TFNN Forum...? Update: Not for me

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Yeah, looks like our German Script kiddie came back and dry humped the forum.

If the graphics are gone, then someone has had fun in the filesystem, not just the database. All counts for threads and posts are correct, but nothing is showing, so some tables may have been nuked, but not others.

Anyway, the host is backed up. No biggie. When Wally wakes up from his Ramen induced coma he'll put in the call.

I thought maybe when neckbeard tried to register, the gods may have nuked tfnn from orbit.

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
Well the database server is there and still running, it's probably just the instance used by SMF that has gone missing.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally Posted by irishScott
Woah someone's a little touchy. Truth hurts doesn't it?

You are not special, just oblivious.

Congrats on getting your own fan club just like me :D

So many jealous people so little time

Who would have ever thought that troll Dave would bond with troll Hal.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Yeah, looks like our German Script kiddie came back and dry humped the forum.

If the graphics are gone, then someone has had fun in the filesystem, not just the database. All counts for threads and posts are correct, but nothing is showing, so some tables may have been nuked, but not others.

Anyway, the host is backed up. No biggie. When Wally wakes up from his Ramen induced coma he'll put in the call.

is that why i can't log in or did they delete/lose all the users again?

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
dave.jpg

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
You can't login because of no DB, so we have to wait till Wally finishes his 3 day Pokemon marathon and realises it's been double fucked before we can see if there's been another mass deletion event. :awe:

SuperSix

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Reminded me to back up my board.

Pretty severe data loss - as said above - looks like some tables were simply deleted. Of course, running a VERY old version of the software doesn't help. :(

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Hah, good luck. We just had a long discussion last night about getting that cutforscience guy to join just because he did such a good job at pissing you off. Always good to have fresh meat though. When it's running again wally will probably let you in just to have somebody new.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Hah, good luck. We just had a long discussion last night about getting that cutforscience guy to join just because he did such a good job at pissing you off. Always good to have fresh meat though. When it's running again wally will probably let you in just to have somebody new.

What is wrong with TFNN right now? :confused:

HAL9000

Lifer
Oct 17, 2010

Yep, I read that. Which is what sparked my interest in joining, I doubt I'll be a regular member as I'm happy here, but I'll certainly swing by and say hello.

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
Originally Posted by dmcowen674
Congrats on getting your own fan club just like me :D

So many jealous people so little time

Yep, that's a fan club.

Look at my posts and you see the same thing.

How's that sales tax Dave? I'm still waiting to hear more about it.

Sealy

Platinum Member
Aug 4, 2002
Well....that was surprising. I went in to do my usual reading on how drunk HP was and how much he's over used a joke he thinks is funny to the point of it being reminiscent of an elementary school boy pulling on my pigtails, only to find it down. I thought HP had gone the extra step and tried to completely eradicate me :p

SuperSix

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Well....that was surprising. I went in to do my usual reading on how drunk HP was and how much he's over used a joke he thinks is funny to the point of it being reminiscent of an elementary school boy pulling on my pigtails, only to find it down. I thought HP had gone the extra step and tried to completely eradicate me :p

Don't flatter yourself, missy. :awe:

Dirigible

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2006

A number of us were deleted a while back. If you haven't been able to log in for a while, that's probably what happened. I lost my "huge dick" custom title in the process of being deleted/re-added. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.