Technet Plus Direct FREE w/ Exam Insurance purchase

labgeek

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2002
Offer was extended to April 30, 2007 ... Go get 'em... It's well worth it!

Microsoft is offering Free Technet Plus Direct if you buy Exam Insurance, take your exam (even if you don't pass) and are one of the 1st 10,000...

Your cost = $125 for the exam plus $45 for insurance
You get TechNet Plus Direct Free
and a 2nd chance to pass OR if you pass 25% off your next exam purchase.

What is TechNet Plus Direct?
It's like TechNet Plus but you have to download the media. TechNet Plus includes:
2 professional support incidents ($490 value) - 20% off additional
Eval licenses (no time limits) of most everything including Vista - Available RIGHT NOW
and more...

With TechNet Plus Direct you get all the software, tools and resources you?ve come to expect from TechNet Plus without monthly media shipments. All subscription resources are available online ? no need to wait for discs.

As a TechNet Plus Direct subscriber you can access all of your subscription benefits from the new TechNet Plus Benefits Portal, including:

Servers, desktop apps, Windows Vista and more in the Subscriber-only Download Center
Product Keys to use for ?time-bomb free? evaluation
Two Professional Support Incidents
Managed Newsgroups
Online Concierge Chat
Microsoft E-learning Courses

Exam Insurance page - see middle for offer -- You must Register to get it

TechNet Information Page

Edit -- Note: You MUST buy your exam insurance through a GOLD Partner... I heard everything from there's no such product, to being told I HAD to buy a $3000 education package to buy it. Others wouldn't call me back... I found NetDesk.com who knew what I was talking about and even offered them the exam voucher w/insurance online. They were pretty helpful when I had questions.

HyTekJosh

Golden Member
Jan 20, 2001
Looks interesting especially because I just signed up for Technet at $350+. Hopefully I can return and go this route.

labgeek

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2002
NP, good luck... I'm bringing my MCSE current... Passed 70-270 (XP Pro Client) today.

maface

Mar 28, 2003
NP

I'm curious if anyone was able to get this offer without buying training?

Thanks

erwos

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2005
Excellent deal, especially for the folks who want to go down the MCSE route. As someone else has mentioned, TechNet Direct is $350 alone ($250 for renewal), so $170 is quite the steal.

labgeek

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2002
Got my sub today...

Downloading my Vista Ultimate as I type this...

10 keys each of Vista!

Plus 10 keys each of Office 2007 Ultimate (plus Pro, Pro Plus), Office 2003, almost all the servers including Longhorn.

amheck

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2000
you have to keep the subscription current to keep the software valid right?

boggsie

Platinum Member
Mar 31, 2000
Originally posted by: amheck
you have to keep the subscription current to keep the software valid right?

Yes, most certainly.

Plus, if you are on the fence, I think you are out of time ... deadline is 2007, 01-31.

rustyjeep

Jul 1, 2004
labgeek - how long did it take you to get your technet notification? I signed up, bought the voucher, and passed my exam (got my MCSA) on Jan 25th.

Called microsoft, and they said that I'll get an email in two weeks.

brikuth

Feb 7, 2006
Nope! I called the technet support and he read me something that stated that I would recieve something in 10-12 weeks. He also stated that the 'Exam Insurance' dept is totally different than the Technet dept and that he could not help me in any circumstance... 10-12 weeks is totally rediculous and if you don't ever hear anything tough luck because there is evedently no way to contact the correct dept. Since none of us have anything that shows a confirmation of registration I guess we can all HOPE they have their S together...

tyanni

Sep 11, 2001
Seriously - the page says Insurance is available online from select providers, but doesn't list the providers. Can't they make it easy?

labgeek

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2002
See the bottom of the OP for a Gold Provider (those that CAN offer Exam Insurance) that actually knows what it is and how to sell it.

The Technet program is definitely worth it...

3 pcs moved to Vista with Office Ultimate alone!

labgeek

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2002
yes the pgm had ended on 1/31... on 2/1 i had my sub. Now they've reintroduced the offer...

XiZiT

Feb 19, 2002
Can someone help me out real quick...
I'd like to apply for a certification. I am a LAN Administrator and am no newbie by any stretch. I'd like to give this a shot without studying at first and it seems Insurance would offer me a second chance if I fail. If I fail, then I will study, and hopefully pass on the second time.

Will this work? Does insurance guarantee a second chance and who do I register with once I purchase insurance?

Oct 19, 2000
I have a couple of vouchers for sale in the FS/FT forum that should be good for any 070 Microsoft test. Regular $125, I'm selling for $100 apiece, if anyone finds that they can purchase insurance with voucher codes.

imported_OrSin

Jul 15, 2004
Originally posted by: XiZiT
Can someone help me out real quick...
I'd like to apply for a certification. I am a LAN Administrator and am no newbie by any stretch. I'd like to give this a shot without studying at first and it seems Insurance would offer me a second chance if I fail. If I fail, then I will study, and hopefully pass on the second time.

Will this work? Does insurance guarantee a second chance and who do I register with once I purchase insurance?

At least take some of the free pratice exams. If you fail them you will fail the test so dont waste your time. microsoft site has the link to the free test.

imported_OrSin

Jul 15, 2004
Did anyone receive anything from microsoft yet. I took the exam and I have not gotten anythying yet. Granted I took it on the last day. I'm just waiting for tech next to build my new systems.

And yes I registered and went thought all the steps for insurance and everything