Thanks for the support! The wedding is over, and I managed to play (guitar) in front of a crowd... ack!

Mucman

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Tommorrow afternoon I will be playing my classical guitar solo in front of 150 people! Ack! Ack! Ack! Ack!

It doesn't matter if you've heard me play or not... just give me some superficial support ;)

Here is my playlist thus far :

Rush - Rivendell
Rush - Broons Bane / The Trees
Incubus - Mexico
Incubus - Pardon Me
Rush - A Farewell to Kings
Nick Drake - Joey/Day is Done/Things Behind the Sun medley
Pink Floyd - Is There Anybody out There

Procession song : Pachabel's Canon in D

Ack! I think I need more songs! I am a riff based player so I never really learn full songs...

Ack! I am getting nervous :eek:

Sorry, there won't be a Rush quiz tonight!

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
knock em out big guy! AND DON'T COME BACK WITHOUT A WOMAN! Weddings are a great place to meet girls :D

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
You'll do fine. Remember to record it and post for us. As kami said, dont leave without a woman.

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: nourdmrolNMT1
PICS we want pics afterwards!

YES! You do have a digicam right? You can't call yourself a geek if you have no digicam!

Mucman

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
There's going to be women there! Ack! I'm going to freeze on the spot!

I have no digicam, but Sealy promised to take pics of me in the tux :(. I am a FreeBSD user not a linux user!

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
but Sealy promised to take pics of me in the tux . I am a FreeBSD user not a linux user!
haha.

well you better get a girl. i'm sure they'll be wow'd by your guitar playing in the first place, which will make you a popular character there. :)

ohtwell

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
You'll do fine! You are a very good guitar player!

<---- Would this face lie to you? :p

Trust me. :)

: ) Amanda

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
Pics? ;) Don't worry about it, you are gonna do great. And the ladies will love you, how could they not, you are a charmer. :D

Garet Jax

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2000
Originally posted by: minendo
You'll do fine. Remember to record it and post for us. As kami said, dont leave without a woman.

Why limit him to only one? Once he plays his guitar, the girls will be throwing themselves at him. I recommend playing multiple sets. That way, you have an excuse to leave the current woman so you can find the next one :D

Mucman

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
:eek::eek::eek:

Thank you ladies :), I don't know if I can trust that face though Amanda... That face is either high on something or just came back from the circus (and I don't trust clowns :p)

Me a charmer? Aww shucks! If you're with stupid, then I hope to be the dumbest guy in the world (how's that for charm ;))?

I can barely handle my cats, so multiple women is out of the question :)

Mucman

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I think I should add these songs to list :

Led Zeppelin - Babe I'm Going to Leave You
Ozzy Osbourne - Diary of a Madman

Those are weddings songs, right? :p

Mucman

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Ack! 6 hours to go! Ack! I am eating butterflys right now! Ahh!

What the heck am I doing on AT? I still have buy them a card! Ack!

ACK!

finalized setlist (I think)

Rush - Rivendell
Rush - A Farewell to Kings
Ozzy - Dee
Nick Drake - Things Behind the Sun
Mucman - The Long Walk Home first cut of it
Incubus - Mexico
Incubus - Pardon Me
Bach - Bourree in Em
Rush - Broon's Bane
Pink Floyd - Is there Anybody Out There

Procession - Pachabel's Canon in D

Mucman

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: kami
BTW do you sing the songs or are oyu just playing the guitar?

Haha! I don't sing :)... If I sang, I think people would pay me to stop though :). I like doing Geddy Lee impressions :p

Mucman

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
It's finally over with!

I spent the whole morning worrying about, but I did start feeling better when I was actually playing. I was still nervous as heck!

I began with Rivendell, but Dee sounded like a smacked ass... I was getting some feedback problems so I had to turn it down a bit. Many people said they couldn't hear it too well (good, then they can't hear me flub :)). The bride was 20 minutes late so I ended up doing some on the spot improve classical music :p. Since no one knew what I was playing, I don't think it made a difference. The start of Pachabel's Canon went horribly wrong :(. Half of my sheet music was covered up so I had to stop 6 bars into the song to move my music around so it was all visible. On the whole I would rate my performance a C. It was acceptable to anyone casually listening, but if you were totally listen you would have heard numerous errors, there were a couple songs I pulled of well (Rivendell and Broon's Bane) the rest ended up sounding amateurish. I am still glad I did it though. Now I know for sure that I won't be an entertainer :)

Some peoply commented that it sounded good, but I am not sure if they were just saying it or what... I guess if you weren't really paying attention it was decent background filler. I think I will stick to playing in my room :D

So now I have my first sister in law! It was cool to hear They Might be Giants, The Smiths, The Lightning Seeds, and other cool music being played at the reception, but it did go downhill once the dance music started.

I didn't leave home with any ladies... I had to drive my drunk dad home :p

Hopefully Sealy will be kind enough not to post any pics of me!

Good Night!

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Dude........... if you wanna get better ........... you better start booking some gigs like barmitzvas and teenage dance parties ;)

Good job :D

Remember what does not kill you makes you stronger.

Cheers,
Vic

Mucman

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Aquaman
Dude........... if you wanna get better ........... you better start booking some gigs like barmitzvas and teenage dance parties ;)

Cheers,
Vic

Haha! Yeah, a classical guitar will be a huge hit at a teenage dance party! So who wants to hear Classical Gas again kids? :p

kami, oh well... the dinner was good though :)

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Mucman

Cheers,
Vic

Haha! Yeah, a classical guitar will be a huge hit at a teenage dance party! So who wants to hear Classical Gas again kids? :p

Dude.... You can play classical gas?

*bow*

lol... I think I'll listen to it right now..

Hmm.. Have you ever heard the dance mix version? rofl...

Mucman

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Eli
Originally posted by: Mucman

Cheers,
Vic

Dude.... You can play classical gas?

*bow*

lol... I think I'll listen to it right now..

Hmm.. Have you ever heard the dance mix version? rofl...

Enjoy