The 47% win. Romney was right all along

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
you've got to understand what the alternatives to welfare are...

more crime, civil unrest, less opportunity for children, homelessness

The number one demographic for direct welfare is children.

Another alternative is if we had the balls to sterilize people again. On a massive scale, and anyone caught committing a violent crime or burglary be immediately shot.

I'm not sure I REALLY support these measures, but they have a certain appeal.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Looks like many of those folks getting checks in the mail will continue to get paid.

Waiting for my upside down house to be paid off and waiting on my free money....I'm waiting!

For consideration: A small sample area, the District of Colombia was over 90% blue. I wonder if it's a coincidence that it's also one of the highest populations per capita on welfare....hmmmm. On the other end of the population scale California is the state WITH the highest welfare paid out....hmmm.

I thought this one had been beat to death. There are more people, or a higher percentage, getting a check from the Federal government in the states that voted for Mr Romney.

Last edited:

Angry Irishman

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2010
Look, another stupid fuck who believes that 47% of the people get welfare in this country. OP is just butthurt over last night. While I'll agree that welfare is a huge issue in the US, the 47% comment is completely baseless.

I'll say what I've been saying for years....keep shipping jobs out of this country....good paying jobs....and you'll end up with 47% of the people falling below the "FEDERAL TAXATION" line. Keep doing it after and you'll end up with more than 47% ACTUALLY on welfare as the foundation (middle class) crumbles letting the entire building (US) fall.

I don't really believe 47% of Americans are in this category....again satire at play. I do think there is a large enough population that it's problematic to this country and contributes exactly 0% to the good of this country...at least how it's implemented now.

Perhaps if there were real incentives to keep jobs in this country.....the government being overly involved in everyone's business isn't making this easy.

Also, regarding the butthurt statement...not really. I would have chosen Romney but it would have been the lesser of two evils for me. I actually can't vote as I work on Guam and pay taxes here which makes me unable to vote in federal elections. Guam is another example of a literal welfare state.

Last edited:

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
When it comes to DC, you have to remember there are two kinds of welfare: those that receive it from the government via a monthly check and those that receive it via a monthly paycheck. DC is chalk full of those Fed folks "earning" over six figures to do all their inefficient BS so-called work. No way the DC/NOVA folk want to vote that away for the good of the country.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
When it comes to DC, you have to remember there are two kinds of welfare: those that receive it from the government via a monthly check and those that receive it via a monthly paycheck. DC is chalk full of those Fed folks "earning" over six figures to do all their inefficient BS so-called work. No way the DC/NOVA folk want to vote that away for the good of the country.

Yup, virginia is filled with all kinds of people benefitting from government handouts, whether its straight up cash, or cushy federal jobs, or government contracts. And it covers the whole range, millionaire businessmen, loads of 40k people doing menial work, lawyers arguing between corporations at 500 dollars an hour, and illegals taking care of ginormous lawns cuz the rich folks are too cheap to hire Americans at minimum wage.

Feb 10, 2000
Another alternative is if we had the balls to sterilize people again. On a massive scale, and anyone caught committing a violent crime or burglary be immediately shot.

I'm not sure I REALLY support these measures, but they have a certain appeal.

What precedent are you alluding to through your use of the word "again," in reference to sterilization?

Sounds like you would be more comfortable living in, say, Iran, than the United States.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
And I see that you are ignorant and a liar. Do you or do you not work for the government (ie military) or do you benefit directly from the government? Yes, yes you do, therefore my tax dollars pay your salary the same way my tax dollars pay for welfare.

Yes, and the difference? One earns his money by doing a job, whereas the other does not.

With regards to welfare, it is a known fact that the majority of welfare recipients come from red states and therefore more likely to be republican.

Please post a link from a reputable source supporting this claim. Most red states have large urban areas which traditionally vote Democrat and those areas tend to have the majority of welfare recipients.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Looks like many of those folks getting checks in the mail will continue to get paid.

Waiting for my upside down house to be paid off and waiting on my free money....I'm waiting!

For consideration: A small sample area, the District of Colombia was over 90% blue. I wonder if it's a coincidence that it's also one of the highest populations per capita on welfare....hmmmm. On the other end of the population scale California is the state WITH the highest welfare paid out....hmmm.

Your ignorance is scary.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
So you're talking about direct aid?

I'm for workfare over welfare, but you've got to understand what the alternatives to welfare are...

more crime, civil unrest, less opportunity for children, homelessness

The number one demographic for direct welfare is children.

So do you support mandatory abortions for poor women?

We would drastically reduce welfare spending and child poverty. And increase opportunities for poor women.

Seems like a win/win for everyone.

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
What precedent are you alluding to through your use of the word "again," in reference to sterilization?

