The Big Bang Theory

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Coming Sept. Sitcom for nerds... Kaley Cuoco stars as the hot girl next door (like that would really happen).

Preview

First ep is out there already...

BTW, if you were expecting to talk about astronomy, then yes, you qualify for this sitcom. :D

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I saw the first episode already and I was a bit disappointed to be honest. The premise is something normal but usually ignored for a series, because the idea is that only nerds want to watch nerds. The problem is, the show tends to do a poor job when it comes to telling a story. The biggest example is in the first episode when they go to talk to the ex, they are talking and don't really have much rising action (other than the natural tense mood), and then bam... you get the conclusion of the situation, which I will not mention as it'd be spoiling it :p. The idea is that you either a) show a bit of rising action and show the start of physical conflict (grabbing the shirt and giving a mean look, etc) then cutting to the end (i.e. you establish that there's going to be something bad) or b) show the entire act.

lizardboy

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2000
I've seen the pilot, Johnny Galecki's (sp?) voice is so incredibly annoying, I don't think I could ever watch this again. Maybe on mute since the girl is hot, but this show is terrible.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
it was horrible, insultingly stupid drivel. the chick would have to be naked and doing things to her self to make it even marginably watchable.

Wheezer

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
I am disappointed they pulled The Class for this...yes, The Class was a Friends clone, but some of the characters were hilarious..

I am looking forward to more of Rules of Engagement.

Aug 25, 2004
A few friends who saw it said it wasn't that great, so I didn't bother looking into the show.

Man, I wish they'd make more episodes of The IT Crowd. That was classic.