The CORE

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: uncJIGGA
Originally posted by: Queasy
Ok, I realize that there is supposed to be a suspension of disbelief when you go see a movie...but, the space shuttle crash landing into the Los Angeles aquaducts and sliding around? C'mon.
I think when it lands you can see Arnold Schwarzenegger on a Harley in the background!!

LOL

Rufio

Banned
Mar 18, 2003
i saw it tonite to get my mind off things...

and ienjoyed it. :)

it was a good action flick and got my mind off things.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
im sorry but if your at all interested in this movie you must be retarded. How many times have we seen this rehashed armageddon end-of-the-world garbage. This yet another sorry clone. sorry but you'll most likely be severely disappointed watching this movie.

Rufio

Banned
Mar 18, 2003
Originally posted by: Sudheer Anne
im sorry but if your at all interested in this movie you must be retarded. How many times have we seen this rehashed armageddon end-of-the-world garbage. This yet another sorry clone. sorry but you'll most likely be severely disappointed watching this movie.

wow, i guess i must be retarded!!

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: amnesiac 2.0
WTF?!?

It's ARMAGEDDON IN REVERSE.

Stupid ass plot with stupid ass stereotyped characters with a stupid ass nonsensical piece of crap BS physics plan to "jump start" the goddamn planet. BOOOOOOO.

WTF is with that ugly ass dildo head from Road Trip and "I have to hack the planet??" crap?? BOOOOO.

WORST. MOVIE. EVER.

You've never seen Epoch have you?

SendTrash

Platinum Member
Apr 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Kiyup
Last movie I saw first day out was Nemesis. This will be it.

I'm fascinated by lightning and I hope that the previews aren't all the lightning.

.. wow the last movie I saw in theaters was Nemesis as well.. then saw the Core.. it was not that terrible... I enjoyed it, because my friend and I had a good time laughing at the movie.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
My brother and I were dragged to this by his 12 year old son last week in CA. This movie was quite possibly the biggest offender of the laws of physics I have ever viewed in my life.

It was THAT bad.

I'd stay away if I were you.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Sometimes people watch movies to be distracted for a time and not have to focus on the harsh realities of the world we live in today. For most people, a movie like The Core, or Armageddon, or Dumb and Dumber, fit the bill perfectly. They aren't art house films nor Oscar worthy by any means of the imagination, but for what they are intended to be, they perform admirably.

Considering the rampant negatism I see from most all of your posts, it doesn't surprise me that you'd attack those of us who feel we need a breather from life, if only for a short time. I hope you can find something that makes you happy, and eliminate your need to degrade others.

glugglug

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
I made the mistake of seeing this. It SUCKED.

I would especially urge you to NOT watch this movie if you have good eyesight. The camera work SUCKS and a most of the picture frequently goes out of focus because they have the camera on autofocus while something is a few feet away but they are mostly filming background. On top of that the picture flickers a lot getting brighter and darker especially in the first 15 minutes. Gave me a headache.

I'm fascinated by lightning and I hope that the previews aren't all the lightning.

Yes, the previews are pretty much all the lightning. Any spot in FL gets over 100x higher lightning density averaged for the year then they even claim thos superstorms are supposed to be. Go there any day during the summer and you'll see a far more spectacular lightning display, guaranteed, without the stupid sillyness like people getting shocked through the coffeemaker.

Rufio

Banned
Mar 18, 2003
man some of u guys must have crappy lives, if u can rip on this movie so badly.

this movie isn't an oscar film, a biography, a true life experience. it's just a movie. it's meant to entertain. it's a sci fi/action flick.

i wholeheartedly agree w/X-MAN's comments. movies are meant to entertain.

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001
Originally posted by: X-Man

Sometimes people watch movies to be distracted for a time and not have to focus on the harsh realities of the world we live in today. For most people, a movie like The Core, or Armageddon, or Dumb and Dumber, fit the bill perfectly. They aren't art house films nor Oscar worthy by any means of the imagination, but for what they are intended to be, they perform admirably.

Considering the rampant negatism I see from most all of your posts, it doesn't surprise me that you'd attack those of us who feel we need a breather from life, if only for a short time. I hope you can find something that makes you happy, and eliminate your need to degrade others.

I agree 100% :)

Sid59

Lifer
Sep 2, 2002
i saw the a few days before the release. Delroy Lindo was there to introduce the film as part of a charity event. Gawd, that movie blows chunks. I hated it.