Teen expelled for wearing a sweater with a rainbow on it in front of a rainbow cake at her 15th birthday.

Jan 25, 2011
Yes this is a christian school. The school is saying that she pushed the "moral code" previously. That being said the specific event they are expelling her for was off school property, off school time, and was her birthday party.

81128066_3020126271331981_6494539057530404864_o.jpg

“She was happy. She looked beautiful,” the teen’s mom, Kimberly Alford, told NBC affiliate WAVE of Louisville. “Of course, as a mom, I took her picture blowing out her candles, and I posted that on my Facebook page.”

Alford said that shortly after she posted the photo, she received a letter from the head of Whitefield Academy, where her daughter, Kayla, was a freshman.

“The WA Administration has been made aware of a recent picture, posted on social media, which demonstrates a posture of morality and cultural acceptance contrary to that of Whitefield Academy’s beliefs,” the letter, signed Jan. 6 by the head of the school, Bruce Jacobson, said. “We made it clear that any further promotion, celebration, or any other actions and attitudes that are counter to Whitefield’s philosophy would not be tolerated. As a result, we regret to inform you that Kayla is being dismissed from the school immediately.”

Alford said in an interview Tuesday that her daughter had been on probation since October for “some behavioral issues,” including cutting class and being caught with an e-cigarette. She said school administrators, “in a roundabout way,” told her that the probation wasn’t about her daughter’s “sexuality.” However, Alford did say some students were uncomfortable with her daughter’s “perceived sexuality.”

The discomfort, according to Alford, led a school counselor to give her daughter the book “Gay Girl, Good God,” whose author, Jackie Hill Perry, is a formerly identified lesbian who claims God stopped her from being gay. Alford said her daughter and the counselor had been meeting weekly to go over the book before Kayla was expelled.

Last edited:

ShookKnight

Dec 12, 2019
This is Right executing Though Policing.

You know, what they accuse the Left of doing... so, when they issue these accusations, it's projection.

Also, I bet this girl is going to receive a slew of death threats.. the Right is notorious for punishing victims. WTF is wrong with them?

Feb 4, 2009
I hate commenting on stuff like this because it always turns out to be more complicated than expected.
Appears to be a private school so it is their rules, shitty rule but regardless it is their rules.
Regarding the picture, looks like any young teen girls birthday. Really nothing odd to me.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
The problem with the religious right is that they are attempting to force the rest of the nation into living their lives the way the religious right does because it's their belief that they have the divine right to do so.

Their attempts at shutting down women's health clinics including murdering the doctors there and making attempts to pass laws that conform to their religious teachings in order to force the nation to live in a way that they feel comfortable with are perfect examples of their behavior.

It seems rather odd that they are able to follow their beliefs without interference from the Gov't yet they feel that the Gov't should restrict the rights of others because "they know what's good for everyone else".

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthKyrie
Jan 25, 2011
I hate commenting on stuff like this because it always turns out to be more complicated than expected.
Appears to be a private school so it is their rules, shitty rule but regardless it is their rules.
Regarding the picture, looks like any young teen girls birthday. Really nothing odd to me.
That's why I tried to be objective in what I put showing both sides of the story. It does look like she had other issues, but it also looks like they expelled her specifically for what happened off the schools property and time based on the letter they sent the parent.

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
The school is run by a pedophile, or whoever made the decision. Classic case of overcompensation. someone should look into it.

Nov 8, 2012
It's a religious school. You don't have to go there if you don't want to dummies.

There is absolutely no problem with this. Their rules are stupid, but you choose to attend the stupid school in the first place.

Reactions: Thunder 57

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
It's a religious school. You don't have to go there if you don't want to dummies.

There is absolutely no problem with this. Their rules are stupid, but you choose to attend the stupid school in the first place.

We all know that if some liberal private school (and yes they exist) expelled a student for being racist or bigoted, that you would be screaming and crying about 'liberal intolerance,' 'political correctness,' and 'SJWs trying to silence free speech.'

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I'd want to be expelled only to never return. They showed their bigotry and hatred hand. Not a church id want to be affiliated with.
The usual reason some churches fixate on homosexuality is to distract from their own sinful ways.

And yep, it looks like this school is affiliated with a Prosperity Christianity mega-church, aka Mammon worship.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2012
We all know that if some liberal private school (and yes they exist) expelled a student for being racist or bigoted, that you would be screaming and crying about 'liberal intolerance,' 'political correctness,' and 'SJWs trying to silence free speech.'

No, I really wouldn't.

And I'm sure they do exist ;)

Reactions: Thunder 57

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016

Are saying that the 15 y/o girl had any choice about going to school there? I would bet that the parents and the girl are members of the same church that operates the said school.