The 20 Worst Resteraunt Meals in America

venkman

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2007
Link

Look at some of the comparisons, it is amazing how much an establishment can cram into their food. It is real scary to think about the number of times I ate #7 when I worked right next door to a Chilli's. I had no illusions it was healthy, but the real truth shocked the hell out of me.

Repostpostpost. -AnandTech Moderator ShotgunSteven

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
It always amazes me to see how much fat and calories are in some of these sandwiches.

Have you ever looked at Panera's nutritional facts? Many of their sandwiches have 50+ grams of fat.

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Ya know what, just saw #7 as well.. I used to eat that ALL the freaking time :)

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Originally posted by: aphex
It always amazes me to see how much fat and calories are in some of these sandwiches.

Have you ever looked at Panera's nutritional facts? Many of their sandwiches have 50+ grams of fat.

*game show buzzer - wrong answer*

None of the sandwiches have that much fat.

A couple top out at 48g

Most are in the 20-30g range

http://www.panerabread.com/menu/cafe/sandwiches.php click on name for nutritional info

Edited because I saw the half sandwich menu.
<---oops

Special K

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
#13 reminds me of that "Mr. Giant Taco Salad Inventor" from Bud Light's Real Men of Genius.

"Some may ask - is your taco salad healthy? Of course it is. It's a salad, isn't it?"

;)

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
It doesnt help that most places try to stuff as much as possible down your throat.

Is anyone here old enough to remember when appetizers were just that?
They used to be small and cost between 1 and 3 bucks.
Then restaurants got wise. They realized people were coming in and only getting what they needed and nothing more.
Then appetizers got huge. If you pay close attention to the menu most appetizers nowadays cost about as much as an entree and have almost the same amount of food.

Desserts arent any better.
The whole point of dessert is to have a small amount of something sweet to help settle the food already in your stomach. For most folks thats usually a small scoop of icecream or a really small piece of pie or cake.
But again, the restaurants decided they werent making enough money, and these days desserts are big & expensive. And they provide WAY too much bulk for their intended purpose.

Yes, I know it would make sense to not eat it all, but then you feel guilty for wasting all that money and food, and you cant get the portions you want (unless they let you order from the kids menu).
Then you wonder why the hell you would go out to eat in the first place.
Then you realize its better to go grocery shopping and learn how to cook, because the food industry has absolutely no interest in your health.

imported_Baloo

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2006
I thought the double burger with cheese looked tasty. I haven't had a burger in years, I might have to slip out and buy one.

SampSon

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Let me guess, the #1 worst is some sort of loaded cheese fries with a side of repost?

Epic Fail

Diamond Member
May 10, 2005
This list is really stupid, randomly calling a 20 oz steak worst, there is no comparison of portion size.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Originally posted by: yamadakun
This list is really stupid, randomly calling a 20 oz steak worst, there is no comparison of portion size.

It isnt the fact that its 20 ounces. Its the way they make it.
They already pointed out in other items that its often better to get a steak and a side of greens.

Imaginer

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Originally posted by: yamadakun

And to think they wanted to suggest (to me as I am reading that snippet) a 9 oz? I know for sure I wouldn't be satisfied with that with the included sides.