Teenager gets visit from FBI for video supporting Ron Paul

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
http://www.wnd.com/2012/09/fbi-questions-16-year-old-over-ron-paul-video/?cat_orig=education
http://www.examiner.com/article/teenager-gets-visit-from-fbi-for-video-supporting-ron-paul

“The video touches on a number of issues,” writes Paul Joseph Watson, “including the National Defense Authorization Act, evidence suggesting the Republican caucus in Maine was fixed to disenfranchise Ron Paul, the hacktivist group Anonymous, military drills taking place in American cities, as well as eviscerations of the right to free speech.”

In response, Hallman was visited by a duo of FBI agents. The agents visited Hallman’s house, leaving their card after the teenager refused to answer them at the door. When his mother called the number listed on the card, she was told by the agents, “We need to talk to your son.”
so instead of actually chasing terrists and fighting crime, they're going out and scaring (or trying to scare) 16 year old kids? :rolleyes:

i miss the 80s....

Last edited:

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
So where is the rest of the story. What in the video beond a Ron Paul ego triggered the visit

And the kid has an ego
Hallman is now concerned for future employment opportunities, commenting, &#8220;My record (is) forever scarred with the truth that the FBI questioned me. When getting a job they will see that, when getting a passport they will see that, when going to college they will see that.&#8221;

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
So where is the rest of the story. What in the video beond a Ron Paul ego triggered the visit

And the kid has an ego

the rest of the story is in the link. read it for yourself.

what ego? kid has a valid point. do you even live in America?

Dec 10, 2005
I highly doubt he got a visit from the FBI because he made only made super-innocuous Ron Paul video

bononos

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2011
I remembered the story about someone getting an FBI visit after criticising the WOT. """Someone's reported to us that you've been talking about what happened on 9/11 and terrorism and oil and Afghanistan," Reingold said the agents told him. The FBI insists agents do not interview people because of their political views. But since 9/11, the agency says it needs to cast a wider net than ever in its search for information." http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-18563_162-509140.html http://rense.com/general24/terr.htm

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
WND. and Examiner are reputable on my book. the Forbes article above is reputable and should at least let you know that this is a possibility

Dec 10, 2005
WND. and Examiner are reputable on my book. the Forbes article above is reputable and should at least let you know that this is a possibility

You need your head checked if you think World Nut Daily is a reputable site for news.

And the linked Forbes article is missing some key details, such as what the Virginia man actually posted on his Facebook. Saying something wishy-washy about 'statements critical of the government' doesn't help the reader become informed on the story. He could have been critical and threatening to kill people in his post or he could have just said something completely innocuous. It's a pretty big gray area left in that article.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
WND. and Examiner are reputable on my book.

LOL Ok then, that says a lot :D

the Forbes article above is reputable and should at least let you know that this is a possibility

No, that 'article' is devoid of any facts or real evidence. That's not to say it didn't happen that way, but it provides one side of the story. There isn't enough information to come to any real conclusions. Besides that, it has nothing to do with this (supposed) incident.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Actually we have absolutely no proof as to what the FBI wanted to talk to this kid about -just the kid's conjectures. From his statements he seems to be living in a self-centered fantasy world.

actuarial

Platinum Member
Jan 22, 2009
This is pathetic and a gross violation of his Freedom. These agents must be fired

In the US there is Freedom to not be talked to by people?

Why would the agents be fired? Are you assuming that they are acting completely on their own free of direction from their supervisors?

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
In the US there is Freedom to not be talked to by people?

Why would the agents be fired? Are you assuming that they are acting completely on their own free of direction from their supervisors?

You should, like the rest of us, just recognize he's an idiot and move on. It's far easier than trying to converse with him.

I do find it amusing this guy seems to believe that being talked to by the FBI goes on your record. It doesn't. You have to be arrested or convicted for anything to end up on your permanent record.

MrColin

Platinum Member
May 21, 2003
I share a lot of concerns voiced by the kid's video, but I'd be happy to speak with FBI agents about those concerns. I wouldn't assume they had malevolent intentions (in spite of they fact that FBI were involved with numerous extrajudicial killings including MLK, COINTELPRO, and various labor organizers). Heck if they wanted me to be a paid informant inside OWS, or even the Nazi Party I'd love the opportunity to prevent violence.

That said, I bet it's a clever viral PR maneuver on the part of the kid or other like minded individuals to get more views.