TF2 halloween event starts today

Blitzvogel

Platinum Member
Oct 17, 2010
Sounds awesome! Was it last year or the year before they had the headless horseman or w/e? I love how much fun Valve has with TF2.

zokudu

Diamond Member
Nov 11, 2009
So how do I go about playing against Merasmus or the zombies?

Not out yet. Sometime tonight, just join a server running the map koth_lakeside_event.

Just as an aside for other people. You can still play manor event, Monoculus event, and harvest event. Dunno if the bosses work on them or not but I don't see why not.

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
Wow it is impossible to get a server full of people to coordinate long enough to kill merasmus. You just get a handful of people on each team who kill everyone else because they think it's funny.

Then I finally get onto the island and as I'm running up the stairs I get backstabbed...

Last edited:

spacelord

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2002
I pissed off a few people in my first few minutes until I figured that out.. lol.. they were not happy about my Pyro abilities while they were focused on killing the green dude.

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007
should probably get an AT server up for the achievement. is vivithemage's still up?

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
I'm trying to go back and do all the other Halloween events because I skipped them every other year, but I'm finding it near impossible and incredibly frustrating having to deal with the kiddies running around killing everyone instead of focusing on the boss/letting people move on to the loot island.

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007
it takes some time to get people working together. you have to set up a cease fire to avoid getting the adhd kids from killing people when the boss shows up. some people just cant switch mental gears fast enough. all talk helps.

you can also try to find a server with custom settings where no one can kill(bhudda mode).

otherwise need to find an empty server and only invite friends. im game if anyone wants to try.

zokudu

Diamond Member
Nov 11, 2009
Anyone looking for a Spy soul? I'm looking for a Scout Soul if possible.

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007
Has anybody managed to win the 666 level of MVM?

got 65% of the way thru with a pub team 2demo/scout/solly/pyro/sniper after many many restarts. fricken scout got the bomb in while most of us were killing a tank. pretty much broke our spirit.

dlock13

Platinum Member
Oct 24, 2006
I want to play the MvM 666 mode again. We got probably 1/4 way through before a tank just barreled in and dropped the bomb in like it was no big deal.

Anyone up for a match later?

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007
if you are going to attempt 666, my recommendation is that you do it on a non-matchmaking server. if you get disconnected, you can just rejoin. if you go thru matchmaking you wont be able to reconnect.

i generally play on xxl's dedicated mvm servers. only bad thing is they have voting disabled, so afks cant be kicked.

postmortemIA

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2006
Has anybody managed to win the 666 level of MVM?
got pretty close, 90% or so, which takes 1/2 of hour to get there. it was when demos were throwing 100% critical hit grenades. Then server started lagging like crazy, so it was slideshow for all players. Letdown, even if this was free. Seems that avg. server cannot track large number of players at the same time, even if 80% of them are boots.