The AT Battlefield Bad Company 2 F.A.Q.

Page 285 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
I prefer the 40mm shotgun, because if you happen to run into someone coming around the corner you might only get 1 chance and if you can line up a decent body shot with it that takes them down in one hit fast! Otherwise I switch up the guns. I quite like the f2k actually, fast rate of fire and fairly accurate.

Zargon

Lifer
Nov 3, 2009
I use the F2000 alot too, great spray and pray for the 'urban levels, oasis conquest(and rush I suppose) Africa harbor conquest etc

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
I prefer the 40mm shotgun, because if you happen to run into someone coming around the corner you might only get 1 chance and if you can line up a decent body shot with it that takes them down in one hit fast! Otherwise I switch up the guns. I quite like the f2k actually, fast rate of fire and fairly accurate.

The problem is that the 40mm grenade can do the same thing when in close enough quarters for the 40mm shotgun to be a one shot kill, and really isn't that much harder to aim the 40mm grenade to get that one-shot-kill at that range.

When we combine the 40mm grenade's usefulness to inflict damage at long ranges as well as its invaluable ability as a tool to clear trees/shrubs/walls I find it hard not to go with the 40mm grenade over the 40mm shotgun.

That's not to say the shotgun isn't far more satisfying and fun, I think it is, I just think the 40mm grenade is far more useful/well-rounded/practical. The ability to breach walls and destroy cover can be far more valuable IME than to have an alternate weapon.

Of course there's the 40mm smoke which can also score direct hit kills at close quarters identically to the 40mm grenade, but it puts up the far too undervalued/underutilized smoke screen.

I use the F2000 alot too, great spray and pray for the 'urban levels, oasis conquest(and rush I suppose) Africa harbor conquest etc

Yup, the F2000 can be really fun ever since they balanced it to handle more like an SMG than an AR, making it an incredible weapon when used on the move from the hip sights. It was otherwise too weak and inaccurate to hold up to the other ARs.

maevinj

Nov 20, 2004
Of course there's the 40mm smoke which can also score direct hit kills at close quarters identically to the 40mm grenade, but it puts up the far too undervalued/underutilized smoke screen.

Ive always wondered why nobody else really uses smoke

Homer Simpson

Oct 10, 1999
Ive always wondered why nobody else really uses smoke

smoke on rush maps is great for taking out mcoms. the only problem i have is, unless im playing with my friends who know im trying to provide them cover, other random teamates just ignore the smoke and never attempt to arm the mcom.

i think my best experience was when my full squad all started pumping smoke grenades into the enemy base from a distance at the same time. that makes for a LOT of smoke cover.

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
The problem is that the 40mm grenade can do the same thing when in close enough quarters for the 40mm shotgun to be a one shot kill, and really isn't that much harder to aim the 40mm grenade to get that one-shot-kill at that range.

When we combine the 40mm grenade's usefulness to inflict damage at long ranges as well as its invaluable ability as a tool to clear trees/shrubs/walls I find it hard not to go with the 40mm grenade over the 40mm shotgun.

That's not to say the shotgun isn't far more satisfying and fun, I think it is, I just think the 40mm grenade is far more useful/well-rounded/practical. The ability to breach walls and destroy cover can be far more valuable IME than to have an alternate weapon.

The problem is if you miss and hit something else you run the risk of blowing yourself up.

I got kind of bored with the grenade, shotty is more satisfying. :cool: There was a time when I went around just killing people with the smoke grenades. A lot of people were very confused, lol. It was sort of an asshole move as you create smoke clouds all over the place.

Blunc

Oct 4, 2007
what's up with the arsehole move I've been seeing lately of sitting in the in the home spawn and damaging/blowing up resources like the choppers and tanks?

I've seen two different players do that last week.

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
The problem is if you miss and hit something else you run the risk of blowing yourself up.

I got kind of bored with the grenade, shotty is more satisfying. :cool: There was a time when I went around just killing people with the smoke grenades. A lot of people were very confused, lol. It was sort of an asshole move as you create smoke clouds all over the place.

The grenade has to travel a certain distance before it's activated. If you shoot it at a wall right in front of you, it doesn't do anything but bounce off.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001

40mm grenades don't explode in close enough quarters, so you really cannot do damage to yourself, it's effectively a 40mm slug instead of a 40mm shot (same goes for the smoke grenade)

Nothing asshole about it unless you're helping the enemy attackers sneak into your base and not getting enough kills to justify the tactic. Sure, its definitely a humiliation kill, but there's nothing wrong with that considering it takes a lot more skill and guts to do than to score the kill with a "real" weapon. (although my favorite humiliation kill would have to be the repair tool, I'm up to 822 of those :p)

I have a couple hundred smoke grenade kills from times where all I was trying to do was get smoke grenade kills if only for the lulz. It really isn't too terrible of a tactic because even if you miss the kill shot chances are you still landed it near the enemy and the burst of smoke is generally enough of a distraction for you to get away and get another shot off.

