The Amero arrives

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Are they planning to sneak these coins into everyones pockets when they aren't looking??

Give me a break.

Nothing can or will happen without congress giving the OK.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Congress has to give the OK, the Canadians have to as well. We want to be saddled with a common currency with Mexico?
I think these "coins" were minted at Area 51 from a grazzy knoll where they hide the evidence that we never went to the moon.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
This is a great idea. Imagine how much easier it will be to escape from organ harvesters from michoacan now.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
The Hal Turner thing is clearly a joke. The guy has no credibility whatsoever.

But here is an interesting transcript from the Larry King show last night, where he interviewed former Mexican President, Vincente Fox. Near the end of the show, Larry read a e-mail submitted question which asked about plans to make one currency for Latin America:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRA...TS/0710/08/lkl.01.html

KING: E-mail from Mrs. Gonzalez in Elizabeth, New Jersey. "Mr. Fox, I would like to know how you feel about the possibility of having a Latin America united with one currency?"

FOX: Long term, very long term. What we propose together, President Bush and myself, it's ALCA, which is a trade union for all of the Americas. And everything was running fluently until Hugo Chavez came. He decided to isolate himself. He decided to combat the idea and destroy the idea...

KING: It's going to be like the euro dollar, you mean?

FOX: Well, that would be long, long term. I think the processes to go, first step into is trading agreement. And then further on, a new vision, like we are trying to do with NAFTA.

He confirms the question, but goes on to specify ALL of the Americas... honest mistake, or a little slip?

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
The way things are going we may want to join the dollar to the peso.
At least then the dollar will be worth something.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
The fact that it's Americans of all of the three nations involved that are worried about this sort of thing is hilarious. I daresay that we Canadians or the Mexicans have a lot more to lose in terms of self-determination than you folks. I guess you guys just have a larger quantity of literate imbeciles who like to make themselves heard.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Sorry guys this isn't a joke. My employer is already paying us in Ameros and has been for a few weeks. More stores around here are taking them, too. One of the bridges to Canada at the border with Buffalo NY is already ONLY taking Ameros to cover the toll.

I daresay that we Canadians or the Mexicans have a lot more to lose in terms of self-determination than you folks

Well, maybe Canadians, but Mexicans don't like their country anyway (and understandably), so I imagine many of them would easily trade their nation for an American one if they could. Heck many of them do now anyway.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Sorry guys this isn't a joke. My employer is already paying us in Ameros and has been for a few weeks. More stores around here are taking them, too. One of the bridges to Canada at the border with Buffalo NY is already ONLY taking Ameros to cover the toll.

I daresay that we Canadians or the Mexicans have a lot more to lose in terms of self-determination than you folks

Well, maybe Canadians, but Mexicans don't like their country anyway (and understandably), so I imagine many of them would easily trade their nation for an American one if they could. Heck many of them do now anyway.

Careful with that sarcasm, some people might take you seriously.

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
The E Pluribus Unum, Liberty and In God We Trust have been removed from Quarters.

Edit:

It's not quarters, it;s the new $1 coins

They put them on the edge which of course wears off so essentially they are gone:

The Presidential $1 Coins
Actually, that has been changed. 2009 coins will put "in God we trust" on the obverse once again.

Other edge infusions will remain for now.

God with a capital "G".....I'll definitely have to start a movement to get that completely removed.

Dec 30, 2004
Originally posted by: redgtxdi
The E Pluribus Unum, Liberty and In God We Trust have been removed from Quarters.

Edit:

They put them on the edge which of course wears off so essentially they are gone:

Actually, that has been changed. 2009 coins will put "in God we trust" on the obverse once again.

God with a capital "G".....I'll definitely have to start a movement to get that completely removed.

who cares, I have better things to worry about in life than whats on my money, esp. when it's something as small as that. Anyone who doesn't needs to get out more.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: soccerballtux
Originally posted by: redgtxdi

Edit:

who cares, I have better things to worry about in life than whats on my money, esp. when it's something as small as that. Anyone who doesn't needs to get out more.

I know you can't wait till Palin is on our money in a bikini