[techpowerup] club3d waves goodbye to nvidia; goes amd exclusive

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OVerLoRDI

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
Who cares?

Exactly.

Sad fact is that GPU AiBs (especially those who haven't diversified) are going to die suffer and die over the next few years. Those that have diversified (Gigabyte and especially ASUS) are going to suffer but probably hang around for a lot longer.

blastingcap

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2010
Exactly.

Sad fact is that GPU AiBs (especially those who haven't diversified) are going to die suffer and die over the next few years. Those that have diversified (Gigabyte and especially ASUS) are going to suffer but probably hang around for a lot longer.

Huh? I thought ASUS, GB, and MSI started off as mobo makers in the first place and diversified INTO video cards.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
PowerColor isn't small time. They sell nearly as many cards as Sapphire. They are not as large as ASUS or the like, but I would be willing to bet the number of GPU's that they sell is not that much lower. ASUS is huge because they do things besides GPU's.

Sapphire is huge in AMD's sphere of AIB's. In fact, if I remember correctly, Sapphire is AMD's primary partner, much like EVGA is Nvidia's primary AIB.