The Battle For Baghdad Has Just Begun!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: apoppin
Alternative to continuing the war . . .

Cut and pasted from another thread - there is more if you read further
Since the Iraqi prople have NOT risen up against Saddam we shouldn't expect reprisials if we left right now.

However, I propose a different scenario - since we are now there, send a major force into Baghdad - find the WMD and PROVE to the rest of the world that Saddam HAS WMD - take over Iraqi TV ands show his own people the WMD . . . then go BACK to the UN and argue for a United Nations effort with Arab soldiers to liberate Iraq.
I am sure there are more .

We are sending a force into Baghdad.

Got anything else?

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
"Bungled" in that we don't have the UN forces including Muslim nations fighting at our side.

That's all . . . I am NOT talking about the changing strategy. . . . . Our military - unfettered by politics - is the Very Best (in history).

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: PreDatoR
I expected that comment from you... let me guess your just an anti american bush hater... most bush haters are gay anyways :D I'm just a mindless individual that supports out TROOPS no matter what kind of fvcked up situation they are in. What kind of a sick person would wish harm to our troops. I haven't seen you directly come out and say that but the sh!t that you keep typing has refered to that more than once... I'm with Jimbo here stick that eyeroll up your ASS! :)

"Mindless individual" . . . good then we're agreed on something. :D

I don't know what kind of sick American would wish harm to our troops.

I am NOT one of them and every post where I commented on this I wish ONLY the VERY BEST for out troops. I am not an idiot that wants them kept in harm's way when there are perfectly good alternatives that our coalition didn't consider to bring them home.

Edit: What do you mean by "gay"?

I'd HATE Gore if he bungled this war this badly.
This "War" hasn't been bungled. You have to stop getting all your info from Pravada Comrade!

How can we be advancing against the elite republican guard when we are out of water, food, ammo and having an operation pause. How is this possible?

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: etech

Since the Iraqi prople have NOT risen up against Saddam we shouldn't expect reprisials if we left right now.

However, I propose a different scenario - since we are now there, send a major force into Baghdad - find the WMD and PROVE to the rest of the world that Saddam HAS WMD - take over Iraqi TV ands show his own people the WMD . . . then go BACK to the UN and argue for a United Nations effort with Arab soldiers to liberate Iraq.

Got anything else?
I am suggesting a "mission objective" change - not a bloody battle to topple Saddam which will surely unleash WMD in Baghdad - but a more MODEST operation to get ABSOLUTE PROOF for the entire world that Saddam HAS WMDs.

Something France can't ignore.

ebloom

May 3, 2002
apoppin do you have to come across as a complete jackass every damn post you make?? i've read a lot of these threads here and have commented on very few but every one i see your name in your a total asshole... maybe its time you get a life away from your computer for a change don't ya think??? are you that fvcking lazy you can't go to cnn.com and see it for yourself? your just one of those pricks who has to critize everything that anyone says aren't you? is your life really that pathetic?
Yes it is. :D

-apoopin

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
"Bungled" in that we don't have the UN forces including Muslim nations fighting at our side.

That's all . . . I am NOT talking about the changing strategy. . . . . Our military - unfettered by politics - is the Very Best (in history).

Running the entire operation of Qatar is not good enough? Launching the main attack from Kuwait? Flying sorties out of Saudi? Yeah there are no muslim nations involved.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002

if I offered to clean up your neighborhood of all the drug dealers and other scumbags and all you had to do was sit in your house nice and safe you would too....

mastertech01

Moderator Emeritus Elite Member
Nov 13, 1999
I am not an idiot that wants them kept in harm's way when there are perfectly good alternatives that our coalition didn't consider to bring them home.

So said the UN for the past 12 years. And the biggest, staunchest supporters of a peacefull resolution were the very countries supplying Iraq with the very elements to create his weapons, bolster his defenses, and who stood to lose the most economically from thier sales.