Sounds like you would be more comfortable living in, say, Iran, than the United States.

There were eugenics programs in some states before ww2.

Angry Irishman

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2010
Your ignorance is scary.

Your interpretation of my statements taken literally is scary as well. Demographically speaking if you think this election was won solely because of Obama's pitch and message....you're being ignorant.

Last edited:

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
If welfare buys a lot of votes, explain all of the seniors on medicare and SS voting red across the board?

CNN lists the 65+ vote as splitting 56/44% for Romney. That's a decent gap, but hardly "across the board" for Romney.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Well maybe now that Governor Romney's strategy of "well I have some super secret squirrel plan to rescue the economy, but you have to elect me first." didn't work (Romney sure was right about that strategy).... :rolleyes:

Perhaps Governor Romney will be gracious enough to let us know what his plan to create jobs in America instead of shipping them overseas was? maybe? oh well keep on holding your breath... losing consciousness then hitting your head on the ground might knock some sense into you if you were dumb enough to believe in his economic ideas about jobs.

Angry Irishman

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2010
Well maybe now that Governor Romney's strategy of "well I have some super secret squirrel plan to rescue the economy, but you have to elect me first." didn't work (Romney sure was right about that strategy).... :rolleyes:

Perhaps Governor Romney will be gracious enough to let us know what his plan to create jobs in America instead of shipping them overseas was? maybe? oh well keep on holding your breath... losing consciousness then hitting your head on the ground might knock some sense into you if you were dumb enough to believe in his economic ideas about jobs.

And you think Obama has or pitched a more concrete plan? Both are full of shit.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001

So things like SEC oversight over major corporations bothers you?

I'd agree that the Federal Gov't is inefficient, even grossly so, but Congress creates and funds all these programs. Maybe you'll want to take it up with them.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001

These types always amuse me - they'll mock those who fall for the lies of the first guy, but aren't able to admit that they fell for the lies of the second guy.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
The number of public pigs at the nations troughs keep demanding more and more largesse.

We're headed toward Greece minus about 50 years. Not that the GOP would've fixed anything, of course. Our nation is like Thelma and Louise headed toward that cliff, and all we're arguing about is how fast we drive off it.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008

:D :D :D
Guess the official P&L melt down has began....

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008

At least he proposed jobs bills that did include very targeted tax credits and cuts for businesses as motivation to hire.

Unfortunately the Teabaggin idiots in the House made sure it died in Congress. Fuck them. they and their ilk are the ones you should really be blaming for this economy.

Governor Romney didn't propose shit. And his economic plan if it resembled anything that Rep. Paul Ryan wanted was worth as much as your posts in this thread. Absolute shit.

Why don't you have a few more drinks? It might improve your mood. Additionally go listen to the songs the Dropkick Murphys choose to cover and then try to figure out if Mitt Romney was really on your side.

Unless you happen to have an income in the upper $300k range a year then I can see why you're so angry.

Last edited:

Angry Irishman

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2010
At least he proposed jobs bills that did include very targeted tax credits and cuts for businesses as motivation to hire.

Governor Romney didn't propose shit. And his economic plan if it resembled anything that Rep. Paul Ryan wanted was worth as much as your posts in this thread. Absolute shit.

Why don't you have a few more drinks? It might improve your mood. Additionally go listen to the Dropkick Murphy's and figure out if Mitt Romney was really on your side.

Unless you happen to have an income in the upper $300k range a year then I can see why you're so angry.

Well if you think Obama or Romney were or are going to be able to deliver on their campaign pitches....you should get off the sauce. Our standing Congress will see to four more years of that. You'll probably blame those stubborn Republicans but the fact remains both sides of the Hill are contributing to stagnation.

I am Irish and I do like Dropkick Murphy's music....good suggestion. If you think Obama is on your side...well, you know. I don't really care for either choice and I'm sure not going to let a party decide for me.

I don't make $300K a year but that's not the point. It's not an American idealism or the government's right to redistrubute money. That's not a role of the government as outlined in the Constitution.

What I do believe in is what our Constitution explains is the role of our federal government and we are way off the mark.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Agreed and well put....

I would add that government regulation and intruding also have contributed greatly to running work out of this country as well.

Well, let's see government deregulation directly led to a worldwide economic collapse in 2008 and oil filling the gulf. Brilliant!

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
We're headed toward Greece minus about 50 years. Not that the GOP would've fixed anything, of course. Our nation is like Thelma and Louise headed toward that cliff, and all we're arguing about is how fast we drive off it.

Exactly. That's why I laugh hard at people like the Democrat cheerleaders and also at their equivalents on the right in this forum -- neither party will fix the issues.