Tell me if this is good a laptop on ebay

Some1ne

Apr 21, 2005
The RAM is a bit low, I'd expect it to come with at least 512 MB at that starting bid (if not more). Also, the screen size seems small, but I'm not too sure regarding how laptop screen sizes work, so maybe it's fine.

Edit: Also, while the A64 3000+ is a very nice chip, it's really not designed for the laptop segement, so the battery life of that laptop will probably be pretty terrible.

thescreensavers

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2005
ok i sent an email to bumb it up to 512 he said ok

it has a 1 year warrenty so ya and its ultraportable

thescreensavers

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2005
its 4 pounds and a 12 inch screen wouldent you think that will be ultra portable. Also the person has a 100% feedback.

Edit: he has very good responce time as soon as i send a question he send an answer back seems good so far.

unfalliblekrutch

Golden Member
May 2, 2005
ultra portable means 10-12", generally.

to OP: it looks nice, maybe you can ask on notebookforums about this. Most laptops are made by the same few taiwan companies anyway, if you post a few pictures on notebookforums, chances are someone will be able to identify the ODM(original design manufacturer) for you.

Some1ne

Apr 21, 2005
its 4 pounds and a 12 inch screen wouldent you think that will be ultra portable.

Personally, I'd think a laptop is a laptop, and all laptops are at least reasonably portable, and beyond that point it doesn't really pay to distinguish, or to say "laptop x is 'ultra-portable' while laptop y is only regular-portable". They're both laptops, and one laptop is going to be essentially just as portable as any other.

unfalliblekrutch

Golden Member
May 2, 2005
Originally posted by: Some1ne
its 4 pounds and a 12 inch screen wouldent you think that will be ultra portable.

Personally, I'd think a laptop is a laptop, and all laptops are at least reasonably portable, and beyond that point it doesn't really pay to distinguish, or to say "laptop x is 'ultra-portable' while laptop y is only regular-portable". They're both laptops, and one laptop is going to be essentially just as portable as any other.

Conventionally, most people have categorized laptops into Ultraportable, thin and light, mainstream, and DTR.
Ultra portables would be 12" and less. Thin and lights are 12"-14". Mainstreams are 14"-15"(depending on weight), and DTRs are 15"+

thescreensavers

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2005
at dell I put to gether the same laptop and it was 1,326 and wiht a 1.7ghz cpu so the one on ebay is cheper and it has a amd 3000 and a 8 cell battery

zcwilkins

Dec 8, 2005
If you watch the coupon codes Dell has out all the time (especially with the holiday game thing) you can get decent deals on laptops.

The comp I'm on right now while I'm rebuilding my desktop I just got from Dell about a month ago for my fiance for Christmas.

1.6 GHZ Celeron M
512 MB RAM
80 GB HD
CDRW/DVD-ROM
Wireless adapter

Only thing that somewhat sucks is it runs integrated video, but I didn't get it to play games or anything.

Whole rig including a snap-on blue cover (mistake) cost me like $796 out the door with only the 1-year warranty.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
This guy hasn't sold a single laptop in 3 months on ebay, now all of a sudden he has 5. Three day return policy. No brand name. Half of the links on the so-called manufacturer's website don't work. Who exactly is the warranty with?

To answer your question, if I were to buy a laptop, I sure as hell wouldn't buy this one.

:laugh: Try and follow the links here.

Error 404: Buyer not found.

ekatsumata

Dec 5, 2005
Originally posted by: Some1ne

As someone who has traveled quite a bit with laptops of various sizes, I would definitey disagree with this statement. 12" laptops are far nicer to have when traveling light. 17" laptops are way too huge for airplane fold-down tables. The 14 and 15 inchers are great compromises, but when traveling with a small suitcase via public transport, the smaller and lighter 12" models make a huge difference. I'd like to invest in one of those 10.2" Sony VAIO notebooks, but can't seem to justify $2K for one.