Ted Stevens in plane crash, reportedly dead

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
RIP.

Some of you could learn a lesson from Senator Daniel Inouye:

Inouye on Stevens: 'I Have Lost a Brother'

"Irene and I are deeply saddened by the tragic death of our dear friend, and my brother, Ted Stevens," said Senator Daniel Inouye (D-Hawaii), also the former Commerce Committee Chair and now chair of the powerful United States Committee on Appropriations. "His wife, Catherine, and his entire family are in our thoughts and prayers during most this difficult time," said Inouye, one of Stevens closest friends in the Senate and one who shared the bond of service in World War II, as well as representing one of the two non-contiguous states.

"Our friendship was a very special one. When it came to policy, we disagreed more often than we agreed, but we were never disagreeable with one another," said Inouye. "We were always positive and forthright. Senator Stevens and I worked together to ensure that the small non-contiguous states of Hawaii and Alaska were not forgotten by the lower 48 and to ensure that the nation awoke to the importance of the Pacific for our economy and international relations. I will never forget him."

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
What a sorry turd you are. But what Rush says is true, the left always tells you who they're afraid of. Over and over and over it seems.

Sorry? I'm not sorry about what I wrote at all. But perhaps this will make you happy:

Where is Pat Robertson when you need him?

Pat will surely tell us how God is punishing the right with plane crashes for their sinful ways.

lsquare

Jan 30, 2009
Honestly I have no sympathy for this guy. He was corrupt and I'm glad that he's dead. Stevens got what he deserved.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
A plane crash is a rotten way to die. So is cancer, a heart attack, and a lot of other means.

I may have not liked Ted Stevens when he was a US Senator, but there is something morally rotten about anyone delighting in a death I would not wish on anyone.

I regard this as a news item and nothing else, RIP Senator Stevens and I leave it at that. He leaves family members behind who have lost a family member. Their rights are the most important ones now. I also grieve for others killed and injured in an outing that was supposed to be harmless and fun.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Btw this is his second plane crash. In 1978 he was in a jet that crashed. His first wife also died in that one.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Where is Sarah Palin when you need her on a GCI airplane?

That is just plain fucked up.

Back on topic, my thoughts go out to the families and the survivors.

I offer a toast to the dead, may the rest in peace.

We meet 'neath the sounding rafters,
The walls around us are bare;
They echo the peals of laughter,
It seems the dead are there.

So stand by your glasses steady,
This world is a world of lies.
Here's a toast for the dead already;
Hurrah for the next man who dies.

Cut off from the land that bore us,
Betrayed by the land we find.
The good men have gone before us,
And only the dull left behind.

So stand by your glasses steady,
This world is a world of lies.
Here's a toast for the dead already;
Hurrah for the next man who dies.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Sorry? I'm not sorry about what I wrote at all. But perhaps this will make you happy:

Where is Pat Robertson when you need him?

Pat will surely tell us how God is punishing the right with plane crashes for their sinful ways.

You may not be sorry for what you wrote but a sorry person you are.

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
Good. Slowly, as all the old people die off, America will be better off.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Maybe a very good point UberNeiman. When I was a very young whippersnapper, they laid it in me, the last civil war veteran had died. Somehow I forgot if the last survivor fought in the Union or confederate side. Now as I get much older I have it laid on me, the last vet of WW1 has died. Now the last remaining Vets of WW2 are dying like flies of old age.

But when it comes to a plane crash, death is an equal opportunity employer, death takes the old and the young indiscriminately.

Why should anyone rejoice at any death, in all good time it will come to us all.