The Contender - Final Four!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kaiser__Sose

Golden Member
Oct 14, 1999
Manfredo all the way..

Anthony is injured and washed up.. and Manfredo beat him in a bout before the show started.
Alfonso - is a decent fighter but i don't see him lasting in a 12 round fight
Sergio Mora - seems too small, and I think Manfredo would beat him in a 12 round championship fight
Jessie- Didn't see his first fight.. but i'm not a big fan of him.. would love to see him get his ass beat

xEDIT409

Banned
May 17, 2003
Man, why did Bosante f*ck up. :(

I wanted him to win it all. :(

Jesse is a good guy, but man, I was really feelin' Bosante....

JonnyStarks

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2003
Holy crap that was the greatest thing I have ever seen. I was on my feet for the last round.
I freakin hate "I'm a #1 dad" guy.

Incidently, Alfonso all the freakin way.

Ikonomi

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2003
Originally posted by: xEDIT409
Man, why did Bosante f*ck up. :(

I wanted him to win it all. :(

Jesse is a good guy, but man, I was really feelin' Bosante....

I thought Jesse needed to be more assertive and less wishy-washy, but I'm happy that he won the way he did. His victory proved that you don't have to talk big to be big.

Those were some monster punches he landed, my God.

Is every episode this good? :p

shopbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2000
"is every episode this good?"

FREAK YES.

i was getting so mad at jesse, tony was killing him, and then he turns around and knocks him out. oooooooh yeah. although damnit this episode was making me cry yet again. his kids get SO into it.

i couldn't believe tony healed - that hamstring didn't seem to bother him at all.

my bf said before the round started that tony had to just dodge him for one more round. sigh tony, came out fighting.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
I basically jumped out of my seat when Anthony went down. I was so impressed with Jesse's two punches that he deserved to win. Anyone that can be getting beat that hard and then turn around and knock a mofo out with two hits is ok in my book.

I understand being into your kids, but EVERYTHING the dude said was about his kids. We got the point about 40x in each episode he was featured. That was a bit overplayed in my opinion, but I sitll love that show.

My wife was like "OH MY GOD! HIS HEAD MOVED WEIRD! EWW EW EWW!" :D

shopbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2000
bump!

SPOILERS:

tonight was the rematch: alfonso vs manfredo. manfredo won! oh man. that was a very good fight.

AntMan530

Dec 22, 2000
wooohoo for peter!

fonzo was awesome too. it wasnt his day.

id like to see sergio and peter in the final.

and peter winning the whole thing.

QuEeNyGuRl

Jun 10, 2002
From all of Peter's fights in the Contender, tonight was his best fight. He showed everyone what he's capable of doing. He really caused some damage to Alfonso's jaw. I'm rooting for him in the final! GO Peter!

There's an active Contender forum on Alfonso's website which he participates in also. :) Go to www.alfonsosgomez.com Alot of the Alfonso's fans are a bit upset over his lost and are in denial. They don't seem to like any Peter fans at the moment ... hehe.

Kaiser__Sose

Golden Member
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: MrCodeDude
Jesse > Sergio in the next fight.

Jesse > Peter in the final fight.

naw.. no way Jesse can beat Peter.. he's a brawler with no finesse.. only way Peter looses is if he does not have a good fight plan.

dsfunk

Golden Member
May 28, 2004
that was an awesome fight, and an unbelievable last round

a bit sad to see gomez go, but manfredo is a good guy too

all of the final four are good guys

BCYL

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
I thought Alfonzo was going to win it all... now I want Sergio to win...

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Fscking NBC has canceled this show. I hope Spike TV or some other network picks it up as it is by far the best Reality TV show.

shopbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2000
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
sergio vs manfredo in the final on tuesday. my GOODNESS i have a lot of TV to watch this week.

QuEeNyGuRl

Jun 10, 2002
I thought that was by far the most boring fight ever. Bascially, Sergio just teased Jesse and made Jesse chase him around the ring. I hope it won't be like this during the final.