The AT Battlefield 4 F.A.Q., News, and Discussion thread

Page 348 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UaVaj

Golden Member
Nov 16, 2012
done absolutely nothing on my end. zero - zilch.

this recent episode started with device hung error, then hard freeze error, then tab out error, and back stable.

still stable as of today. it is now running round after round without any of the errors. will see how long this stability last.

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
Compass would be good. Or, something so simple I can't believe it's not implemented. How about grid lines on the map? A-Z across the top, 1-20 vertically. Then you can concretely call out enemies via grid reference, like "hotel 6."

Back in the old ghost recon days we installed grid overlays so we could do this. Can't believe these games haven't implemented it from the start. Very annoying trying to describe where enemies are as is, for a "teamwork" focused game.

As time goes on I think DICE is more like 'teamwork is OP' must make lone wolfing more powerful. They sure seem to go out of their way to nerf the importance of the squad.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
Compass would be good. Or, something so simple I can't believe it's not implemented. How about grid lines on the map? A-Z across the top, 1-20 vertically. Then you can concretely call out enemies via grid reference, like "hotel 6."

Back in the old ghost recon days we installed grid overlays so we could do this. Can't believe these games haven't implemented it from the start. Very annoying trying to describe where enemies are as is, for a "teamwork" focused game.

That would kill a lot of the comedy I enjoy when people actually communicate in squads..... "bad guys over there"..."over where?"....."by those rocks"...looks around at map covered with rocks............then realizes the squad mate talking is all alone on the other side map......... LOL

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
knock on wood. bf4 has been stable for the last two days. what gives?

God the irony,what has been a rock solid Evga GTX660 SC which has a factory overclock of 1046Mhz vs 980 stock decided to throw a fit in a few games today.BF4 nearly hardlocked my system a few times with its crashes.Before the crashes the gpu usage would act oddly enough with random dips then came in the crashes.Other games just started exhibiting odd fps dips.

Not exactly a first,i had a Asus gtx560 with a factory overclock that threw a few fits during the BC2 days.Always going back to oem specifications fixed those fits.

Had a 770 before this with oem specifications that had zero crashes going back to BF4 beta,its always with the factory overclocked cards.It's not exactly like the oc did much i am sure on the 660,its a pitiful card to overclock so i have heard.:( I was at 1280x800 and really didn't need a 770 so i traded it for a 660+ cash.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Part of me wants VR, but I don't think I could ever be happy with something strapped to my face. I still think that will be the downfall of all this VR hype. People will simply stop using it because its a suffocating, constrictive hunk of junk strapped to your face. Pain in the ass.

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
BF4 to have VR support.

http://www.roadtovr.com/battlefield-4-cod-ghosts-coming-soon-vorpx-video-preview/

if this is LEGIT. might give up this triple monitor quad crossfire baggage.

Interesting, but bf4 breaks so many best practices for VR. More than likely this will just make you motion sick and put you at a disadvantage vs normal players. I mean it'll be cool, but arma III is much more the pace you need for VR. Plus it already can decouple head tracking from aim. People use track IR with it.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Seeing how this thread has lost popularity i am going to unsticky it.

Aigomorla.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Can a command line argument be used to launch the game with a non-default browser? If so can someone please help me use palemoon browser to launch the game. I can't use Firefox because it is the 64bit version.

Command line arguments can be used by right clicking the game in origin and selecting Game properties.

palemoon.exe is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Pale Moon