Tell the people a big enough lie, repeat it often.....

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
......and they will believe it. -Goebbels

WASHINGTON - A third of the American public believes U.S. forces have found weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, according to a recent poll. Twenty-two percent said Iraq actually used chemical or biological weapons.

But such weapons have not been found in Iraq and were not used.

Before the war, half of those polled in a survey said Iraqis were among the 19 hijackers on Sept. 11, 2001. But most of the Sept. 11 terrorists were Saudis; none was an Iraqi.

Why am I not surprised?
rolleye.gif

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
<<Polls show strong support for Bush and the war, although 40 percent in the May survey found U.S. officials were "misleading" in some of their justifications for war. A majority, 55 percent, said they were not misleading.>>

Wow, it might just be me, but 40% of the public believing we were misled is a pretty big PR problem. And, although 55% is a majority, it's not really a number I'd jump for joy over if I were our president.

Tal

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Gaard
<<Polls show strong support for Bush and the war, although 40 percent in the May survey found U.S. officials were "misleading" in some of their justifications for war. A majority, 55 percent, said they were not misleading.>>

Wow, it might just be me, but 40% of the public believing we were misled is a pretty big PR problem. And, although 55% is a majority, it's not really a number I'd jump for joy over if I were our president.
I'm pretty sure that never jump for joy is your motto.... especially when it's relatively good news for "the opposition". :)

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Yeah, it's mine. But if any of our prez's from the last few decades would jump for joy it'd be GW. :)

glugglug

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002

And, although 55% is a majority, it's not really a number I'd jump for joy over if I were our president.

Yeah, 55% of the country having an IQ below that of a turnip is pretty bad.

Tal

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2001
GlugGlug smart. not a backward hick like everyone else. GlugGlug edumacated. You vote Hillary in? Not sure that points out any brilliance on your part.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
Tell the people a big enough lie, repeat it often.....and they will believe it.
Interesting, so who has been telling the American people that Iraqis were among the 19 hijackers on Sept. 11?
Before the war, half of those polled in a survey said Iraqis were among the 19 hijackers on Sept. 11, 2001. But most of the Sept. 11 terrorists were Saudis; none was an Iraqi.
In fact, Americans don't poll any better on world events or facts over which there have been no conflicting reports.

Vadatajs

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Tal
GlugGlug smart. not a backward hick like everyone else. GlugGlug edumacated. You vote Hillary in? Not sure that points out any brilliance on your part.

You're from minnesota, you're one to talk. I seem to remember a certain Governor of yours that was even worse than hillary
rolleye.gif

Tal

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Vadatajs

You're from minnesota, you're one to talk. I seem to remember a certain Governor of yours that was even worse than hillary
rolleye.gif
Well you can bet your ass I didn't vote for him. People in my age group may have done so, but I take no blame there. Gotta admit, that Arnold in CA would be even better!

And you're from Michigan.... you guys................... make cars.... right? :)

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003

These percentage figures are misleading. Why you ask. Well... because it depends on what public means. If public is the population of citizens in the US then you have to see of those indicating yea, how many people in their family... kids and all... so if 40% represents 60% of the people living as citizens then the voice is louder.

Vadatajs

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2001

rolleye.gif
Well you can bet your ass I didn't vote for him. People in my age group may have done so, but I take no blame there. Gotta admit, that Arnold in CA would be even better!

And you're from Michigan.... you guys................... make cars.... right? :)

Nah, the canadians and mexicans make the cars for us (puts on suit) ;)

I only moved here 2 years ago, from NY. Hillary wouldn't be my first choice, but considering her opponent, she was the lesser of 2 evils. And I see that abomination of politics of yours is no more;)

All I can think about when I hear about Ah-nold possibly becoming govenor is that part in Demolition Man, where they said he was president. LoL.

Tal

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2001

I only moved here 2 years ago, from NY. Hillary wouldn't be my first choice, but considering her opponent, she was the lesser of 2 evils.

I still blame you then. If I'm running Slackware 9, what are some good reasons to switch to Gentoo. I've heard a lot about it recently.

Everytime I hear him on TV I start to crack up.... ;) I know he's a republican like myself, but still...

Vadatajs

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2001

I only moved here 2 years ago, from NY. Hillary wouldn't be my first choice, but considering her opponent, she was the lesser of 2 evils.

I still blame you then. If I'm running Slackware 9, what are some good reasons to switch to Gentoo. I've heard a lot about it recently.

Everytime I hear him on TV I start to crack up.... ;) I know he's a republican like myself, but still...

YGPM

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: tcsenter
Tell the people a big enough lie, repeat it often.....and they will believe it.
Interesting, so who has been telling the American people that Iraqis were among the 19 hijackers on Sept. 11?
In fact, Americans don't poll any better on world events or facts over which there have been no conflicting reports.

dont bring facts into this thread, this is not their place.....

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
"I did not have sex with that woman Monica Lawinski"...........tell us about the gooo on the dress bill..

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003

rolleye.gif

Quite possibly. He's been very involved in politics for a long time, and he's not uninformed like most celebrities. I think Arnold would at least be less shady than most politicians. If he ran as a write-in though, he'd be screwed... who can spell his name?!

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
We murdered thousands and thousands of people for a new neocon religious dream and Americans are supposed to know it? They were lied to. How are they supposed to poll differently than they were told?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
yup, Saddam never even had WMD, the UN knew all along too, massive conspiracy....
--------------------
Tell the people a big enough lie, repeat it often.....

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
there are already plenty of people convinced there were none, of course they can't explain why the UN still wanted to inspect "nothing".....

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Alistar7
there are already plenty of people convinced there were none, of course they can't explain why the UN still wanted to inspect "nothing".....
rolleye.gif

I swear you're becoming a parody of yourself.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Remember the UN thinks there were no WMD left, which is why they stopped inspections........

What is your other theory, maybe that will hold water?