The Beatles or The Stones?

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Both great bands, both supremely influential, both before my time.. but there are so many great Stones songs I've come to love, so I definitely appreciate their stuff more.

As far as the Beatles go.. I recognize the incredible talent and song making that came out of that group, I'm just not as big a fan of their softer, more whimsical style of rock. Too much melody in the vocals for me or something, I can't really explain why I'm not into their stuff with the exception of Yesterday, Hey Jude, and Let It Be.

NuclearNed

Raconteur
May 18, 2001
Beatles

I appreciate the Stones, but in general their music just doesn't appeal to me.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
no way I am picking one. I can't. Although I don't really appreciate The Beatles stuff until they reach their psychedelic time. From there, it tends to be hit or miss between songs as some just don't have the overall quality feel that the next song may have.
But I also don't like every song from the 'Stones either. Thus why I cannot vote. :)

actually, now that I think about it. Even though the Beatles is hit or miss, it's more hit than miss compared to the 'Stones, as even though I love certain songs from the Stones, I like the variety the Beatles can deliver.

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
The Beatles....that rilvary sufficed in the past, but there is no question about it now.

Sgt. pepper is one hell of a record.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
The world needed them both.

I don't listen to either one much anymore though since I've been hearing them both since before I was born.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
The Beatles whup the ever-lovin' crap out of the Stones. The Stones did (basically) one thing, but they did it pretty well. Of course, they actually stayed on tour and didn't seal themselves off to make records.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Originally posted by: loki8481
I always thought the stones were pretty over-rated.

I feel that way about the Beatles. The were way too "pop", I like the edgier music of The Stones and The Who.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: GagHalfrunt
Originally posted by: loki8481
I always thought the stones were pretty over-rated.

I feel that way about the Beatles. The were way too "pop", I like the edgier music of The Stones and The Who.

Most of the time when I hear that from people, they haven't actually listened to Abbey Road.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
The Beatles hands down. The Stones are not even in the same rank, as far as I care.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
I like to listen to the music of the Stones more, but I have an appreciation for the music of the Beatles more. The Beatles influenced everything during their era, including what the Stones were doing.

SpunkyJones

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2004
Stones all the way. I like the Beatles, but the Stones just kick ass. Let it Bleed FTW!