Ted Kennedy Calls Bush Minority Nominees 'Neanderthals'

Mrburns2007

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2001
Like Ted Kennedy has ever hung out with a black person in his life, his true colors are showing
rolleye.gif

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
This is not a racial issue, this isn't any sort of issue. Kennedy doesn't like some of Bush's nominees, he thinks they're incompetent, ie. Neanderthals.

308nato

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002
Originally posted by: BDawg
This is not a racial issue, this isn't any sort of issue. Kennedy doesn't like some of Bush's nominees, he thinks they're incompetent, ie. Neanderthals.

If anyone knows about incompetence, the swimmer knows.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: BDawg

memo says Estrada is "especially dangerous" because "he is Latino."
"Elaine would like the Committee to hold off on any 6th Circuit nominees until the University of Michigan case regarding the constitutionality of affirmative action in higher education is decided by the en banc 6th Circuit,"

Whatever
rolleye.gif
These Democrats are extreme hypocrits in regards to these judges. I hope people know what they have done and are saying so they can be informed at the polls next time.

CkG

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: Mrburns2007
Like Ted Kennedy has ever hung out with a black person in his life, his true colors are showing
rolleye.gif

Whether or not a person has ever "hung out" with someone of another ethnicity is hardly conclusive evidence of their position.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
SEN. RICK SANTORUM (R), PENNSYLVANIA: Carolyn Kuhl, William Pryor, Charles Pickering, Miguel Estrada, the list goes on and will go on. And will go on. This is a huge tragedy, what happened here today.
LIAR. The list doesn't go on. There are only four blocked.
I bet republicans think they can lie through their teeth and blow it out of proportion and noone will notice.

rjain

Golden Member
May 1, 2003
Originally posted by: SuperTool
SEN. RICK SANTORUM (R), PENNSYLVANIA: Carolyn Kuhl, William Pryor, Charles Pickering, Miguel Estrada, the list goes on and will go on. And will go on. This is a huge tragedy, what happened here today.
LIAR. The list doesn't go on. There are only four blocked.
I bet republicans think they can lie through their teeth and blow it out of proportion and noone will notice.
It worked for them before...

Doboji

Diamond Member
May 18, 2001
You people are so stupid...

Neandrathal as in prehistoric... as in from the past, as in, the judges in question support returning to the past as far as workers and women's rights. Did you people even hear any of the talkathon?... The dems said this over and over and over again. CLEARLY Kennedy didnt mean anything racial...

This whole business of making a case for racial discrimination is so sickly twisted as to be absolutely mind boggling. How many of the other 168 confirmed judges were minorities?... Unless you can show some kind of pattern of discrimination, then the point is completely moot and unfounded. Like saying George Bush didnt pick Joe Lieberman as a running mate, because he was jewish.

DUH!

-Max

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003

You got two rightwing links and one center-left link. Shows your bias.

and? i think partisanship is a better word in this case.

but it doesnt matter, im an independant, i look at all the sides and then vote for the one that best fits the way i think. therefore the dems [with their current way of thinking] are out, i dont think that society should be dependant on the government, i think that government should be depedant on society.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
The nominees Kennedy was reffering to are: Carolyn Kuhl, William Pryor, Charles Pickering, Miguel Estrada
Are they all minorities, or are republicans race baiting?

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
The nominees Kennedy was reffering to are: Carolyn Kuhl, William Pryor, Charles Pickering, Miguel Estrada

you forgot Janice Rogers Brown.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Genesys

So? If he is reffering to all Bush nominees, minority or not, as Neanderthals, how can it be racist?

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Genesys

So? If he is reffering to all Bush nominees, minority or not, as Neanderthals, how can it be racist?

i believe that women are still considered a minority [they are still covered under affirmitive actio after all]. and he wasnt referring to all of Bushes nominees, he is referring to the ones his fat ass is blocking. therefore, since most of the people he is blocking are minorities, he is making a comment based on race/sex. when you use the word neanderthal, whom do you use it with? someone whom you view as incompetent [such as Pers]. therfore since neanderthals are incompetent, stupid, sub-human humans, and he made this statement reguarding a group filled with minorities....

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
I heard on meet da press it's the general consensous amoung the press Republians are being whinny babies about this. They started this trend of fillabustering nominees and are now complaining when used against them and Bush has the highest judicial approval rating in 25 years something llike 98%..

