The Anti-War Crowd Shows Their True Colors, AGAIN.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Jimbo
The rest of you need to catch up a bit on your history.
And you have some proof that this was done by any individual, let alone any group, with anti-war agenda, you need to catch up on reality. Whatcha been smokin', Jimbo?
rolleye.gif

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Hayabusarider
As likely this was done by some ass that could not care about this war.

Now as an anti war person, what does this, precisely, have to do with me?

Who mentioned you?

Ahh I was looking at the title thread. Seemed rather inclusive. Kind of like if I say "pro war people want to commit genocide of a scale undreamed by Hitler" because I met someone who was actually hoping to see dead women and children, as none of "them" deserve to live. No I am not kidding.

Jimbo

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Harvey
And you have some proof that this was done by any individual, let alone any group, with anti-war agenda, you need to catch up on reality. Whatcha been smokin', Jimbo?
rolleye.gif

I find it truly amazing that every peace (fill in the blank), has bothered to show up here.

"The lady doth protest too much."

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: apoppin
Originally posted by: Hayabusarider
As likely this was done by some ass that could not care about this war.

Now as an anti war person, what does this, precisely, have to do with me?

Who mentioned you?
Who attempted the ridiculous correlation between sick prank calls and anti war protesters?

rolleye.gif

Hey "Fact God" if you read the dialog between red and I you would know that.
Why don't you re-read what Mr Dawn has posted . . .
Do you have a link verifying that this was a wide spread tactic used by the "Peace Crowd" during Viet Nam?
Of course you DON'T.
When you mentioned Hoffman he said:
Well I wouldn't have put it past Hoffman to do something like that . . .

If you need "support" like that (none from RD) you are even more lost that even I imagined. You are posting mostly crap only "backed up" by conjecture and emotional opinion and expect anyone to believe you? :p

rolleye.gif

I am done with this and am outta this nonsense thread.

Anyone who disagrees with you is automatically "anti-war" and "anti-Bush". You are just an ANTI-facts bigot. :p

rolleye.gif

Jimbo

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
Bye Bye! :)
Bye-bye Mr. Unsupported Bigoted Opinion Without ANY facts.

:p

rolleye.gif

I wonder if the paint fumes in those reflective signs you make are slowly destroying your mind. :)

I know, you are just pissed because I helped rip out your asshole in a few other threads.
If your feelings are still hurt, I'm sorry.

No really! I am!

Chadder007

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

Jimbo

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Chadder007
Originally posted by: Phokus
I can hear the apologist now.
"Oh no, that is just an isolated incident."
"..and so is that other one too."

Prankster Devastates Flagstaff Family With False News Of Death

Another One

Ok, no offense, but Jimbo, you're the biggest imbecile of the millenium. How the hell do you know those prank calls were from 'anti-war' people?

Phokus....I think you just owned yourself with that line....

Phokus is frequently self owning, that is when he is not being passed around and being complemented on his "pretty mouth".

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Bye Bye! :)
Bye-bye Mr. Unsupported Bigoted Opinion Without ANY facts.

:p

rolleye.gif

I wonder if the paint fumes in those reflective signs you make are slowly destroying your mind. :)

I know, you are just pissed because I helped rip out your asshole in a few other threads.
If your feelings are still hurt, I'm sorry.

No really! I am!
No problem with my feelings . . . but thanks for the sensitivity . . .

No paint fumes - this is a modern sign printing facility. :p BTW, you might be "proud" of me - The reflective US Flag Decal we make (it's so new it's not on the web site) is currently our most popular "sign". :)

:D

And again you are deluded, you thought you ripped on me but instead your arguments fell flat (as usual when emotion doesn't count).

THIS time even the "ProWar" crowd is trying to tell you your current assertion is stupid and hurts the rest of your credibility (what little you do have) . . . perhaps they are looking to "distance" themselves from you since you are an "embarrasment" to "your side".

Anyway, If I have hurt you feeling with my honest opinion, I apologize. And, since I can't see myself "contributing" to this thread any further (I have been very clear already) . . . I'm out of here (really). Aloha.

swifty3

Banned
Nov 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Phokus
I can hear the apologist now.
"Oh no, that is just an isolated incident."
"..and so is that other one too."

Prankster Devastates Flagstaff Family With False News Of Death

Another One

Ok, no offense, but Jimbo, you're the biggest imbecile of the millenium. How the hell do you know those prank calls were from 'anti-war' people?

