The Bern Takes Back His Manhood

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
It makes sense to me in that those who use "cuck" & "cuckold" are making it known to all that they are stupid morons. I liken it to a form of conservative Tourette's (as I call it); people who utter stupid shit that lets you easily identify what herd of morons they belong to. I've been around for almost sixty years and those words are now being tossed around like they've always been in fashion.

No, they are old terms that the adult kids of today have discovered and are running around saying because they don't have parents around to tell them to STFU.
This guy says he's over sixty, which does help explain some things.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Bernie didn't push Dems anywhere. He just better revealed what's been there since the New Deal & the Great Society, expressed our core values in a different way.

Stop... you're so blind you can't see how far the democratic party slipped from that New Deal & Great Society idealism to court the big money donors from the financial sector.

Clinton wasn't for the 15 dollar and hour minimum wage before Bernie came along. She was pro TPP before he became an actual challenge in the primary. Stop downplaying his effect. It's pathetic to do so.

Granted it's not certain that the entrenched democratic establishment won't flip flip on any issues he had promoted during the campaign... but one thing is for sure... the democratic party didn't stay so true to their mid-century ideals that they didn't need to be reminded by an "outsider"

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Stop... you're so blind you can't see how far the democratic party slipped from that New Deal & Great Society idealism to court the big money donors from the financial sector.

Clinton wasn't for the 15 dollar and hour minimum wage before Bernie came along. She was pro TPP before he became an actual challenge in the primary. Stop downplaying his effect. It's pathetic to do so.

Granted it's not certain that the entrenched democratic establishment won't flip flip on any issues he had promoted during the campaign... but one thing is for sure... the democratic party didn't stay so true to their mid-century ideals that they didn't need to be reminded by an "outsider"

The vast majority of Bernie supporters didn't register just for this election. They've been in the party for years. That's what I meant when I said it's always been there. They just needed a champion. He shifted the focus within the party. It's a good thing.

Those who truly supported him can either stick with him today & trust his judgement or whine about being cheated & oppressed as if that actually happened. It didn't.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
This guy says he's over sixty, which does help explain some things.

So "almost" = "over" in your world? Learn to comprehend what you are reading before opening your mouth to comment.

The foot you save from your mouth might be your own.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
The vast majority of Bernie supporters didn't register just for this election. They've been in the party for years. That's what I meant when I said it's always been there. They just needed a champion. He shifted the focus within the party. It's a good thing.

Those who truly supported him can either stick with him today & trust his judgement or whine about being cheated & oppressed as if that actually happened. It didn't.

It may have been with the electorate who are registered democrats but it apparently is not a majority of them (even if it is a sizable minority).

However, it is no longer part of a segment of the elected officials who are democrats. Just look at the number of them who supported whom in the primary.

It's more nuanced than you portray. Those who supported him will have to vote for Clinton if they live in a swing state, there is no denying that unless they've gone insane and fail to recognize the danger of a Trump administration. Those who live in a solid red state where Clinton is not going to win in any case should vote for Jill Stein. Those who live in a solid Blue state where Clinton will win should seriously consider voting for Jill Stein.
Depending on where you live has an impact on whether or not Senator Sanders advice and voting for Clinton is the best course.

The ideal outcome in this election, imho, is Senator Clinton winning by electoral votes with a significant number of individual votes going to the Green party candidate which would put the democratic blue-dogs on notice not to shift too far right on economic issues despite Clinton's victory....

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
One thing though, Jill Stein is a horrible candidate. I've voted green in the past and I have no problem with the party's overall positions. Stein has repeatedly dabbled in anti-vax nonsense as well as the anti GMO stupidity. In addition, she's basically a Ron Paul type monetary policy crank.

The Green Party nominated a nutcase this election. She is a bad choice.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
The Green Party nominated a nutcase this election. She is a bad choice.

She's not going to win. As I said a significant number of votes going to the Green party candidate... would be a warning to conserva-dems despite an electoral win by Clinton...

Seems like attacks on Jill Stein's vaccine views are part of the democratic entrenched establishment machinations

Dr. Jill Stein's popularity surge during the Democratic National Convention led to rumors that she opposes vaccines, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

But what do I know? After all snopes is just a green party partisan website right?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
She's not going to win. As I said a significant number of votes going to the Green party candidate... would be a warning to conserva-dems despite an electoral win by Clinton...

Seems like attacks on Jill Stein's vaccine views are part of the democratic entrenched establishment machinations

But what do I know? After all snopes is just a green party partisan website right?

Go look at her statements verbatim. She's not a full on anti-vaxxer, but she still says very irresponsible things.

NAC4EV

Golden Member
Feb 26, 2015
Poor Bernie got shafted by his own party

%7B9042bd1b-01b9-4873-854c-f8d464398a0c%7D.gif

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Go look at her statements verbatim. She's not a full on anti-vaxxer, but she still says very irresponsible things.

I think it is questionable that drug companies would have any influence over the FDA. Personally I'd prefer the pharmaceutical industry have separate vaccinations available for parents who have concerns about multiple in one vaccinations. No one is suggesting that no vaccinations is preferable. Take your attacks elsewhere establishment shill....

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I think it is questionable that drug companies would have any influence over the FDA. Personally I'd prefer the pharmaceutical industry have separate vaccinations available for parents who have concerns about multiple in one vaccinations. No one is suggesting that no vaccinations is preferable. Take your attacks elsewhere establishment shill....

You are of course welcome to your opinion, but the argument for separate vaccinations has no scientific basis.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
You are of course welcome to your opinion, but the argument for separate vaccinations has no scientific basis.

There is also no harm by them either as long as parents get all of the recommended vaccinations. If there is an extra cost some parents would gladly pay them.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It may have been with the electorate who are registered democrats but it apparently is not a majority of them (even if it is a sizable minority).

