• Saturday, August 13th

• Sunday, August 14th

• Other **Please specify in thread**

Results are only viewable after voting.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I think Vivi still has a server we can use Vivi: can you confirm and let us know the IP if that's the case? ^_^

I'll throw up a poll in a little bit with some options, but I'm thinking second week of August-ish.

Weekday evenings would start around 9:00 PM EST and the weekend days could start earlier I guess.

Thoughts? Ideas? Objections?

It's been too long! :colbert:

KT

Last edited:

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
I don't really like TF2 anymore, but i voted for weekend nights.

I'll try to remember, or send out a Steam group message that day to remind us.

Terzo

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2005
Didn't someone try and set something like this up a month ago? Did that happen or fizzle?

Either way, I'm game for a Thursday night session.

Terzo

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2005
By the way, is TF2 crashing for anyone else? I was playing tonight and it...sort of crashed, multiple times. What happened is I was in game, and it basically alt tabbed on me (switched to desktop, but the game was still running). I received no error messages, but I was unable to switch back to the game. Ended up having to control-alt-delete. It happened a few more times and I gave up on it.

This hasn't happened to me before, so I'm wondering if it has something to do with the mini update that was downloaded.

fatpat268

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2006
I'm definitely in if I remember.

I wanted to join in on a lot of BFBC2 AT games when I was playing, but I always forgot and ended up having something else planned.

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
By the way, is TF2 crashing for anyone else? I was playing tonight and it...sort of crashed, multiple times. What happened is I was in game, and it basically alt tabbed on me (switched to desktop, but the game was still running). I received no error messages, but I was unable to switch back to the game. Ended up having to control-alt-delete. It happened a few more times and I gave up on it.

This hasn't happened to me before, so I'm wondering if it has something to do with the mini update that was downloaded.
Source games are notoriously unfriendly with alt-tabbing. Try running it windowed with no borders so you can alt-tab..

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I voted Sunday because I will be out of town all next week and want to play. =( Maybe we'll get another if I miss this one.

zokudu

Diamond Member
Nov 11, 2009
Voted Friday because I raid Weds and Thurs nights and Saturday and Sunday are unreliable. I'll be on at ~10:30 if its Weds or Thurs though.

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
Does anybody play mid-day on the weekends? That's my only real free time.

fatpat268

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2006
Source games are notoriously unfriendly with alt-tabbing. Try running it windowed with no borders so you can alt-tab..

yep, in every source game, I set this in the launch options:

-sw -noborder -novid

Puts it into borderless window mode and skips the intro video, which is another source of constant crashing if I skip it manually.

Terzo

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2005

I wasn't trying to alt-tab, the game minimized on me (alt tab was poor word choice). I don't know why it did it, as I was in the middle of the game and didn't see any reason for it to occur.
Regardless, it hasn't happened since. I'm just assuming it was a patch issue.

yep, in every source game, I set this in the launch options:

-sw -noborder -novid

Puts it into borderless window mode and skips the intro video, which is another source of constant crashing if I skip it manually.

Where can you go to set these?

mcvickj

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2001
Voted. Wednesday might be a little tough but I any of the other days works for me.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
It's pretty close; will need to cut it off in a few days.

Come on everyone, it's F2P! For as little as $0 per day you can play TF2 with all of your AT buddies! :awe:

KT