The Collapse of the Black Family

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sounds like she wanted 100% custody and for him to just write her checks.

That is what she wanted early on 13 years ago. However over the years she matured. Initially she was worried about a custody fight being as how we lived a couple of states apart. However that has nothing to do with the support I pay, that was court ordered has been adjusted several times based on my and her income. Now we live in the same city so the custody split is mutually agreed upon, support is still court ordered.

What you fail to comprehend in all this is that I am doing what is in the best interest of my child for his well being both financial and mental.

Children gather self esteem based on both parents and to a large degree based on parental interaction.

As a man raising a man I am tasked with ensuring he knows what it means to be a good dad in real tangible ways.

Have I often thought its not my fault his mom can't earn a better living? Sure I have, but in the end it's not about me or her it's about my child and what's best for him. I also find identity and parent interaction is especially important when dealing with bi racial children of separated parents. My son is bi racial I'm white, mom is black.

One day you will grow up, man up and understand when your a parent you take a back seat to their needs and wellbeing. For now I'll just be glad we have laws that ensure deadbeat fucks at the very least contribute financially to their offspring, and I assure you that will not change in your lifetime, you will always be made to pay for your play.