Texas gets tough on illegals, unless you want a personal Mexican

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/03/01/texas.immigration.bill/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

"As proposed, House Bill 2012 would create tough state punishments for those who "intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly" hire an unauthorized immigrant. Violators could face up to two years in jail and a fine of up to $10,000.

But it is an exception included in the bill that is drawing attention. Those who hire unauthorized immigrants would be in violation of the law -- unless they are hiring a maid, a lawn caretaker or another houseworker."

This is already a front runner for the stupidest idea I'll see today. The idea that without the exemption, Texas jails would fill up just shows that they are not serious about illegal immigration.

I actually find it funny and will remember to laugh every time in the future I hear about Texas upset about illegals.
Dude shows up in my yard says "corta los yardo para diez dollorez" I say, go for it dude, that's like 40k sqr ft.

Do I ask "is you a Mexican" NO. that would be rude. There is a significant portion of the population here that are 2nd generation US citizens that simply don't speak the English.

It's LAZY AMERICAN's fault.
so true man; I tried cutting that yard.. I've got fing' crab grass; Got half way done and I was COVERED in mosquito welps... and i covered myself with deep-woods off just before hand.

Point is, Mexicans do things I don't want to: so my 145 IQ PhD seeking brain can accomplish tasks less offensive to my fat-ass than getting covered in mosquitoes.

Last edited:

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Or maybe you over value yourself and would rather underpay somebody to do your yard work because you think you are above it.
That has absolutely no relation to what I just posted and demonstrates your complete lack of understanding of even the most basic economic transaction. Pathetic.