Terror Babies - The latest right wing scare tactic

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
Another example that facts, evidence, and truth are not requirements when you are just trying to scare people.

Sad that this is one of the country's leaders, a U.S. Congressman.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
To borrow and slightly modify Jon Stewart's phrase...

I don't think Republican politicians are stupid, I think they think we're stupid, because if they didn't, they wouldn't talk to us this way.

Think about it. Somehow these people think that this argument is going to be convincing to conservatives. I'm not sure it's that true or not, but it doesn't say anything good about the Republican base.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
The people who voted for them? Both of them are/were elected Representatives. They aren't some random cranks, they've both served in Congress.

So all the people who voted for them are idiots now too. Just because these two came up with this terror baby craziness? I thought you were more logical and reasoned than that.

I see wiki has already been updated. LOL

Louis Buller Gohmert, Jr. (born August 18, 1953) is an American politician, conspiracy theorist,[1] and current Republican U.S. Representative from Texas's 1st congressional district.[2]

1 ^ Slater, Wayne (13 August), "East Texan Louie Gohmert lacks evidence of "terror babies" so he just yells at Anderson Cooper", Dallas Morning News Politics Blog, http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/08/east-texan-louie-gohmert-lacks.html, retrieved 13 August 2010

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
So all the people who voted for them are idiots now too. Just because these two came up with this terror baby craziness? I thought you were more logical and reasoned than that.

I see wiki has already been updated. LOL

I doubt the "terror baby" conspiracy theory is an isolated act of random bullshit...these two are clearly idiots. And while voting for an idiot doesn't make you an idiot, it certainly strongly indicates that MAYBE your political judgment sucks. And it doesn't speak well of the Republican party that these two were the best they could find in their respective districts.

I'm "logical and reasoned" enough to not paint all Republicans with the same brush (I know several who agree that these two make them ashamed to be Republicans), but you'll forgive me if I judge people by the politicians they actually support...I don't think that's too outlandish an idea.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Soon they'll be having Terror Babies at Ground Zero in the Al Qaida Shrine!!!!!!

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
What is that old saying of criminals, its easier than taking candy from babies.

Its therefore the only surefire method of how you tell babies from terrorist babies, terrorist. Terrorist babies forcible steal candy from adults.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Haha, that was pretty hilarious.

"Sir, you're just yelling."

I feel sorry for Cooper having to put up with that nutjob.