Honestly why are you so against the very man who FINALLY had the Ballz to take out the supporters of world wide terrorism? If it werent for people like him through out history, people like you would have us all slaves to dictators like Saddam!

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: charrison

Running the entire operation of Qatar is not good enough? Launching the main attack from Kuwait? Flying sorties out of Saudi? Yeah there are no muslim nations involved.
Evidently NOT good enough FOR THE IRAQI PEOPLE to rise up against Saddam which is what the Coalition HOPED. They need to see ARAB SOLDIERS from MUSLIM nations FIGHTING Saddam's forces. They WILL believe then - not now.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Alistar7

if I offered to clean up your neighborhood of all the drug dealers and other scumbags and all you had to do was sit in your house nice and safe you would too....
I wouldn't trust you or your violent methods in my neighborhood AT ALL. :p

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

Evidently NOT good enough FOR THE IRAQI PEOPLE to rise up against Saddam which is what the Coalition HOPED. They need to see ARAB SOLDIERS from MUSLIM nations FIGHTING Saddam's forces. They WILL believe then - not now.

Do you really think anyone inside of iraq has the real story of what is happening?

What about the arab(kurds) force in the north? They are working with us as well. I guess once again, that is not good enough.

NesuD

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Most bush haters are homosexual... there sorry i didn't clarify that for your intellectually challenged mind... If you don't wish harm to our armed forces then i suggest you change your tone cause i'm not the only one that can see it coming out of you... I'm sorry Gore didn't get elected to office cause then we'd all be sitting on our hands doing jacksh!t as always wit ha Democrap Pres in office... And whats so wrong with this war how are we getting our asses kicked? I fail to see it maybe you know something that we all don't know... I consider less than 100 casualties in which more than half of those are due to FF and accidents vs the 10's of
Uh, I think you need a "break" from this discussion, you are getting pretty heated. And you also just lost your credibility with that first line.

I just won't dignify it with any further reply . . . :(

I see you edited it. Yeah - lighten up.

PSSST!! Apoppin heres a news flash you haven't been conducting yourself in a particularly dignified manner in this thread to begin with. From what i've read here all you seem to be doing is flame baiting.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: etech

Got anything else?
I am suggesting a "mission objective" change - not a bloody battle to topple Saddam which will surely unleash WMD in Baghdad - but a more MODEST operation to get ABSOLUTE PROOF for the entire world that Saddam HAS WMDs.

Ok, you obviously don't know a damn thing about how the military works or the situation in Iraq. Why don't you just go argue something you do know about?

Are you serious in suggesting that any military force could just waltz in to Baghdad and search for weapons. Read the news boy. There's three divisions of Iraqi's around that town. There are people that were saying that the US in not using enough force the mission and you want to just go into Baghdad.

Out or curiosity, apoppin, just how old are you?

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
France publicly admitted they believed Saddam still had WMD, the proof is already there anyway, not of WMD, but the missilles being fired at Kuwait City are proof enough of his material breach.

France has deals in place with Saddam worth about 4 billion initially, as does Russia, the only way they get those deals is if and when sanctions are lifted. Why do you think they changed their perspective and have actively tried to have them lifted in the past? Why do you think they obstructed anything that had to do with Saddam being removed from power? Where is their concern now? On making money off the rebuilding. They sold out the Iraqi people by making deals to help keep Saddam in power, now they want to profit off the same people they conspired to oppress, not gonna happen.

Did the US help put Saddam in power? Yes, was he considered a moderate, respectable leader at that time? Yes. Has he changed, no doubt, the difference is we are willing to admit our culpability and also assume our burden of the responsibility for our misjudgement. All the French want to do is make the US seem like the $$$ hungry pricks they really are behind the scenes....

BTW Haliburton did not get the bids......

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Alistar7

I wouldn't trust you or your violent methods in my neighborhood AT ALL. :p

really if you wouldnt trust the US military to perform precise attacks, who would you? Saddam?, yeah those scuds are so accurate......
rolleye.gif

Jimbo

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999

Something France can't ignore.[/quote]

CONFIRMED and OFFICIAL!

