Terminator 2 is BACK!

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
http://www.slashfilm.com/terminator-2-3d-trailer/

Terminator 2: Judgment Day is a hallmark of sci-fi and action cinema, and very soon, we’ll have the chance to see the 1991 classic on the big screen in a way we’ve never seen it before: in face-melting 3D. A conversion has been in the works for years, and now it’s finally happened. Flip cock your shotguns, rev up your motorcycles, and meet me below to watch the Terminator 2 3D trailer.

Comes out in August.

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
I'm in. I wasn't old enough for my parents to risk social stigma by taking me to see it when it came out but I did get to see it when it was released on VHS. I could do without the 3D though.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
lol. a gloriously old 2D, 4k? print reconfigured for 3D...holy crap will this look like dog shit. Anyone remember that Clash of the Titans abortion from 2012 or so--where they processed for 3D, and that dude's hair was separated from his head by about 3 yards, throughout the film? lol--this will be so much worse.

The only good thing about this release is the new scene they added at the end, where Predator shows up and blows up both terminators before the lava pit scene happens.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
lol. a gloriously old 2D, 4k? print reconfigured for 3D...holy crap will this look like dog shit. Anyone remember that Clash of the Titans abortion from 2012 or so--where they processed for 3D, and that dude's hair was separated from his head by about 3 yards, throughout the film? lol--this will be so much worse.

The only good thing about this release is the new scene they added at the end, where Predator shows up and blows up both terminators before the lava pit scene happens.

Except this is James Cameron. This man is about the only one I'm willing to see 3D done by. I'd be very surprised if it's a cheap fast 8 week conversion.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
I remember telling my mom I wanted to go see Terminator 2: Judgement Day when I was 7 and she was like NO WAY JOSE!

It wasn't even that violent. :( Must have been the title.

Feneant2

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
I remember loving this movie when I was younger but now I watch it and that kid is so annoying I wish the terminator would just kill him and get it over with.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
The 3D Jurassic Park turned out very nicely and I own that on bluray and it looks great in my HT. It's actually one of the better 3D movies out there. T2 could get the same treatment probably, although I don't know if the scenery in the movie really warrants 3D compared to dinosaurs.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
I remember telling my mom I wanted to go see Terminator 2: Judgement Day when I was 7 and she was like NO WAY JOSE!

It wasn't even that violent. :( Must have been the title.

Heh I ended up watching it at a friends house because his parents let him rent it while mine still wouldn't let me see it

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
T2 is fantastic. It went nowhere. This is not needed. Could just do a straight up re-release and it would be a box office smash. I'd pay to see it in theaters as is.

deustroop

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2010

You got the wrong movie in mind. Terminators v Predators were something else.

Now that's too bad because T2 is just about the bestest film of all ( 'cept maybe "Debbie"). The scifi is brilliant, its more quotable than your gettysburg address (Ill be back. hasta la vista, no problemo,) and yeah its like a stones concert, we all seen 'em many times and we go back and see 'em again.

Many are called but few are chosen. This is one of 'em.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
You got the wrong movie in mind. Terminators v Predators were something else.

Now that's too bad because T2 is just about the bestest film of all ( 'cept maybe "Debbie"). The scifi is brilliant, its more quotable than your gettysburg address (Ill be back. hasta la vista, no problemo,) and yeah its like a stones concert, we all seen 'em many times and we go back and see 'em again.

Many are called but few are chosen. This is one of 'em.

Oh no, I got the right movie. Predator shows up and destroys both Terminators in this one. It's an all new scene, and the original vision of Cameron and the way he always wanted it--now that he has the money and time to realize his original vision.

I never saw those crappy spin-off movies.

deustroop

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2010
Oh no, I got the right movie. Predator shows up and destroys both Terminators in this one. It's an all new scene, and the original vision of Cameron and the way he always wanted it--now that he has the money and time to realize his original vision.

I think someone's played a joke on you ? Is this a Cracked fact ?
Do you have a link ?

deustroop

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2010
That IS a hilarious plot, maybe for a comic.
The original Pred, a mere mortal, takes on the T800 and shape-shifting T1000 and wins ? And since Arnold is the star, how is that even plot worthy never mind credible ?
Know no.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
The original Pred, a mere mortal, takes on the T800 and shape-shifting T1000 and wins ? And since Arnold is the star, how is that even plot worthy never mind credible ?
Know no.
Er, are you aware that the Predator was the alien?

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
This is a bad idea. If he goes through with this Sly will insist on making a Rocky 5.

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009

Isn't that thread locked?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Know no.

the predator, a mere mortal? Ha! surely you jest. Terminator is a stupid, mindless robot. easily spotted by dogs. Predator is the galaxy's greatest hunter, with Aliens and Terminators merely serving as trophies!

Predator STOMPS Terminator. Everyone knows this.

88keys

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2012
Definitely going to see this. The last terminator movie sucked so bad. I only watched per my obligation as an avid fan of the series. But honestly; Terminator Genysys was one of the worst movies that I've ever seen next to the Ghostbusters remake, and that stupid ass sci fi movie that John Travolta and Forsest Whitaker starred in....