The butter on her e-mails is officially rancid, can we throw them out now?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
A recommended read which addresses the insanely inappropriate amount of media coverage this phony "scandal" received in the media in 2016.

One highlight is Jeffrey Toobin apologizing for the amount of coverage he personally gave to the issue, which he acknowledges created a "false equivalency" with the various Trump scandals.

Then there's this tidbit, which everyone needs to be reminded of:

But Toobin’s self-reflection appears well-placed when considering this finding from the Harvard study:
Clinton’s controversies got more attention than Trump’s (19 percent versus 15 percent) and were more focused. Trump wallowed in a cascade of separate controversies. Clinton’s badgering had a laser-like focus. She was alleged to be scandal-prone. Clinton’s alleged scandals accounted for 16 percent of her coverage—four times the amount of press attention paid to Trump’s treatment of women and sixteen times the amount of news coverage given to Clinton’s most heavily covered policy position.
So much for the right wing lie that the media coverage was biased against Trump. It's objectively false.

Jul 9, 2009
I guess we always need someone for the authoritarian left to tell us how much coverage is too much as well as when something is "officially" over.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I guess we always need someone for the authoritarian left to tell us how much coverage is too much as well as when something is "officially" over.
Lol, is this coming from the same crowd that's constantly demanding that media outlets they disagree with be shut down because of "bias" and "fake news"?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

It can still be an open issue in your mind, but the objective facts uncovered so far after two government investigations do not support continuing to waste public resources on further inquires. I'm sure you'd see it the same way if we were still investigating the allegation that Trump colluded with the Russians long after Trump was out of office.

Jul 9, 2009
It can still be an open issue in your mind, but the objective facts uncovered so far after two government investigations do not support continuing to waste public resources on further inquires. I'm sure you'd see it the same way if we were still investigating the allegation that Trump colluded with the Russians long after Trump was out of office.
I'm sure they will be, long after President Trump leaves office in 2025.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

The beautiful thing about a great conspiracy theory is that it's open ended. The game can be played as long as the rubes will pay attention.

Jul 9, 2009
  • Haha
Reactions: Paratus

Cogman

Lifer
Sep 19, 2000
You know, it's funny, because this IS one of the things that I thought looked really bad for Hillary back in 2016.

Now with the current president, this looks downright quaint as far as scandals go. "Oh no, she put potentially classified emails on a private server"... Yeah. Lets all focus on that while Trump ACTIVELY works to bribe foreign leaders to interfere with our elections. FFS, Trump is publicly disclosing transcripts "code word classified" documents which we now know are classified merely to prevent the public from finding out about Trump's criminality.

And his supporters still get up and try to defend his garbage as being "fake news" or "not a big deal".

Holy cow people. Your leader is more corrupt than Nixon. His corruption is so bad that EVEN fox news is reporting on some of it.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Except you're pretending that the information on Hillary isn't still coming out after so many years of stonewalls, cover ups and obstructions. This story from the OP is 2 days, 2 DAYS old.

And the only thing that has come out in that 2 day old story is that there was NOTHING to come out! Trump's own State Department said, after 3 years, 3 WHOLE YEARS of investigation, there was no real evidence of deliberate mishandling of classified information. The end.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
And the only thing that has come out in that 2 day old story is that there was NOTHING to come out! Trump's own State Department said, after 3 years, 3 WHOLE YEARS of investigation, there was no real evidence of deliberate mishandling of classified information. The end.

What I don't get is why they bother keeping up the charade. It's entirely obvious that they don't care about email security and classified information policy by the fact that the Trump administration commits all the same offenses and worse on a regular basis and they say nothing.

If I were them I would just take a victory lap - they pretended to care about a non-issue for a year and it got them the presidency because they fooled enough people. Just embrace the fact that your lie worked!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I remember seeing Rodney Dangerfield and he was saying that he was nearly robbed at knife point! But he could tell it was an amature job -- there was still butter on the knife....

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Sounds like Democrats crying about elections lmao
Not at all. Trump won the electoral college. Nobody has disputed that. So, uhh, if the Taj's of this world want to investigate Hillary's emails until the end of time we'd appreciate it if they could do it w/o the taxpayers' financial support. It's gone beyond reason or any sense of proportion at all.

Reactions: Meghan54

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Not at all. Trump won the electoral college. Nobody has disputed that. So, uhh, if the Taj's of this world want to investigate Hillary's emails until the end of time we'd appreciate it if they could do it w/o the taxpayers' financial support. It's gone beyond reason or any sense of proportion at all.

Repubs don't like having the big hammer they use to relentlessly pound Hillary with taken away from them, especially when the other one they have is being used to hammer themselves stupid over trying to defend their leader who actually admits to crimes or inexplicably make blatantly obvious lies to cover them up.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Repubs don't like having the big hammer they use to relentlessly pound Hillary with taken away from them, especially when the other one they have is being used to hammer themselves stupid over trying to defend their leader who actually admits to crimes or inexplicably make blatantly obvious lies to cover them up.

They're totally irrational over she who must not be named. The mere mention of her makes 'em a little bit nuts & therefore more receptive to bullshit. That's why the right wing noise machine won't let it go away. It's a useful tool for manipulating the masses.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Except you're pretending that the information on Hillary isn't still coming out after so many years of stonewalls, cover ups and obstructions. This story from the OP is 2 days, 2 DAYS old.
Keep it up...Remember when its all said and done, you get to heaven and receive 72 unread Hillary mails you can clutch onto for the rest of forever. Keep the faith brother. Do the Lords work. Amen.

Hahahahhaahhahahanahahahaahhaha

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

yea

pheeeeew that was funny. lame as dems still sour over 2016...
Good for you too?
It is. They are now all of a sudden anti electoral college. Can't win legitimately Soo let's change the rules