40mm Smoke grenades also restock a lot faster than 40mm greandes from the ammo box

what's up with the arsehole move I've been seeing lately of sitting in the in the home spawn and damaging/blowing up resources like the choppers and tanks?

I've seen two different players do that last week.

Maybe they're just pissed off at all the newbs that try and bother with vehicles when they'd better off learning how to play the game first before messing with vehicles?

The grenade has to travel a certain distance before it's activated. If you shoot it at a wall right in front of you, it doesn't do anything but bounce off.

Well, it doesn't necessarily bounce, if you fire a 40mm grenade at a destructible wall a point blank range the wall will be destroyed, an invaluable tool for storming or escaping a building

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004

I'm aware, doesn't always work so nicely though. Been enough times I've gotten close enough with that :eek:. Another plus to the shotty is you can grab double, or sometimes higher, kills with one shot. Grenade has it's uses, not denying that, just I haven't used it in so long now I can hardly hit anything with it now.

gonzal13

Sep 20, 2010
I like the 40mm for long range type stuff, and its OK for last second close range shots.

But my preference is the 40mm shottie. When capping points, sitting in a corner and listening sometimes I can get two guys with one blast, or at least kill one and injure another.

I find it to be a bit more forgiving too, if I'm working on 2-3 guys at once, I don't have to aim my shot perfectly to get him. If I get the cursor close - he dies. Hopefully I've already taken out the first two guys with my 30 bullets in my main clip.

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
Why are there so few hardcore vietnam servers? There's only about 10 when I do a search and 3/4 of them are empty. And when I join the others, I get put on the team that is pushed all the way back to their spawn.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
Why are there so few hardcore vietnam servers? There's only about 10 when I do a search and 3/4 of them are empty. And when I join the others, I get put on the team that is pushed all the way back to their spawn.

I think you just answered you own question, its probably just not balanced enough. I would regularly rack up 20:1 KDRs with the M40 the few times I tried hardcore, its just too OP and easy.

Plus Vietnam's vanilla gameplay already fits somewhere between BC2's vanilla game play and hardcore, so I'm sure there's a larger pool of players that are simply more content to play on the normal servers.

Blunc

Oct 4, 2007
in the past 2 weeks I've been seeing 1 or 2 players (supposedly on my team) sitting in the main base spawn putting a tank on the chopper respawn and damaging/blowing up the other spawning resources, even if I'm in the AA gun they will blow it up.

what is the purpose of this other than to aid the opposing side by denying team resources?

looper

Golden Member
Oct 22, 1999
Blunc...
They are either a couple of ten year-olds, or a pair of idiot-losers....

Blunc

Oct 4, 2007
they seem more persistent than ten year olds or idiot-losers since they spend the whole round killing resources

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
Some autobalancers are really retarded. I just got switched to the other team because I was the last person to join the server, nevermind the fact that I'm the top scorer on my team.

beginner99

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2009
Some autobalancers are really retarded. I just got switched to the other team because I was the last person to join the server, nevermind the fact that I'm the top scorer on my team.

lol. Yesterday I died as a Russian and got revived as an American. That was extremely confusing at first. Some Russians then said they still see me wearing a Russian uniform but killing them :D

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
And does anybody else think the game shouldn't end right away if the last MCOM is armed when the attacking team's tickets run out? It should either wait until both MCOMs are disarmed, or when all attacking players are killed.

UpstartXT

Apr 3, 2008
@coldmeat: Yes! Especially in Squad Rush. We recently were playing in TWL and the round ended with maybe 1 second to go until the bomb blew up because we ran out of tickets.

And the autobalancer works according to how the server admin sets it. He can set it for player with lowest score, or he can set it for last joined.

You would switch the last person to join because by definition, he has been on his current team for the shortest time, so he would be the least feeling like he had to betray his own team or something.

Switching the player with the lowest score would be switching the player who had done the least for his team, so it would matter least to move him. I think the second makes more sense also coldmeat, but whatever.

Homer Simpson

Oct 10, 1999
And does anybody else think the game shouldn't end right away if the last MCOM is armed when the attacking team's tickets run out? It should either wait until both MCOMs are disarmed, or when all attacking players are killed.
hell yeah! this has happened so many times. of course, ive also been on the other side and breathed a sigh of relief when it happens. lol

minmaster

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2006
started playing BC2 again...

how did they not fix the missing red dot on the MG36 in HC yet?
haven't people been complaining about this forever?

minmaster

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2006
R9 fixed it but R10 broke it again... and it has just been not fixed since... morons...

Status
Not open for further replies.