Texas day care worker filmed throwing down children at naptime

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
Again, the point isn't really about TX. It's about the shitty smug-ass attitude that helped in no small part to get Trump elected.

Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Yea, the hateful rhetoric catering to a delusional voter base was the small part lol

I've only known a handful of Texas that were born and raised there.

1 was a pretty cool guy.

The others didn't care for me because I was a northerner, so whatever.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Anybody that feels this is acceptable. Videotape you slamming your baby down at the highest acceptable force. I'd like to compare.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Anybody that feels this is acceptable. Videotape you slamming your baby down at the highest acceptable force. I'd like to compare.

You are conflating "acceptable" with endangerment. Spanking is not acceptable to some people, but it's usually not endangerment.
Look at the safety standards for pre-schools playgrounds:
https://www.cpsc.gov/s3fs-public/325.pdf
Toddler — Ages 6-23 months • Climbing equipment under 32” high
If 32" playground fall, possibly on the head, is not considered endangerment, I don't see how a 1 foot
push body first into a sleeping mat can be.

Reactions: local

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
You are conflating "acceptable" with endangerment. Spanking is not acceptable to some people, but it's usually not endangerment.
Look at the safety standards for pre-schools playgrounds:
https://www.cpsc.gov/s3fs-public/325.pdf

If 32" playground fall, possibly on the head, is not considered endangerment, I don't see how a 1 foot
push body first into a sleeping mat can be.

I'm not even talking about the arrest and charges. Some people think this is acceptable. If that is the case, show me you dropping your baby from what you deem an acceptable height. Or combine it with height and starting velocity to, it's really up to you at this point, you're the parent and its your child.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
I'm not even talking about the arrest and charges. Some people think this is acceptable. If that is the case, show me you dropping your baby from what you deem an acceptable height. Or combine it with height and starting velocity to, it's really up to you at this point, you're the parent and its your child.
None of the babies even cried. Pretty much tells you all you need to know.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
None of the babies even cried. Pretty much tells you all you need to know.

"No, I will not personally slam my baby down with similar force or post video evidence of my acceptance of the use of such force, but I will continue to act as if this is okay in order to be a contrarian and edgy on the topic"

That's a paraphrase of your post.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Of course nobody is going to post videos of themselves "slamming" a baby on a mattress, now that people know there are idiot prosecutors charging it as felony. But most parents of toddlers know their kids crawl or walk around and bump into things harder on a daily basis. As long as sharp corners are padded it's no harm, no foul. A similarly hard fall onto a mattress or a gym pad is basically a non event, unless you are a total helicopter parent who is always "saving" your kid and instilling learned helplessness.