The “Order of 10”

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kris194

Mar 16, 2016
I guess, they are. Nvidia took over New York, 1,5h ago :D Too bad that Nvidia will be livestreaming its special event while it will be 3 am, here in Poland...

Last edited:

KingstonU

Golden Member
Dec 26, 2006
This might be old news as I've only just now been able to see the puzzle, but did someone notice the alphabet code that is within each triangle segment and then can be used to decipher the symbols overlaying the triangles on the main prelude?

EDIT: It spells: "Find The Hidden Directory"

Ah then various briefcases with triangle pieces were sent to a few websites and they all had to work together to solve the name of the directory which reveals a countdown.

Last edited:

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
I guess the countdown's over. They now have some kind of scavenger hunt going on for tee shirts and tickets to tonight's presentation. I guess we won't be getting any official announcements until then.

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting a bit weary of this overhypery. It has reached a point of diminishing returns for me.

I mean, I was interested in seeing what was going to happen at 10AM this morning while I flip though some emails and drink some coffee, but I doubt I'll bother tuning in to this live stream on a Friday evening.

Granted, I was always planning on buying some sort of Pascal card at some point anyway so they won't lose my sale, but I'm more tired of this launch at this point than I am excited.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting a bit weary of this overhypery. It has reached a point of diminishing returns for me.

I mean, I was interested in seeing what was going to happen at 10AM this morning while I flip though some emails and drink some coffee, but I doubt I'll bother tuning in to this live stream on a Friday evening.
I agree, that is one oddball time to do a ... well, whatever it is that they are trying to show.
Usually, bad news comes on Fridays after the closing bell.

96Firebird

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2010
I'll probably watch, hopefully to see some performance and pricing to see if I should unload my 970 on eBay before the resale tanks. Hard to believe it is still catching $260+ after over 18 months...

The announcement for GM204 was pretty late on a Thursday night, if my memory serves me right. Probably get a few more views on a Friday night...

Last edited:

topmounter

Aug 3, 2010

Granted, I was always planning on buying some sort of Pascal card at some point anyway so they won't lose my sale, but I'm more tired of this launch at this point than I am excited.

Yep, scheduling this on a Friday evening makes absolutely no sense to me... unless they have some reason to make this announcement after the NASDAQ has closed for the weekend.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
Yep, scheduling this on a Friday evening makes absolutely no sense to me... unless they have some reason to make this announcement after the NASDAQ has closed for the weekend.

There was talk that AMD was going to formally announce Polaris during the Battlefield announcement. Obviously the idea would be to overshadow that.

nerp

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005

Their target audience is kids who don't get to game for hours on end until Friday night because no school till Monday.

You, and me, my friend, are old.