Good god! No kidding! Don't jump to any conclusions or anything! Jimbo, u r a total fvckin stooge! Don't post that kind of crap here!

swifty3

Banned
Nov 24, 2001
Originally posted by: colonel
I cant't believe it you are Platinum member here , making fun of the soldier's mothers , you are an idiot:|

Regardless of what you want to white wash, do you think these calls came from the Pro-America crowd?

This was also done during the Vietnam war by the peace crowd. I guess history repeats its self

Really,? which peace crowd was that you blockhead! Don't post your fairy tale unsubstantiated crap here.

IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Originally posted by: Harvey
rolleye.gif

I find it truly amazing that every peace (fill in the blank), has bothered to show up here.

LOL!

Seriously, WTF is your point?

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

And I find it truly amazing that all you can do is blather, but you have yet to substantiate anything you've said with one fact or link to anything that connects this stupid act with any anti-war person, group or philosophy.

BTW, just to let you know how far off you are about me, I happen to support going after Saddam because I believe the Hitler analogy applies. Like Hitler, Saddam has already used WMD's against others, and we know Hitler could have, and should have, been stopped years earlier. However, I think the Bush crew was manifestly inept about how they got to this point. I fault them for NOT having been able to lead the international community to effective action against Saddam instead of having to go it alone, and I blame it on the arrogance they shown to the rest of the world in many other areas of international relations.

Jimbo -- Unless you've got some real cards to show, you're bluster is nothing more than a bluff with a bust hand.

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
Looks like Jimbo hit a nerve. ;)

You are either pro-America or pro-Saddam. The war is a given and you might as well protest the Sun. Roll that up in your platitudes and smoke it, hippy! :D

Jan 18, 2001
I bet your theory that the prankster are anti-war protestors is wrong. More likely its someone who knows the soldiers, and has a grudge against them. That kind of prank is meant to hurt people, not make a political statemnt.

Of course, you are still generalizing / stereotyping all anti-war protestors in a very negative way. There are undoubtably people who are protesting the war for the wrong reasons, but there are also people who support the war for the wrong reasons.

I don't think you need to be so aggressive or defensive. Its counterproductive to whatever it is you are trying to accomplish.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Crazyfool

You are either pro-America or pro-Saddam. The war is a given and you might as well protest the Sun. Roll that up in your platitudes and smoke it, hippy! :D

Again your handle seems extremely apt. Of course such simple minded logic probably doesn't tax your thought process much which leaves you enough mental energy to enjoy your other intellectual pursuits like contemplating your navel.

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

Again your handle seems extremely apt. Of course such simple minded logic probably doesn't tax your thought process much which leaves you enough mental energy to enjoy your other intellectual pursuits like contemplating your navel.

I'm guessing the hippy stuff was what made you respond. You are on the losing side of the war, you dirty Saddam-loving hippy.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

I'm guessing the hippy stuff was what made you respond. You are on the losing side of the war, you dirty Saddam-loving hippy.

No, your complete disregard for your own self respect it what prompted me to reply to your over whelming ignorance presented in your previous post.

BTW, I support our troops and our actions in Iraq. I don't support Self Loathing Neo Nenaderthals who take advantage of this situation to try and demonize those who might not agree with them as unpatriotic and pro Saddam. Of course I was just pointing that out for your benefit as I am sure that anybody with the slightest bit of common sense would recognize your rants as that of a muddle minded muckrakker who can't even begin to understand the aspect of Freedom of Speech and or the fact that someone who might not share your extremely narrow view isn't evil or a supporter of the enemy.

Jan 18, 2001
This forum is for intelligent discussions about the war in Iraq and related events in the Middle East. Passions are already high on all sides of these subjects so we ask all members to keep the following in mind:

1. Please keep your posts on topic for this forum.

2. Support your positions with facts and good links.

3. Please respect your fellow members. PERSONAL ATTACKS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

Rules subject to update as necessary.

We sincerely hope the very need for this forum is over as soon as possible.

AnandTech Moderator

Edited: 03/26/2003 at 6:09 PM by AnandTech Moderator

rolleye.gif

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: yamahaXS
This forum is for intelligent discussions about the war in Iraq and related events in the Middle East. Passions are already high on all sides of these subjects so we ask all members to keep the following in mind:

AnandTech Moderator

rolleye.gif
Since when is telling the obvious truth considered a personal attack?

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001

AnandTech Moderator

rolleye.gif

Yeah! Why does that guy keep calling me names?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

AnandTech Moderator

rolleye.gif

Yeah! Why does that guy keep calling me names?

Apt discriptions is not necessarily name calling.