Anyway I support the rules of the senate 100% in fact I wish the consititution read 66% to pass anything. We'd be in muh better shape with much less laws.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
What? Conservatives are whining and bitching about 4 judges not getting an up-down vote? Awwwww, poor activist conservative judges who want to preach their morality from the bench. :( Cry me a river...

I don't feel a damn bit sorry for 'em. Nominate some sensible "fair and balanced" judges to the circuit court and see the difference. For repubs to play the "race card" when there's absolutely no basis for it is beyond weak. It's lame. It's King Kamehameha lame.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
What? Conservatives are whining and bitching about 4 judges not getting an up-down vote? Awwwww, poor activist conservative judges who want to preach their morality from the bench. :( Cry me a river...

I don't feel a damn bit sorry for 'em. Nominate some sensible "fair and balanced" judges to the circuit court and see the difference. For repubs to play the "race card" when there's absolutely no basis for it is beyond weak. It's lame. It's King Kamehameha lame.

You know that is BS. These are not activist judges...they are just *gasp* conservative. These judges passed commitee review and now are supposed to be voted on. Calling them "dangerous" or calling them Neanderthal's doesn't change the fact that they are VERY qualified judges and would do their job well. I'm not sure you can sit there and talk about the Republican whining when infact it's the Democrats who are whining about "activist judges" and calling them names.

Take a look at the memo situation in regards to these nominees. It'll tell you who is behind these obstructions. Feel free ignore the Estrada stuff though because we all know that Democrats can't use racial reasons and be racist...even if they use the word "dangerous".

CkG

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Cad, if these judges were as sensible as you suggest, the repubs would have no problem getting a few from the other side of the aisle to break the filibuster. Right? Uniter not a divider? Aw hell, that's such a load...

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Cad, if these judges were as sensible as you suggest, the repubs would have no problem getting a few from the other side of the aisle to break the filibuster. Right? Uniter not a divider? Aw hell, that's such a load...

If they were such activists - don't you think they wouldn't have made it out of commitee? or is everything a big conspiracy to you.

Yeah...it was a load because they(Democrats) have pissed on Bush every chance they have had. Education bill? Hmmm... What's that saying they have in Tennessee?:p Fool..fool...fool? :p

CkG

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
no, the dems are just scared that with conservative judges on the bench they wont be able to win as many court cases in favor of gay rights, atheism, or illegal immigrants.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

If they were such activists - don't you think they wouldn't have made it out of commitee? or is everything a big conspiracy to you.

Yeah...it was a load because they(Democrats) have pissed on Bush every chance they have had. Education bill? Hmmm... What's that saying they have in Tennessee?:p Fool..fool...fool? :p

CkG

Oh wait, deja vu Cad! We had this discussion already. But let's do it again. <Sigh>

Oh hey, did they make it out of committee because the Senate GOP CONTROLS THE COMMITTEE? So the democrats have no way of stopping the activist conservative judges in committee and must resort to their only method: The filibuster? Yeah, that explains it.

Who WOULDN'T piss on Bush every chance they had? He took office promising to be a uniter and not a divider and then proceed to do the exact opposite. Bush F'd the democrats at every single turn and you expect them to just sit there and take it? Hell, I don't like the dems any more than you, but someone's got to balance out the conservative power grab in Washington.

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

CkG

Oh wait, deja vu Cad! We had this discussion already. But let's do it again. <Sigh>

Oh hey, did they make it out of committee because the Senate GOP CONTROLS THE COMMITTEE? So the democrats have no way of stopping the activist conservative judges in committee and must resort to their only method: The filibuster? Yeah, that explains it.

Who WOULDN'T piss on Bush every chance they had? He took office promising to be a uniter and not a divider and then proceed to do the exact opposite. Bush F'd the democrats at every single turn and you expect them to just sit there and take it? Hell, I don't like the dems any more than you, but someone's got to balance out the conservative power grab in Washington.

i think you should be looking to ted kennedy as the divider. look at what Bush has done to try and make friends with him! he gives him an award for outstanding social service [or something like that], lets him write some educational bill, and even invites him to the whithouse for a movie and popcorn and still ted kennedy is a fat whiny bitch who wants libs in power again.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
They started this trend of fillabustering nominees and are now complaining when used against them.........

If that's true, you should have no problem with providing a single example of the Republicans fillabustering any judicial nominees.