Tens of thousands more layoffs are announced

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: boomerang
Originally posted by: Craig234
Originally posted by: Budmantom
Obama is looking to spend & tax our way out of this recession :confused:

The symbol of the Republican party really needs to be the parrot, replacing the elephant.

You guys think that parroting well-tested attack phrases like "tax and spend" is an argument for anything.

No, all it is is an indication fo the degree to which you are ideologically conditioned and brainwashed.
Funny how a person can never see it in themself, eh? If you catch my drift.

I catch your drift - that you're clueless. You can't back up your attack, but you can make an idiotic attack.

The phrase "tax & spend" by the right is a cult-like mantra to say about the left, a phrase to keep them from actually being rational and just hating 'the enemy'.

It creeps into language so easily, parroted, as it did in his post.

You don't see that in my posts, and you can't find the evidence otherwise.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
*whew* The stench of sour rotten grapes in this thread is only surpassed by the mindless archaic dogma that made those grapes sour to begin with.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: vi edit
I live in Peoria. The Cat layoffs rattled some sphincters in the area.
A few days ago somebody, maybe Cramer, said we know we've hit bottom when caterpillar starts taking more orders. Ooops.

Considering the stimulus plan includes construction, obviously it's either too slow or people lack faith in it. Caterpillar and home depot would not be cutting labor so harshly if they trusted construction money was coming at them soon.

cliftonite

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Anubis
We just announced today we are cutting ~13%, about 2000 salaried jobs and ~2000 hourly people

Is that Corning? I think they annouced a 13% cut today. Hope you arent affected.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: cliftonite
Originally posted by: Anubis
We just announced today we are cutting ~13%, about 2000 salaried jobs and ~2000 hourly people

Is that Corning? I think they annouced a 13% cut today. Hope you arent affected.

Yep

this one actually has me worried

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: vi edit
I live in Peoria. The Cat layoffs rattled some sphincters in the area.
A few days ago somebody, maybe Cramer, said we know we've hit bottom when caterpillar starts taking more orders. Ooops.

Considering the stimulus plan includes construction, obviously it's either too slow or people lack faith in it. Caterpillar and home depot would not be cutting labor so harshly if they trusted construction money was coming at them soon.

It can't be any worse then the other stimulus package I suppose. I mean, I appreciate the federal government paying off my snowblower loan and everything but I'm not really sure how that helped the economy.