The ATOT Bar

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gabemcg

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2004
Originally posted by: Schrodinger
Chimay Blue please

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the best beer/lable EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Schrodinger you win!!!!!!!!!!! FREE CHIMAY BLUE for the rest of the night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously, I had it first in southern france on tap when I was 17. It was amazing. Now I get it bottled as a treat every now and then. Too expensive in the states.

Schrodinger

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2004
Originally posted by: gabemcg
Chimay Blue please

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the best beer/lable EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Schrodinger you win!!!!!!!!!!! FREE CHIMAY BLUE for the rest of the night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously, I had it first in southern france on tap when I was 17. It was amazing. Now I get it bottled as a treat every now and then. Too expensive in the states.

Chimay Premiere (sp?) aka "Red" is largely available here but Blue is harder to come by... I still get it though (and stock up).

Excellent ale paired with a hearty meal. I'll often times go to the bakery and get some bread to go with it (and cheese).

edit: do you know where I can find some decent chimay glasses? the particular wide mouth ones they advertise? I only have my Guinness pint glasses around when I drink Chimay :( Preferably something like this

Schrodinger

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2004
BTW its not overly expensive once you figure that
#1 It doesn't taste like the horsepiss domestics
#2 It has 9% alcohol content while many other ales are a 4 or 5 (so to get drunk you need only drink half as many :D)

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
I want precisely what I have in front of me at the moment, a Stone Imperial Russian Stout. 22oz of almost pure (89.2%) darkness... why do I say it is 89.2% pure darkness? Because the other 10.8% is alcohol.

However, I would like a fork ;)

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Originally posted by: EyeMWing
I'm drinking alone. Stay away from my lonely, secluded, dark spot in the corner or I may be forced to kill you. Barkeep, please establish a perimeter around me to be violated only to bring more alcohol!

Sending hot flirty waitress your way ASAP

I'm not drowning myself over a woman, I'm drowning myself over a friend who forgot 'bros before hos'

Eighteen fvcking years, and he knows her a month.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
I'm drinking alone. Stay away from my lonely, secluded, dark spot in the corner or I may be forced to kill you. Barkeep, please establish a perimeter around me to be violated only to bring more alcohol!

I'm not drowning myself over a woman, I'm drowning myself over a friend who forgot 'bros before hos'

Ahh... the power of vagina

gabemcg

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2004
Chimay Blue please

Chimay Premiere (sp?) aka "Red" is largely available here but Blue is harder to come by... I still get it though (and stock up).

Excellent ale paired with a hearty meal. I'll often times go to the bakery and get some bread to go with it (and cheese).

edit: do you know where I can find some decent chimay glasses? the particular wide mouth ones they advertise? I only have my Guinness pint glasses around when I drink Chimay :( Preferably something like this

Found one: Here

brigden

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2002
Chimay Blue please

Tuborg is complimented by similar glasses.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Line up two shots of Jack Daniel's & a :beer: please! :D

gabemcg

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2004
Originally posted by: iamwiz82

I here ya. A buddy of mine once left me to walk home (only 1/4 mi) from a gas station, cause he was late for a date with (get this) his ex-girfriend! It was cold and rainy tho. Not cool

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003

nonono, my friend is the girl. So it's actually some bastardization of 'bros before hos'.

Schrodinger

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2004
Chimay Blue please

Found one: Here

LOL check out the "Chimay Magnum" That thing is massive! 1.9L of Chimay haha.

gabemcg

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2004
No one has bought the Bartender a drink yet... I'm gonna have to start checking ID's....

on a side note, I think this is the longest non-flamewar thread I've ever started!

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001

nonono, my friend is the girl. So it's actually some bastardization of 'bros before hos'.

Ahh.. the power of penis

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
No one has bought the Bartender a drink yet... I'm gonna have to start checking ID's....

on a side note, I think this is the longest non-flamewar thread I've ever started!

ID's? I, uh, left mine in the cat. ;):beer:

gabemcg

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2004

ID's? I, uh, left mine in the cat. ;):beer:

hmm. I'm not gonna even ask how your ID got in the CAT....

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999

Fine!

STFU n00b! :|

Feel better? :p

Cheers gabemcg :beer: