Texas May Start Hoarding Gold…Secession Next?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Obama agrees to return Texas to Mexico

"President Obama today surprised many in his own party by agreeing to a demand by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel to return Texas to Mexico.

snip

Honestly, this would be the best possible outcome for Texas. It would remove any burden Texas would have in respect to the Dependent States of America. Texas could then promptly tell Mexico to F off and die, take the Texas Militia and lockdown the border, and simply go about life their own way. Given the ease of getting into the other border states, illegals would just increase the flow there even more, F'ing those states over more and more.

I'm not seeing the long term downside for TX here...

Chuck

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
good..once one secedes it will start a domino effect of others. Hawaii / Alaska / Nevada / Wyoming / so called fly over states. It needs to happen.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
If Texas ever succeeded I say we give them the rest of the south in the bargain. They can support those welfare queens instead of the rest of the country.

Since the rest of the country was smart enough to put an absurdly huge amount of its energy infrastructure in two of those southern states, Texas and Louisiana, I am pretty sure they will do just fine after putting a small tariff on all of your go go juice, heating oil, nat gas, etc..... Don't like it, fine then get it from somewhere else. Oh wait, you can't even begin to think about getting it from elsewhere now can you and even if you magically shit the infrastructure just to get it you still couldn't process it or damn near even move it without it going through one of those dirty southern welfare states.

Hell, Texas and Louisiana could get together and close the spigot for a week or so and yall non "welfare states" would be offering to get on their knees and perform obscene acts on them if they would turn it back on. Personally, I wish it would happen for just a couple of weeks and then everyone kisses and makes up just to show people like you how much the south is nothing but welfare states.

Don't worry about them though, even if they turn your spigot off they have the infrastructure to sell it to other countries and somehow I doubt they will have trouble finding buyers. Hell, Asia is begging for refined petroleum imports so all the crude they import to refine for the rest of the US can just as easily be exported to Asia while the non welfare states wait in 10 mile lines hoping to get a few gallons of go go juice.

Oooh, since they would be a sovereign nation all of that revenue Texas and La get fucked out of from offshore drilling would then be in their territorial waters. At least for Louisiana, that revenue alone would replace every dime the Feds send a few times over and thats before the tariffs.

Then there are the ports, the mouth of the Mississippi river (more tariffs!!), and the list goes on and on. But yeah, keep thinking it would be a good thing for the nation to just start getting rid of states because you consider the entirety of the value a state adds to the union is how much money they send versus receive to/from the Federal government. dumbass

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Texans talk about peaceful secession and some even put forth a petition at the President's petition site.

I wonder, how about a petition to violently expel Texas from the Union? It would also include deporting all Tea Party 'Tards and Christian Taliban to Texas (where they'd probably want to go of their own accord, anyway). Then we could expel Texas from the Union and be done with it.

You want to intentionally "violently expel" a US State instead of allowing them to peacefully secede? So basically you just want the state to kill a bunch of its own citizens or people that were citizens a very short time ago just for shits and giggles?

From the "Christian Taliban" comment I am going to make an assumption, and please correct me if I am wrong, that you lean rather heavily to the left politically? I thought your side was supposed to be the nonviolent one not the really really batshit crazy "lets kill a metric fuckload of Americans and fuck all of that Bill of Rights bullshit" side.

marincounty

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005
Honestly, this would be the best possible outcome for Texas. It would remove any burden Texas would have in respect to the Dependent States of America. Texas could then promptly tell Mexico to F off and die, take the Texas Militia and lockdown the border, and simply go about life their own way. Given the ease of getting into the other border states, illegals would just increase the flow there even more, F'ing those states over more and more.

I'm not seeing the long term downside for TX here...

Chuck

Take the Texas Militia and lockdown the border? Ha ha ha. Thousands of miles of border and you are locking it down? What a fantasy.
Without the flow of Mexicans I think the Texas economy would grind to a halt.

marincounty

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005
this should and needs to happen. It will initiate a cascade of states leaving the federal jack boot parasite. Texas / Wyoming / Hawaii / Alaska and many others would be better off returning to territory status.

Really? Most of those states are net consumers of federal dollars. Without the fed govt supporting them, Alaska and Hawaii would quickly go broke.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Take the Texas Militia and lockdown the border? Ha ha ha. Thousands of miles of border and you are locking it down? What a fantasy.
Without the flow of Mexicans I think the Texas economy would grind to a halt.

You don't need to lock down the whole border with people oh intelligent one. You need to patrol the whole border, have people in locations you need people in, and when you see people cross and cannot turn them back, you eliminate them.

Word will soon spread that when you cross the border illegally, you die.

