Texas Republicans Back Statewide Dress Code for Women

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
And now this just in from Andy Borowitz.

Texas Republicans Back Statewide Dress Code for Women

"Governor Greg Abbott, a vehement supporter of the bill, said that the dress code would benefit women because “it will give them one less thing to think
about when they get up in the morning.”
“I believe in the sanctity of human life, and the best way to protect that life, in the case of a woman, is to free her from the stress of having to choose what
to wear,” Abbott said.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
You didn't see Andy Borowitz?

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Yes that's more than obvious
View attachment 49720

I saw this story a couple of hours ago. At first I missed that it was satire... o_O I had to re-read it because I couldn't believe even Tex-Ass could be that stupid...and then I saw it.<phew> Could you imagine the exodus of wimmen-folk out of the state if that was true? :eek:

Reactions: MtnMan

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I saw this story a couple of hours ago. At first I missed that it was satire... o_O I had to re-read it because I couldn't believe even Tex-Ass could be that stupid...and then I saw it.<phew> Could you imagine the exodus of wimmen-folk out of the state if that was true? :eek:
Been there, done that. First thought is, naw, that can't be real, then double-check the source to be either The Onion or New Yorker Satire. Sadly too many times it is neither, but from a legitimate outlet, and almost always about something in a red state.