Terminator Paradoxes

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FeathersMcGraw

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Mavrick
The whole movie is about fact that the future is written, and it is impossible, by our action, to modify its course. I was a little sad that this aspect got a little forgotten in T3

You might want to watch T3 again.

Jul 12, 2001
Originally posted by: LordJezo
So then if they "pushed it back" why couldnt they just go on and keep pushing it back indefinatly so judgement day would then never happen, well, it would, but it would be pushed back for an inifnite amount of time as to it would never really effect anyone in the "present"

Stupid movie.

werent u the one who went to and enjoyed "From Justing to Kelly"?

GtPrOjEcTX

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: JohnCU
Taken from another forum...

Cyberdyne developed skynet, wich in turn caused a world nuclear war, thus killing off most of the enemie (humans). Cyberdyne acquired technology to develope cyberdyne, they did not invent it. The technology came from the first terminator in 1984, but that terminator came from the future, wich is skynet! What a friggen paradox.

That is true, it's confusing but if they hadn't of sent the Terminator back, then there would be no problems in the first place because then they wouldn't have had his chip to develop all the technology which led to Skynet.
I was thinking the exact same thing 2 days ago.

AmdInside

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2002
How about this?

If John wanted to stop or delay judgement day, he should kill his father so that he is never sent back in time. Then John is never born meaning no Terminator is sent back meaning no Skynet, or at least not for quite a long time.

Oh man...I think I am getting a headache. Oh well. T3 was a good movie. Different but good. Much better than the Matrix 2.

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
[SPOILERS!!!]

i'm assuming there's 2 types of timelines...one for the 1984 terminator and cyberdyne developing the terminators...

and the other one is where skynet is eventually created by the gov't ...... no matter what, the AI or terminator will be created..one way or the other....but either way, john conner survives.....just that judgement day will come either sooner (if in T2, the herions failed to put off judgement day).....or later (as explained in T3)

[/spoilers]

ahhh it's jsut a movie!! :p hehehe well, it was a fun trio of entertainment though no?....we had fun though eh?..thanks ahnuld and the producers of the terminator movies!

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
the future in T3 is the true future, government developed skynet. judgement day happened when it should have. T1 created the future that is in T2. but the future of T2 was destroyed by John Connor dispposing of the chip. so T3 is the true flow of events unaltered by cyberdine *cough, Intel*. cyberdine without the chip never developed skynet and the government developed it like it was supposed to. but i hear there was a termanator hand on the generals desk:confused:

Dec 28, 2001
A simpler question:

If the damn Skynet could send a terminator back in time, why don't they send in MORE THAN ONE terminator per timeline to do the job?

lowtech1

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Kaervak
Haven't seen T3 yet, so unless the date of judgement day has been changed, the timeline of events has been all screwed up. I really gotta go see T3, the timeline thing is bugging the hell out of me.
T3 is weak compare to T2.....not worth the time or money to see it at the theater. The conclusion was an anti climatic, and it feel as if it is a setting for the a sequel.