However, it is no longer part of a segment of the elected officials who are democrats. Just look at the number of them who supported whom in the primary.

It's more nuanced than you portray. Those who supported him will have to vote for Clinton if they live in a swing state, there is no denying that unless they've gone insane and fail to recognize the danger of a Trump administration. Those who live in a solid red state where Clinton is not going to win in any case should vote for Jill Stein. Those who live in a solid Blue state where Clinton will win should seriously consider voting for Jill Stein.
Depending on where you live has an impact on whether or not Senator Sanders advice and voting for Clinton is the best course.

The ideal outcome in this election, imho, is Senator Clinton winning by electoral votes with a significant number of individual votes going to the Green party candidate which would put the democratic blue-dogs on notice not to shift too far right on economic issues despite Clinton's victory....

Nonsense. You suggest that the progressive vote should be split because of virulent & irrational Hillary hate that's been spread by the right wing for decades.

As Clinton points out, we're stronger together, not just for this election but as we seek to create a better govt & a better country. The truth is that the Republican Party needs to be moved to the center & putting up a fractured front sure as Hell won't do that.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Putting up a united front requires different moves than Senator Clinton taking on Dimebag Wad (of) Shit as an honorary campaign adviser after that bedcrapper resigned from the DNC in shame.

It requires her friend not suggesting that Hillary Clinton will flip back to supporting the TPP then walking it back after the gaffe.

It requires certain celebrities to not be tone-deaf in their "richsplaining" why Hillary should be voted for.

I would definitely follow Senator Sanders advice if I was in one of the swing states and my vote could possibly have catastrophic results for the country.
I don't live in one of those swing states... I live in a state where both candidates can lose or gain millions of votes and not have the electoral vote change.
So I'm thinking seriously about who I am voting for. It's not Trump cause he's a disaster.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Poor Bernie got shafted by his own party

%7B9042bd1b-01b9-4873-854c-f8d464398a0c%7D.gif

Definitely a funny cartoon. But let's talk about this issue a little more honestly. You have emails suggesting to use a tactic that had been used in the 1980s - out Bernie's religion, or lack thereof. That tactic was NOT used. In those emails, there's zero evidence of any actual tactics used to hurt Bernie; only evidence that the party leaders favored Hillary over Bernie. And though the rules are that they be neutral - and I haven't seen actions against Hillary or Bernie that weren't neutral - you obviously can't say, "you're not allowed to have an opinion." Thus, the suggestion that they out Bernie's religion was met with a "no."

Bernie whined throughout that the rules were unfair to him. THOSE rules had been in place for a long time. One of the biggest "unfair rules" was closed primaries. Closed primaries hurt Bernie. Though, I'm not sure that it isn't a good rule - shouldn't Democrats be allowed to choose who they want to lead the Democrats, rather than Republicans get to sway the Democrat choice, and vice versa? Heck, with open primaries, it's fathomable that in a very blue state, that the Republican choice could be a Democrat. But, let's not argue over open or closed primaries. The system Bernie claimed was a rigged system is the system that's been in place long before Bernie chose to run as a Democrat. While the leaders in the DNC were strongly pro-Hillary, there's no evidence in those emails that they did anything that had a significant effect on Bernie's votes. And Bernie lost in a landslide - by millions of votes.

sontakke

Aug 8, 2001
Was it really by a landslide? I think I would call it comfortable or decisive margin but nowhere near as landslide. I do understand that Hillary's margin was bigger than Obamas's margin but still not as lopsided as to be called landslide.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Bernie is not a Democrat, sorry. Kinda why he has that little (I) after his name on the Senate roster.

I'm glad he ran as a democrat instead of as a possible 3rd party spoiler.... sure he wouldn't have gotten as large as a vote but I have a feeling his detractors would be a lot more derisive of him if he ran as a 3rd party candidate and possibly causing Hillary to be behind trump more often in the opinion polls.

We'll just have to see how long his influence on the party lasts.

TheGardener

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2014
Bernie is not a Democrat, sorry. Kinda why he has that little (I) after his name on the Senate roster.
Sanders has caucused with the Democrats, and has voted pretty much like one, except on issues of conscious, such as Iraq and the bailout of Wall Street and banks. The Democrats have allowed Sanders to keep his leadership and seniority positions.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Sanders has caucused with the Democrats, and has voted pretty much like one, except on issues of conscious, such as Iraq and the bailout of Wall Street and banks. The Democrats have allowed Sanders to keep his leadership and seniority positions.

I'm quite aware, and none of that contradicts what I posted.

Your point?

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Speaking of Sanders, what happened to his biggest fan / shill? Notice Swamplizard hasn't posted since it became inevitable that HRC was going to be the nominee.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Speaking of Sanders, what happened to his biggest fan / shill? Notice Swamplizard hasn't posted since it became inevitable that HRC was going to be the nominee.

Paid republican poster? it's not unheard of.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Was it really by a landslide? I think I would call it comfortable or decisive margin but nowhere near as landslide. I do understand that Hillary's margin was bigger than Obamas's margin but still not as lopsided as to be called landslide.

She won by about 12 points, which is smaller than what most nominees win by. As 538 pointed out though, in the past most people who were as far behind as Sanders concede long before the last primary, allowing the winner to run up the score. When they looked at the results as compared to previous nominees when their last rival conceded Clinton's performance was the third highest ever, which makes this a beat down. So it all depends on how you look at it.

Overall, the primary was never close. After Super Tuesday the outcome was all but inevitable. I genuinely don't know why the press treated it as anything different.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
So "almost" = "over" in your world? Learn to comprehend what you are reading before opening your mouth to comment.

The foot you save from your mouth might be your own.
I was talking about the OP, you doofus.