and so far I have pressured washed the garage, driveway, and walkway. Next is the house, and side entrance walkway. Then seal the side entrance with a fake terrazzo kit, so it is easier to clean. Doing more strength training, submission wrestling, and kickboxing, with my son since the college shutdown, and all of his classes are online until this is over. Still need to detail all the vehicles, and I have more time to throwdown in the kitchen which is nice.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Umbrella Academy, you can thank me later.
I liked it, watched it when it came out, and am looking forward to season 2. Have not sat down to watch the new season of Altered Carbon yet, liked the other seasons.

Reactions: mopardude87

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Of those two Boardwalk Empire.

I also suggest Banshee as worth a watch. *(On Prime video)
Have not seen it, thanks for the recommendation. And like the sig, I am playing Mad Max on and off for the last week. Everytime I eat some Dinky Di dog food, I think, that is me in 6 months, probably. :p

Reactions: Captante

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
@purbeast0

That is bad ass, keep posting.
Sure thing. All I did last night was just make this one harness below, but I also hooked up Maximum Force through the switcher just to test out the switcher, and it worked just fine. Today I plan on making the other 2 harnesses and hooking them all up to the switcher just to test it out. I'll post a video once I have the switcher hooked up if it's all working, showing how it switches.

GksY4ss.jpg

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018

Yeah don't think about it, just do it. If you don't like that show then i swear you will never get another recommendation from this here. I have known 2 close friends who love the show, one talked me into it like i am trying with this forum and well i think its possibly better then Breaking Bad in some ways. Call me crazy but yes in some ways its more engaging them Breaking Bad and that is my all time favorite show.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Milled my oak yesterday. I don't feel like starting the ash today. I'm gonna get the milled spruce in my backyard under cover, start cleaning up wood around the yard, and doing some pruning.