tell me what are your favorite foods to eat and why? what are the best recipes? and what's the best meal you ever had?

Diandra016

Oct 1, 2002
I want to know peoples opinions on favorite foods to eat, cook, recipes, everything! throw it out here!:)

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
One of my favorite recipes that hasn't gotten old yet is a simple Teriyaki salmon...

4 salmon steaks (about 6 oz. each), skinned, or 1-1½ lbs fillet, skinned
1.25 cups soy sauce
1/3 cup sake (Japanese rice wine), mirin (sweet Japanese cooking wine), or sherry
6 Tbsp granulated sugar
3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
1 Tbsp minced or grated ginger root
1/3 cup vegetable oil
Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a small bowl and stir until the sugar dissolves.

To prepare the salmon: quickly rinse the salmon under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels.

Divide each steak into 2 pieces by cutting along either side of the central bone and then discarding the bone; alternatively, cut the fillet into 8 equal pieces.

Place the salmon in a shallow glass or ceramic container and pour 1 cup of the marinade over the fish.

Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, turning the fish occasionally.

Let come to room temperature before cooking.

Prepare grill.

Remove the salmon from the marinade, reserving the marinade.

Place the fish on an oiled grill rack.

Position the fish 5 to 6 inches from the heat source, turning once and brushing with the reserved marinade several times, until the flesh is just opaque, 3 to 5 minutes per side, depending on thickness.

Serve the salmon at once with reserved marinade as dipping sauce.

~~I found this recipe and it's basically exactly what I do..

Zorro

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Diandra016
I want to know peoples opinions on favorite foods to eat, cook, recipes, everything! throw it out here!:)

So you can talk down and abuse people.
No thanx ill pass on this one.

TwinkleToes77

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2002
Originally posted by: thawolfman
Will we be <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=38&threadid=905502">dickheads and jackoffs</a> if we don't?

;)

Anyways I always liked some Kraft Mac & Cheese :D

*nods* KD for MEEEEEE!

;)

SyahM

Golden Member
Nov 6, 2001
My favorite food will be Nasi Ayam, a malaysian dish very delicious and tasteful. Too bad i'm too lazy to type the recipe, next time llaw, PM me if any of you want the recipe.

gump47371

Dec 18, 2001
Turtle pie, my grandma makes it. (Well, actually, she and my mom are great cooks, and they bought a piece of it from a restaurant and dissected it and made a recipe from it).

Ah, it is great. Layer of chocolate on the bottom about 1/2 inch thick, then pecans in the middle, then carmel layer on top of that, topped off by whipped cream and ground pecans.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

*EDIT* Ah, and can't forget bulgogi and kalbi, Korean meat. My girlfriend is half Korean, and her mom cooks great Korean food. Add either of those meat entrees with some Kimchee and rice, mmmmmmm.