The best part is this: You setup locations where the nation of Texas will take a transportation fee, and legally take you to the edge of the Texas national border and drop you off so you can illegally invade the DSA.

What a great deal huh? :thumbsup::D

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Really? Most of those states are net consumers of federal dollars. Without the fed govt supporting them, Alaska and Hawaii would quickly go broke.

then you should be dancing in the street and looking forward to the inevitable.

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
Imagine if Texas joined mexico :awe:

Mexico has captured Texas through cultural border expansion!

No wait shit thats Civilization 5.

Oct 30, 2004
You want to intentionally "violently expel" a US State instead of allowing them to peacefully secede? So basically you just want the state to kill a bunch of its own citizens or people that were citizens a very short time ago just for shits and giggles?

From the "Christian Taliban" comment I am going to make an assumption, and please correct me if I am wrong, that you lean rather heavily to the left politically? I thought your side was supposed to be the nonviolent one not the really really batshit crazy "lets kill a metric fuckload of Americans and fuck all of that Bill of Rights bullshit" side.

It was meant as a parody.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
Never thought much of Texas, but my sympathies to their mindset are growing in recent years.

Last edited:

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
If Texas or any other state wants to leave, let them go. Hopefully the Koch Brothers et al, Tea Partiers, the militias, the base of GOP, etc will want to join them.

I cherish the idea of living in a country that is not hobbled by those groups.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
If Texas or any other state wants to leave, let them go. Hopefully the Koch Brothers et al, Tea Partiers, the militias, the base of GOP, etc will want to join them.

I cherish the idea of living in a country that is not hobbled by those groups.

Read up a few posts..... Not only will you be even more "hobbled" by those groups you will quite literally be at their mercy. A combination of good location, natural resources and piss poor planning by the Federal government has put those backasswards no good stupid worthless southerners into a great position should you get your wish. Hell, I can't possibly think of a better situation to be in because its not like they will starve too if they don't sell to yall. Plenty of nations would be lining up to sign long term export/import agreements while yall would be ass out of options.

Its amusing how little yall understand about the "value" of a state, especially the states being discussed in this thread. The rest of the nation would quite literally be plunged into a depression so bad that you can't even comprehend it while they do better than they ever have. It would be a matter of days before yall started lining up at the border offering to suck off every last one of those dirty southerners if they would just rejoin the union or at least turn the pipelines back on.

I guess you could retake it by force but that would be rather ironic considering yours, and other, posts in this thread.

tl;dr A states value can not be measured solely on how much money it sends and receives to/from the Feds. Hell that is probably the most insignificant factor there is and that goes double or triple because yall always leave out all of the other Federal revenue that would be lost to that state but isn't factored into the numbers you use. Everyone that does think that a state can be valued by taxes paid versus federal dollars received is a pure idiot.

Apr 27, 2012
Texans talk about peaceful secession and some even put forth a petition at the President's petition site.

I wonder, how about a petition to violently expel Texas from the Union? It would also include deporting all Tea Party 'Tards and Christian Taliban to Texas (where they'd probably want to go of their own accord, anyway). Then we could expel Texas from the Union and be done with it.

It's so nice to see how tolerant the left is. Nothing but a bunch of complete idiots.

You are a coward, you can attack Christians on an online forum but you're too scared to say it to their faces or even attack radical Muslims. You are pathetic.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006

I don't know the numbers but I bet Alaska could quite easily hold its own. Hawaii otoh might be in trouble going purely off the top of my head but your numbers don't include royalties paid to the federal government for oil produced on federal land which would belong to Alaska should it become a sovereign nation. Heck, don't they have so much extra money the citizens get some sort of check from the oil revenue the state receives?

Hawaii OTOH has a serious energy problem the last time I checked. They have to import a fuckton of diesel (or some other liquid fuel) for electricity iirc. I can't think of any exports they have that might offset that but regardless, what did Hawaii do to yall? I'm guessing yall don't like Alaska because of Palin but Hawaii?

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
It's so nice to see how tolerant the left is. Nothing but a bunch of complete idiots.

You are a coward, you can attack Christians on an online forum but you're too scared to say it to their faces or even attack radical Muslims. You are pathetic.

How do you know he wouldn't? I sure as hell don't have a problem telling people that I think they believe in dumbass fairy tales that have been stolen and slightly rewritten from previous dumbass fairy tales.

What are yall going to do, beat us up? Its not like you can actually use logic to backup anything you say about it yet I can easily show that pretty much the only reason you believe in the god that you do is because of where you were born/your parents. Kinda hard to say its absolutely without a doubt fact if you would believe in something completely different had you been born elsewhere now isn't it?

