TexasMan Kills Innocent Guy Sitting In Parked Car For No Apparent Reason.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Crime is going up in the state of Texas. Looks like the Trumpanzees will no longer be able to make the claim that blue states are responsible for crimes.
Last I looked it was already higher in red states than blue states.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Yeah its a crazy story. The guy was parked on the street in front of the shooters house and the shooter came out, confronted him and shot him through the drivers side window glass. Honestly I'm surprised they arrested the shooter at all being assbackwards Texas and all.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
10 days isn't that long to arrest someone, not when you want to investigate to uncover sufficient evidence before filing charges. This guy claimed self-defense at the scene. They had to investigate his claim.

Self-defense sounds like bullshit to me here, if I understand the situation correctly. That being the victim was unarmed and sitting in his car while the defendant had a firearm. I don't think any verbal threats could justify deadly force there, but then I'm not a Texas juror.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I'm guessing it's safe to assume that 'conservative' media is already politicizing this and rationalizing how it's self-defense to shoot an unarmed person through their car window for the 'crime' of getting lost and stopping to check Google maps?

himkhan

Jul 13, 2013
I wonder if the past will in any way be a learning lesson in letting all the facts come out before rushing to judgment. This IS Texas. See Florida.

"There have been a lot of break ins in our zip code officer"
"What was he doing between midnight and the time of the shooting"
"What was he trying to steal out of his truck"
"I thought I saw a gun and feared for my life"
"No duty to retreat"

Anyone else concerned that a jury of 12 objective Americans can ever be sat again in cases like this?

Last edited:

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
When you chase and shoot at someone, it's no longer self defense. Not to mention that he could've hurt or killed his neighbors by openly shoot into the dark.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Which case are you talking about? I didn't see either of those elements in this case.

How do you tell me you haven’t read much about this without saying it?

Contained within the article linked in post #11 above, there’s this section:

“Turner said he returned to his bedroom to get his handgun and ran outside to find the headlights of the vehicle turned on, according to the affidavit. Turner told police that the car rapidly backed out of his driveway, he chased after it, and "struck the front driver's side door window twice with his handgun" and fired the gun, striking the driver, the affidavit said.”

You were saying…?

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I'm not saying the guy handled the situation right...but if I find someone parked in my driveway next to my truck, (1) the cops are gonna be called, (2) me and him are gonna have problems. I probably wouldn't shoot him as he drove away...but...maybe?
I fucking hate thieves...and yes, my stuff is more valuable to me than some rando thief's life.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
When you are obsessed with Guns in certain ways, everything becomes a potential shooting incident. In a culture where Paranoia is a virtue, Guns will be used regularly.
Bingo!

Isn't it perfectly legal for anyone in Texas to kill someone for any reason at all? Or even no reason? That's what makes Texas Texas (notice that lone-star right in the middle of Texas? Uh, that's a bulls-eye, baby!) Open carry, shoot 'em up wild west, yessiree.

They don't have rape there anymore either. It's just non-consensual sex. BFD.

And who needs an executive branch of government when just anyone can charge you for a crime if you are even remotely involved and reap a $10,000 reward?

Last edited:

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
I'm not saying the guy handled the situation right...but if I find someone parked in my driveway next to my truck, (1) the cops are gonna be called, (2) me and him are gonna have problems. I probably wouldn't shoot him as he drove away...but...maybe?
I fucking hate thieves...and yes, my stuff is more valuable to me than some rando thief's life.

So, shoot before you know the person has done anything untoward? Yep, sounds reasonable to me.

Reactions: hal2kilo and BUTCH1

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006
Shooting someone as they drive away is murder. So you are saying you would "maybe" murder someone because it is possible (but unlikely) they are thieves.

Wow, man. New low.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Shooting someone as they drive away is murder. So you are saying you would "maybe" murder someone because it is possible (but unlikely) they are thieves.

Wow, man. New low.
Do SYG laws allow shooting someone as they are retreating?