The Billary Road to Republican Victory: Frank Rick NY Times

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mail5398

Jul 9, 2001
Originally posted by: jjzelinski
Originally posted by: piasabird
I am not voting for McCain. If I want a liberal in office I can vote for a Democrat. At least with a Democrat you know they are a democrat.

If McCain was stupid enough to be shot down and captured by the enemy that does not make him seem all that skilled or smart; Just unlucky. It is not like he was Chuck Norris and escaped from a prison camp and went back to free his friends. I know that was fictitious character in a movie, but hopefully you get what I mean. It is like watching reruns of Hogan's Heroes.

I'm sorry did you just write "If McCain was stupid enough to be shot down and captured by the enemy that does not make him seem all that skilled or smart"? This is a joke, right? No one is that callous or stupid.... are they?

When I saw that my jaw dropped. People who write things like that make me want to vomit. Please tell us where you live so someone can stick their foot where the sun don't shine.

Carmen813

Diamond Member
May 18, 2007
Originally posted by: piasabird
I am not voting for McCain. If I want a liberal in office I can vote for a Democrat. At least with a Democrat you know they are a democrat.

If McCain was stupid enough to be shot down and captured by the enemy that does not make him seem all that skilled or smart; Just unlucky. It is not like he was Chuck Norris and escaped from a prison camp and went back to free his friends. I know that was fictitious character in a movie, but hopefully you get what I mean. It is like watching reruns of Hogan's Heroes.

Wow, just wow. Go learn about the Hanoi Hilton and learn what happened to those who remained there after others tried to escape. Staying there took more courage then trying to leave. Being shot/captured in combat has a tremendous amount to do with luck, not with skill or 'smarts'.