You apoppin, are a total ID10T!

You would waste American lives and Leave one of the most brutal murderous dictators in The Middle East IN POWER just to impress France!

You are an absolute ass-nugget. For a while there I thought you were just a rude bastard.

Have a nice day. :)

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
perhaps the terror camp will provide concrete links to al-queda and WMD, to find BOTH in the same place would be quite fantastic, the fact they captured a terrorist training camp in Baghdad shouldn't be dismissed, who wanted proof of ties to terrorism.......???? lol

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com

Do you really think anyone inside of iraq has the real story of what is happening?

What about the arab(kurds) force in the north? They are working with us as well. I guess once again, that is not good enough.
The Kurds - the "natural" enemies of the people in the South? No, not good enough. I mean Al Jazeeara showing pictures of Egyptians, Jordanians, Syrians, Saudi and Turkish soldiers fighting with the Coalition under a UN flag.

Part of my "incursion" into Baghdad - besides getting Proof of WMD - would be to CONTROL the Iraq TV - broadcast on their airwaves so that the average Iraqi sees OUR irrefutable proof that Saddam has WMD.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Jimbo

CONFIRMED and OFFICIAL!

You apoppin, are a total ID10T!

You would waste American lives and Leave one of the most brutal murderous dictators in The Middle East IN POWER just to impress France!

You are an absolute ass-nugget. For a while there I thought you were just a rude bastard.

Have a nice day. :)[/quote]You clearly don't have the intellectual capacity to comprehend what I am saying. You are the one that would WASTE "our boys" lives.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003

Significantly, more civilians were informing foreign troops about the whereabouts of paramilitary forces and members of Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein's Baath Party, British officials said.
Link

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: NesuD
Most bush haters are homosexual... there sorry i didn't clarify that for your intellectually challenged mind... If you don't wish harm to our armed forces then i suggest you change your tone cause i'm not the only one that can see it coming out of you... I'm sorry Gore didn't get elected to office cause then we'd all be sitting on our hands doing jacksh!t as always wit ha Democrap Pres in office... And whats so wrong with this war how are we getting our asses kicked? I fail to see it maybe you know something that we all don't know... I consider less than 100 casualties in which more than half of those are due to FF and accidents vs the 10's of
Uh, I think you need a "break" from this discussion, you are getting pretty heated. And you also just lost your credibility with that first line.

I just won't dignify it with any further reply . . . :(

I see you edited it. Yeah - lighten up.

PSSST!! Apoppin heres a news flash you haven't been conducting yourself in a particularly dignified manner in this thread to begin with. From what i've read here all you seem to be doing is flame baiting.
I think you are confused about who is flame-baiting.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

The Kurds - the "natural" enemies of the people in the South? No, not good enough. I mean Al Jazeeara showing pictures of Egyptians, Jordanians, Syrians, Saudi and Turkish soldiers fighting with the Coalition under a UN flag.

Part of my "incursion" into Baghdad - besides getting Proof of WMD - would be to CONTROL the Iraq TV - broadcast on their airwaves so that the average Iraqi sees OUR irrefutable proof that Saddam has WMD.

Well that incursion has been happening. We have been broadcasting 1 tv station and 5 radio stations for the past several months.

Even if we had UN support like we did in 91, the US still provided the bulk of the power. So even then, a few thousand arabs under a UN flag would not be enough in your mind.

I have to agree with Jimbos last post.

PreDatoR

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2000
C'mon apoopin why can't you argue any of the questions i asked you in previous posts.... ITs cause you can't argue them... and it was nice of you to have your mod buddy delete my whole post too.... That was real chicken$h!t.... Its amazing how you can sure dish it out apoopin but yet you can't take it....

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Feldenak

Significantly, more civilians were informing foreign troops about the whereabouts of paramilitary forces and members of Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein's Baath Party, British officials said.
Link

appopin will not read such a report. Even if he did, he would just dismiss as propaganda.