Thank the heavens... NY Rangers are rebuilding!

CKDragon

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2001
Updated: 03.04.04

Traded thus far:
Kovalev (Montreal)
Nedved (Edmonton)
Markanen (Edmonton)
Leetch (Toronto)
Conditional Pick

Received thus far:
Jozef Balej, RW
Maxim Kondratiev, D
Jarkko Immonen, C
Stephan Valliquette, G
Dwight Helminen, C
1st-round pick, 2004
2nd-round pick, 2004
2nd-round pick, 2004
2nd-round pick, 2005

The fans have been screaming for a rebuild for the last 6 years and management has continued to ignore us but it seems like it might finally happen. :)

Oh yea...

FIRE SATHER!

CK

Dufman

Golden Member
Dec 29, 2002
the Pens will never rebuild
they are going to be out of the burg in a few years.
tis a sad day

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Man Kovalev's talent didn't shine much in NY... can't really see him as a Canadien either...

Just learned Sergei Gonchar has been dealt to Boston. Haha Toronto lost out. Caps got back a nice young D-man in Morrisonn (nice +/- for a rookie playing in few games) + 1st & 2nd round picks.

Doggiedog

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Knowing the Rangers, they will probably never play a prospect and trade him away for a declining veteran with a huge contract.

cliftonite

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2001
Originally posted by: CKDragon
link

Traded for prospect Balej and a 2004 2nd round draft pick.

The fans have been screaming for a rebuild for the last 6 years and management has continued to ignore us but it seems like it might finally happen. :)

Oh yea...

FIRE SATHER!

CK

I hope so.

Crappopotamus

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2002
i think that the rangers could be a pretty good team if they had a better goalie. i mean that lineup is star studded....

CKDragon

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2001
All right, Nedved and Jussi for prospect Helminen, career minor leaguer Valaquette and a 2nd round pick. I'm happy for the pick. Helminen is OK. I wish Jussi would have gotten more of a shot in NY.

Originally posted by: Crappopotamus
i think that the rangers could be a pretty good team if they had a better goalie. i mean that lineup is star studded....

On paper they're a friggin' All-Star team. In the actual games they give up more odd-man rushes than the rest of the NHL combined. Their team defense is pathetic because none of the players have worked together for more than a year and most of them are old fat cats. Actually, it's quite amazing (read: shame) to watch the team over the last 2 weeks and realize that Jaromir Jagr has been the hardest working player in blue.

Sorry for the rant, I have a lot of pent up rage that a youth movement hasn't taken place sooner.

Keep the draft picks coming. :D

CK

CKDragon

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2001
Updated to reflect the Leetch trade. I understand that it had to be done and the draft picks are huge. Now I have someone to root for in the playoffs. I'm just glad he didn't go to the Flyers.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Originally posted by: CKDragon
Updated to reflect the Leetch trade. I understand that it had to be done and the draft picks are huge. Now I have someone to root for in the playoffs. I'm just glad he didn't go to the Flyers.

I'm with you, CKDragon... Leetch is my favorite Ranger of all time, and I'll be rooting for him and his new team in the playoffs. Best of luck Brian!

SaturnX

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
Originally posted by: rh71
Man Kovalev's talent didn't shine much in NY... can't really see him as a Canadien either...

Just learned Sergei Gonchar has been dealt to Boston. Haha Toronto lost out. Caps got back a nice young D-man in Morrisonn (nice +/- for a rookie playing in few games) + 1st & 2nd round picks.

Not really, Toronto would've had to give up a too much in order to get Gonchar, I'd say we lucked out more than anythign picking up Leetch for Maxim, Immonen, and a couple draft picks.

--Mark

CKDragon

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2001
Does anyone here have an idea what would happen with the NHL Entry Draft if the 2004-05 season was lost because of the CBA? I don't know of any precedent for it, but if it happens that 2006 is a double-deep draft, I hope we can grab a few early picks for that year.

Still have Lindros, Messier, Malakov and Mironov to get rid of. Here's hoping Lindros makes it back for this weekend's games so he can showcase what little health he has left.