Test Driving A High End Car (one out of your range)

Pho King

Sep 9, 2004
Now I read a thread earlier this week asking about test driving a car without buying and this isn't the same thing.

So I recently recieved a flyer in the mail to test drive a new Maserati.

http://www.maseratiamerica.com/sw/

After the test drive I'll get a 100 gift card to Smith & Wollensky (btw, none are remotely close to me)

I have a hard enough time going to the dealership and test driving a BMW - those @$$hole salesguys think I'm just a punk kid. Now If I go to the dealership, what are the chances they'll blow me off? If I present the flyer, are they obligated to let me test drive a car even though they know it's out of my price range (I think these start at 80k)

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
If you think you got snubbed at the bimmer dealership, you aint seen nothin yet.

Colt45

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
probably won't let you unless you got a platinum visa or something like that. lol

dethman

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: Colt45
probably won't let you unless you got a platinum visa or something like that. lol

everyone and their grandmother has a platinum card nowadays.

Colt45

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
Originally posted by: dethman
Originally posted by: Colt45

everyone and their grandmother has a platinum card nowadays.

yeah yeah, whatever a good card is now.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Read the fine print. I'm sure your credentials will be verfied. If you lack either the means, or the credentials to buy such a car, once driven, be assured you will get a drive alright, a drive right back off of the lot you just pulled into.

EGGO

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
Send it to me, I have a Maseratti dealership near me. :D

I will say you're going to experience something worse than what the bimmers have done to you.

EngenZerO

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2001
depends how the dealers see you...

if you drive up in a nice car (something semi-expensive) they know you can affoard it...

if you pull up in a beater they will be more hesitant...

i could be totally wrong though, lol.

giantpinkbunnyhead

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2005
I've never driven a Maserati, but would really love to. I have, however, spent an hour behind the wheel of an Aston Martin Vanquish. My dad was thinking about buying it and the sales director gave me my very own test drive in an effort to pull my dad into the sale. That experience was one I'll never forget. During the demo, he showed me what it's like to run from roughly 20mph to 140 in the length of an uphill freeway on-ramp... about half hour later we traded seats and I got my coveted turn behind the wheel. I've never had so many motorists stare at me before... wondering if I was an actor, or a pro athlete perhaps. It felt surprisingly... good. During that brief spell, I felt like I actually succeeded at life. Good times.