The Aliens. Are we gonna talk about it?

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Early hominids and archaic humans lived in caves for millions of years.
Yet we still pretend Aliens are visiting some of us, sans any real evidence.
If we were told someone was a witch, we would surely burn the witch.
What is that, if not the behavior of neanderthals?

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Witches are real, and we don't burn them. Try again.

Some humans have no Neanderthal DNA. Most have a very small percentage of it. Making the odds and probability that they are the primate the behavior is most like extremely small. Other than that, spot on m8. :p

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017

Well we didn’t evolve from Neanderthals either. We coexisted with them and occasionally interbred.

We did, however, evolve from Homo Erectus.

Reactions: hal2kilo

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Not because we actually believe that person is a witch, but because some of us get off on that kind of thing.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Imma leave this here

ChBvxcL_d.webp

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I've heard of a conspiracy theory about how an alien visit/attack/scare will be seen by many. In reality it will be the US government faking the visit/attack/scare to increase the defense budget. If we are defending against aliens there would be unlimited funds going towards the defense industry. We are cleaning up in the middle east so we need a new "enemy".

I think this is entirely plausible. If it does happen, right now we would be in the "planting the seed" stage.

Edit: I know this sounds batshit crazy but with advanced tech a hoax could be pulled off. I have no idea if this tech is available but there have been many skunk works projects we didn't know about for years like the stealth fighter. Technology is also advancing faster than it ever has in the past.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
I've heard of a conspiracy theory about how an alien visit/attack/scare will be seen by many. In reality it will be the US government faking the visit/attack/scare to increase the defense budget. If we are defending against aliens there would be unlimited funds going towards the defense industry. We are cleaning up in the middle east so we need a new "enemy".

I think this is entirely plausible. If it does happen, right now we would be in the "planting the seed" stage.

Edit: I know this sounds batshit crazy but with advanced tech a hoax could be pulled off. I have no idea if this tech is available but there have been many skunk works projects we didn't know about for years like the stealth fighter. Technology is also advancing faster than it ever has in the past.
That's basically the plot of Watchmen. Only Ozzy uses the alien threat to bring humanity together. Not feed the military industrial complex of one country.

But yeah, it sounds more batshit crazy than actual E.T.s on our planet. ;)

Reactions: balloonshark
Mar 11, 2004

We are? I must've missed that when we tucked our tail between our legs after having jack shit to show for our decades of occupation in Iraq and Afghanistan and succeeded in doing nothing to increase stability in the region that is a powder keg looking to explode. We succeeded in almost causing a tipover that led to a humanitarian crisis in Europe. The fuckup in Iraq directly led to Syria, which indirectly led to Russia's 2nd invasion of Ukraine in the last 10 years (which has global ramifications). We basically turned a blind eye while one country's leader murdered an American citizen, and are turning a blind eye while our best "ally" in the region slow rolls into genocide.

If that's your reasoning you'd be muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better off making the case that this alien false flag is attempting to be a distraction from those situations. Its not a coincidence that many of the big pushers of this shit are the ones also enabling the wholesale bullshit machine that modern right wing politics are. Its not a coincidence either that right wing politics got hijacked by the decades old idiot cycle that is conspiracy thinking, and now the shit Ouroboros is eating its own tail out of stupidity. Its also not a coincidence that white supremacism/racism/anti-semitism is the foundation of both.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015

Lol, like the US needs to invent aliens to justify an increase in military spending.

Reactions: hal2kilo

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
With one of these and some lights you could freak a few people out...

I *want* one.