That Water On Mars? Part Of The Leftist Agenda

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
It's funny how P&N conservatives never watch or listen to Limbaugh. At least that is what they say every time he says something idiotic or offensive. Amazing how he can have such huge ratings for so long and this particular subset of conservatives hardly knows a thing about him.

For shits and giggles, I ran a P&N search under the key word "feminazi" - a term popularized by Limbaugh. The search yielded 152 hits. Some were libs quoting the term, often from conservative posts. Many were from conservative posters.

If you don't really watch or listen to Limbaugh, then you're repeating what you heard or read from people who do. His ideas are memes within the conservative political culture. If anyone can think of a single person more influential on the right in this country, I'd like to hear about it. Indeed, if there is any single person that influential to the left - let alone someone as divisive and frankly awful as Limbaugh, please tell us who it is.

What is happening is Rush says something, Fox picks it up and all of the right talk radio runs with it. Then you have the Facebook memes...it just snowballs.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
What exactly is wrong with him making a prediction about future behavior for entertainment purposes? How is that any worse than a sport show predicting the Superbowl winner before the season starts?

The Super Bowl will be played and someone will win it even if you pick the wrong team; it's a recurring event where predicting a winner is an exercise in chance. This is more akin to saying "because the Patriots won the Super Bowl, conservatives will use that in their efforts to repeal Roe v. Wade." Both the Limbaugh statement and this one are non-sequiturs and only someone with insane asylum level paranoia would try to create a causal link between the two.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The Super Bowl will be played and someone will win it even if you pick the wrong team; it's a recurring event where predicting a winner is an exercise in chance. This is more akin to saying "because the Patriots won the Super Bowl, conservatives will use that in their efforts to repeal Roe v. Wade." Both the Limbaugh statement and this one are non-sequiturs and only someone with insane asylum level paranoia would try to create a causal link between the two.

Well, yeh, but nobody actually made the statement about the Superbowl & abortion, certainly nobody with the influence of Limbaugh.

You can't counter Limbaugh's bullshit by conjuring up imaginary bullshit from his detractors.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Well, yeh, but nobody actually made the statement about the Superbowl & abortion, certainly nobody with the influence of Limbaugh.

You can't counter Limbaugh's bullshit by conjuring up imaginary bullshit from his detractors.

I'm not trying to counter it, I'm trying to point out how ridiculous it is.