Ted Kennedy To Endorse Barack Obama

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Citrix
witht the entire Kennedy clan behind obama now i wonder how hillary is going to do? she looked really pissed last night at the state of the union.

Think you missed my post on the previous page.

randym431

Golden Member
Jun 4, 2003
Tonight in Florida:
This just again tells me Obama simply is not elect able. Not this time 2008 at least.
If this were a national election tonight, Obama would have lost Florida and
McCain would have been the next president.

Strong Obama supporters remind me of the hard core Ron Paul supporters.
As loyal as they are, its just not enough.

And I still feel Kennedy's support was actually a negative for Obama, not a plus.
Many cross over Republicans that were able to go Obama, were just killed off
by old Ted. Could politics be so shady that Kennedy knew his snake oil
sale to Obama would do in Obama???? And help Hillary, a long time close friend????

Hillary is elect able.
Too many democrats remember the "good years" of Bill Clinton.
Many democrats now see that national health care is the right answer.
Not tying health care to employment is the only way to get everyone
covered. Because too many employers like wally world think they can
take a pass, when it comes to responsible health care to their employees.

Yes, wally world offers healthcare, but only after you have been employed
for a year. What happens in the mean time? Or if you come onboard
with a pre existing condition, or a family member with a pre existing?

Employer healthcare just will not cut it anymore. Hillary knows that.

Too many loyal democrats want the Clinton ?good times? back.
It was this era when many, that are in fore closure now, were able to
even buy a house in the first place.
They want those good times back.

That is why, as good as Obama is, he just is not elect able.
He is becoming the democrats Ron Paul.

But, super Tuesday will spell this out more clearly, if anyone doubts.
And like with Ron Paul supporters, it will be a bitter pill to swallow.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Hillary is elect able.
Many of the candidates on the playing field right now are electable...McCain, Romney, Obama and Clinton are all electable...otherwise, both the Democrats and Republicans would have clear frontrunners at this point.

Too many democrats remember the "good years" of Bill Clinton.
Many also remember the partisan bickering of the Clinton years...that Obama is giving Clinton a run for her money demonstrates that many Democrats realize that Hillary, and her husband, are as much a liability as an asset. Also, not everyone has the Clinton fanboy blinders on to the extent that they believe that Clinton is the reason why the economy was strong in the 90s...Clinton was in the right place at the right time...that's about it.

Many democrats now see that national health care is the right answer.
But not all agree on how to implement national health care...Hillary already failed in that endeavor, and Obama has yet to outline his plan for a national health care system.

It was this era when many, that are in fore closure now, were able to
even buy a house in the first place.
Presidents have little control, if any, over the housing market...you can thank loose lending standards, greed and speculation for the recent housing bubble and current implosion...Democrats need to be careful in aggressively promoting a "bail-out"...government intervention rarely works, and will ultimately only delay the inevitable...it will also isolate voters who chose not to drink the Ponzi scheme Kool-Aide.

That is why, as good as Obama is, he just is not elect able.
He is becoming the democrats Ron Paul.
His delegate count and support across the Democrat base states otherwise.

But, super Tuesday will spell this out more clearly, if anyone doubts.
And like with Ron Paul supporters, it will be a bitter pill to swallow.
Super Tuesday will be interesting, and I also doubt that Obama will pull it off...but I do think the potential exists that the Democrats could go into the DNC without a clear frontrunner...Obama continues to gain support, while Hillary's base continues to erode...she peaked too early, and is such a polarizing candidate that it will be hard for her to garner new supporters.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: daveymark
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit

LOL, do you also find it amazing that the usual suspects that would normally denounce Sen. Kennedy as a drunk, a "liberal", and possibly a murderer are now prasing his actions??

Who are these people? I see no example of that posted before your post unless you want to construe "the hope train is steamrolling now" post as doing that...quite a stretch as it was obvious sarcasm.

LOL, your so cute, now go outside and play.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit
Originally posted by: M0RPH
Originally posted by: eskimospy
Originally posted by: Starbuck1975
LOL, do you also find it amazing that the usual suspects that would normally denounce Sen. Kennedy as a drunk, a "liberal", and possibly a murderer are now prasing his actions??
Similar to how those who typically rush to defend the Kennedy legacy are now upset that he may endorse Obama, and cause the Clinton express to derail on a bridge in CT. :D

Who are these people? I see no example of that in this thread unless you want to construe a "har har he's a drunk" post as doing that...quite a stretch.

Had he endorsed Hillary, I guarantee you that the Clinton-hating crew here would have pounced all over him.

Exactly my point.

QFT

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
Originally posted by: randym431
Tonight in Florida:
And I still feel Kennedy's support was actually a negative for Obama, not a plus.
Many cross over Republicans that were able to go Obama, were just killed off
by old Ted. Could politics be so shady that Kennedy knew his snake oil
sale to Obama would do in Obama???? And help Hillary, a long time close friend????

No, I think Ted's backing isn't nearly as offensive to Repubs as Hillary in office. It might leave a not so clean taste in the mouth, but it probably won't ahve too much effect.. except for maybe white southerners who might be having trouble with a black man in office- the very Bostonian Teddy might just push them toward white Hillary.