If you don't believe me I live in New Orleans which is a great travel destination. Take you a vacation down here and I will be happy to prove it to you.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Read up a few posts..... Not only will you be even more "hobbled" by those groups you will quite literally be at their mercy. A combination of good location, natural resources and piss poor planning by the Federal government has put those backasswards no good stupid worthless southerners into a great position should you get your wish. Hell, I can't possibly think of a better situation to be in because its not like they will starve too if they don't sell to yall. Plenty of nations would be lining up to sign long term export/import agreements while yall would be ass out of options.

Its amusing how little yall understand about the "value" of a state, especially the states being discussed in this thread. The rest of the nation would quite literally be plunged into a depression so bad that you can't even comprehend it while they do better than they ever have. It would be a matter of days before yall started lining up at the border offering to suck off every last one of those dirty southerners if they would just rejoin the union or at least turn the pipelines back on.

I guess you could retake it by force but that would be rather ironic considering yours, and other, posts in this thread.

tl;dr A states value can not be measured solely on how much money it sends and receives to/from the Feds. Hell that is probably the most insignificant factor there is and that goes double or triple because yall always leave out all of the other Federal revenue that would be lost to that state but isn't factored into the numbers you use. Everyone that does think that a state can be valued by taxes paid versus federal dollars received is a pure idiot.

Texas is in extreme drought... as a separate country they'd have to secure food and water agreements right away.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999

Going by what I have read, some people think that the Federal government is the source of all evils. These people have done almost everything to starve the hated Federal government to the point of harming the country. To these people I say: Imagine how an independent Texas could be an Ayn Randian paradise! Imagine, the magic of not having public education and healthcare!! Ah, Texas could be like the ideal Somaila but with the right people!

I would donate $100 to make that happen.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Yes texans! You hate the government so give the honest banks your gold! That way when or if the dollar is worth nothing they can take your gold:p

Don't worry, they aren't leaving. We'd kill every man woman and child before that would happen.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Going by what I have read, some people think that the Federal government is the source of all evils. These people have done almost everything to starve the hated Federal government to the point of harming the country. To these people I say: Imagine how an independent Texas could be an Ayn Randian paradise! Imagine, the magic of not having public education and healthcare!! Ah, Texas could be like the ideal Somaila but with the right people!

I would donate $100 to make that happen.

You obviously missed the rest of my post in which I gave reason that Texas would be in a much better financial situation. If Louisiana and Texas formed their own country together the remaining states in the union would be quite literally at their beck and call.

You would be donating $100 to become Texas's bitch (oh the irony), perhaps your into that sort of thing but I have a feeling most of the others advocating this haven't thought it all the way through.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Texas is in extreme drought... as a separate country they'd have to secure food and water agreements right away.

All very easy to solve if you have money which they will have plenty of. Hell with the extra money they could build a pipeline from Louisiana through Texas to pump water. Louisiana has plenty of water and I'm quite sure they wouldn't mind one bit sharing with their neighbors.

Food is absurdly easy to import, be it from the north or from some other nation and they definitely have the port to facilitate all the necessary imports.

My point really isn't to argue how feasible it is because frankly its not going to happen, although it is kind of a fun exercise for me. My point is that the formula people are using in this thread to come up with the entire "value" of a state is flat out retarded.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
All very easy to solve if you have money which they will have plenty of. Hell with the extra money they could build a pipeline from Louisiana through Texas to pump water. Louisiana has plenty of water and I'm quite sure they wouldn't mind one bit sharing with their neighbors.

Food is absurdly easy to import, be it from the north or from some other nation and they definitely have the port to facilitate all the necessary imports.

My point really isn't to argue how feasible it is because frankly its not going to happen, although it is kind of a fun exercise for me. My point is that the formula people are using in this thread to come up with the entire "value" of a state is flat out retarded.

Would they? http://ecrosstexas.com/blog/2011/how-did-texas-finances-go-off-the-track

They'd also have a military force to pay for.

unokitty

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2012
Don't worry, they aren't leaving. We'd kill every man woman and child before that would happen.

If you knew your history better, you would realize that you Yankees tried that before and failed. Not even General Sherman was able to kill every woman and child.

Its also a fact that you Yankees stole Tejas from the Mexico. Its only fair to give it back. Why do you want to keep stolen land?

And oh, when you return Tejas, the Mexicans also want the money that you Yankees are looting from Texas back. After all, its a fact that what you call Texas is one of the few states that pays more in Federal Taxes than it receives back.

Do the right thing. Give Texas back.

Uno

give-take-small-final.png