Temperature Sensors, how do I attach them?

kevman

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
How do I attach them do I need special tape or something? I want to bascially monitor the Temperature of my Hard Drives. These are the kind with a secial mettal flt tab on the end. Thanks

Thanks

Kevin

Jackbike

Jan 13, 2002
I sent in a similar query, but it didn't "take" today, 1/25, and am going to try again. Some don't go back more than one screen, so look for jackbike query. Maybe I'll get an answer that may be of help to you.
Jack

Jackbike

Jan 13, 2002
Sorry, I should have added that heat conductive tape came with my Digital Doc 5, whose instructions say to use it. I don't know of an outside source for the stuff, but you could try the website and ask the manufacturer directly. If you do and you get a response, forward it to jackbike@nycap.rr.com. Thanks.
Jack

kevman

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Jackbike
Sorry, I should have added that heat conductive tape came with my Digital Doc 5, whose instructions say to use it. I don't know of an outside source for the stuff, but you could try the website and ask the manufacturer directly. If you do and you get a response, forward it to jackbike@nycap.rr.com. Thanks.
Jack

sure I'll try to find out. It seems that mine did not come with any "tape", is this tape something I can get from any hardware store easily?

Kevin

Jackbike

Jan 13, 2002
I honestly don't know. DDoc 5 people might have info if they have a site. Try search on Newegg.com.
I read somewhere on a forum that someone was using duct tape, but duct tape adhesive is about the worst one can use over time, I understand. Possibly any tape that puts the sensor in contact with the surface to test will do the job; maybe even packing tape. But, why would DD5 supply heat conductive tape unless it were preferable?