The Battle For Baghdad Has Just Begun!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: apoppin
Originally posted by: charrison
"Bungled" in that we don't have the UN forces including Muslim nations fighting at our side.

That's all . . . I am NOT talking about the changing strategy. . . . . Our military - unfettered by politics - is the Very Best (in history).

Running the entire operation of Qatar is not good enough? Launching the main attack from Kuwait? Flying sorties out of Saudi? Yeah there are no muslim nations involved.
Evidently NOT good enough FOR THE IRAQI PEOPLE to rise up against Saddam which is what the Coalition HOPED. They need to see ARAB SOLDIERS from MUSLIM nations FIGHTING Saddam's forces. They WILL believe then - not now.

Do you really think anyone inside of iraq has the real story of what is happening?

What about the arab(kurds) force in the north? They are working with us as well. I guess once again, that is not good enough.
The Kurds - the "natural" enemies of the people in the South? No, not good enough. I mean Al Jazeeara showing pictures of Egyptians, Jordanians, Syrians, Saudi and Turkish soldiers fighting with the Coalition under a UN flag.

Part of my "incursion" into Baghdad - besides getting Proof of WMD - would be to CONTROL the Iraq TV - broadcast on their airwaves so that the average Iraqi sees OUR irrefutable proof that Saddam has WMD.

I'm pretty sure they remember when he GASSED them...... I'm sure they are pleased to hear you are so concerned with them being fully aware though.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: PreDatoR
C'mon apoopin why can't you argue any of the questions i asked you in previous posts.... ITs cause you can't argue them... and it was nice of you to have your mod buddy delete my whole post too.... That was real chicken$h!t.... Its amazing how you can sure dish it out apoopin but yet you can't take it....

yeah he challenged someone to explain something, which I did, he blew it off, lol..

PreDatoR

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2000
Ya he's too affraid to come out of that bubble and enter the real world for a change... anyways it was fun apoopin' but its time to sit back in my recliner and watch 24... which isn't quite as entertaining as you but it will have to do for now... as i do have a life away from my computer unlike yourself...
rolleye.gif

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
C'mon apoopin why can't you argue any of the questions i asked you in previous posts.... ITs cause you can't argue them... and it was nice of you to have your mod buddy delete my whole post too.... That was real chicken$h!t.... Its amazing how you can sure dish it out apoopin but yet you can't take it....
I don't have any "mod buddies" and didn't see your post.

Are you even aware of forum rules?

I also find you "entertaining" in a very juvenile sort of way.
rolleye.gif

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
How can we be advancing against the elite republican guard when we are out of water, food, ammo and having an operation pause. How is this possible?
Because we are not out of food, not out of water, and definitely not out of ammo.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: conjur
How can we be advancing against the elite republican guard when we are out of water, food, ammo and having an operation pause. How is this possible?
Because we are not out of food, not out of water, and definitely not out of ammo.

But the media says we are, how can this be?
rolleye.gif

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: Feldenak
"Bungled" in that we don't have the UN forces including Muslim nations fighting at our side.

That's all . . . I am NOT talking about the changing strategy. . . . . Our military - unfettered by politics - is the Very Best (in history).

Running the entire operation of Qatar is not good enough? Launching the main attack from Kuwait? Flying sorties out of Saudi? Yeah there are no muslim nations involved.
Evidently NOT good enough FOR THE IRAQI PEOPLE to rise up against Saddam which is what the Coalition HOPED. They need to see ARAB SOLDIERS from MUSLIM nations FIGHTING Saddam's forces. They WILL believe then - not now.

Significantly, more civilians were informing foreign troops about the whereabouts of paramilitary forces and members of Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein's Baath Party, British officials said.
Link

appopin will not read such a report. Even if he did, he would just dismiss as propaganda.

Yeah, I've picked up on that. Still, I made my point and watched him change subjects/threads.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001

rolleye.gif
FUD

And since when has the media been accurate in its assessment of the war plans. Oh, and when did they get their hands on the war plans and when were they privy to meetings with the Joint Chiefs?

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

rolleye.gif
FUD

And since when has the media been accurate in its assessment of the war plans. Oh, and when did they get their hands on the war plans and when were they privy to meetings with the Joint Chiefs?

I know, i have been saying this for days...

Jmman

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
Well, it really sounds like they are starting to open a can of whoopass on the Republican Guard. AC 130 gunships are evidently pounding the crap out of them......:)

Michael

Elite member
Nov 19, 1999
appopin is a dolt. Not because of his views, but because he never admits he is wrong and is too transparent in his(her) attempts to redfine what winning is or even what is being discussed in any thread he(she) slimes through. Until it starts to be more rational in discussions, I'm just going to ignore it.

Michael

PreDatoR

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2000
I don't have any "mod buddies" and didn't see your post.

Are you even aware of forum rules?

I also find you "entertaining" in a very juvenile sort of way.
rolleye.gif

LOL he didn't see my post... there's the wimp way of getting out of things...
rolleye.gif
Just like a true Democrat ehh?? :D

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Oliver North is reporting the Marine 1st Division has crossed the Tigress

and

Ted Koppel says the 3rd ID is through the Karbala Gap.

Jimbo

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999

and

NO! NO! NO!

That can not be true!

apopin, the fact god, has said I am premature in my post!

OR

I'm right and he is wrong!
neenner neenner neenner!

<----- Does the touchdown dance! :D

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Jimbo

and

NO! NO! NO!

That can not be true!

OR

neenner neenner neenner!

I would hate to see what our forces could do if they had plenty of ammo, fuel, food and water.

mastertech01

Moderator Emeritus Elite Member
Nov 13, 1999

and

NO! NO! NO!

That can not be true!

OR

neenner neenner neenner!

I would hate to see what our forces could do if they had plenty of ammo, fuel, food and water.

They have all they need appearantly... or at least arent WHINING about it.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003

and

NO! NO! NO!

That can not be true!

OR

neenner neenner neenner!

Another link for you Jimbo :)