The Amero arrives

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: techs
You guys are crazy. Here is the real new currency:

http://blip.tv/file/520347
I saw that yesterday, pretty good.

BTW, I'm still being paid in Ameros. Almost the entire city now accepts only Ameros and stopped accepting US dollars many months ago.

yours too?

the amero has been a great psychological boon around here. sure, gas may be $3.47 a gallon, but it's only @0.839. so, even if it costs the same, it looks cheaper. a coke is only @0.30!

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: lozina
The Hal Turner thing is clearly a joke. The guy has no credibility whatsoever.

But here is an interesting transcript from the Larry King show last night, where he interviewed former Mexican President, Vincente Fox. Near the end of the show, Larry read a e-mail submitted question which asked about plans to make one currency for Latin America:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRA...TS/0710/08/lkl.01.html

KING: E-mail from Mrs. Gonzalez in Elizabeth, New Jersey. "Mr. Fox, I would like to know how you feel about the possibility of having a Latin America united with one currency?"

FOX: Long term, very long term. What we propose together, President Bush and myself, it's ALCA, which is a trade union for all of the Americas. And everything was running fluently until Hugo Chavez came. He decided to isolate himself. He decided to combat the idea and destroy the idea...

KING: It's going to be like the euro dollar, you mean?

FOX: Well, that would be long, long term. I think the processes to go, first step into is trading agreement. And then further on, a new vision, like we are trying to do with NAFTA.

He confirms the question, but goes on to specify ALL of the Americas... honest mistake, or a little slip?

Your post is ignored and rightfully so for the "superior minded" individuals on this forum to hold fast to their beliefs. I brought this up almost exactly one year ago.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon

But here is an interesting transcript from the Larry King show last night, where he interviewed former Mexican President, Vincente Fox. Near the end of the show, Larry read a e-mail submitted question which asked about plans to make one currency for Latin America:

KING: E-mail from Mrs. Gonzalez in Elizabeth, New Jersey. "Mr. Fox, I would like to know how you feel about the possibility of having a Latin America united with one currency?"

FOX: Long term, very long term. What we propose together, President Bush and myself, it's ALCA, which is a trade union for all of the Americas. And everything was running fluently until Hugo Chavez came. He decided to isolate himself. He decided to combat the idea and destroy the idea...

FOX: Well, that would be long, long term. I think the processes to go, first step into is trading agreement. And then further on, a new vision, like we are trying to do with NAFTA.

He confirms the question, but goes on to specify ALL of the Americas... honest mistake, or a little slip?

Your post is ignored and rightfully so for the "superior minded" individuals on this forum to hold fast to their beliefs. I brought this up almost exactly one year ago.

Actually a year later it still looks like a wacky, tin foil hat post.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon

Actually a year later it still looks like a wacky, tin foil hat post.

How is what Fox and Bush discussed "tin foil hat"? Explain that. Explain why Fox clearly stated that Hugo Chavez thwarted their agenda if it were not so. Go ahead, I'll be waiting for your deflecting reply.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
The way things are going we may want to join the dollar to the peso.
At least then the dollar will be worth something.

Yes, you may be onto something there.

But, I have a better idea. Why don't we re-join the U.K. and make the Pound Sterling our currency? I could then go live in England, and my money would actually be worth something. :)

-Robert