Tech site Help

esoul

Oct 12, 2000
Hello,

I am the founder of a technology web site, called EdgeReview. Our hits aren't "rising" as fast as we would want them to, and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what to add to my site to make it better.

It's a technology site with news (and a review here and there) on new gadgets and electronics. If you want to go there, the URL is http://www.edgereview.com

I'm thinking of adding these features: Web News and discussion boards. Our site has been up for several (7) months, and we are only getting about 1000 hits a day. I'm not sure whether this hit count is GOOD, or BAD. If it's bad, let me know what I can do to fix it.

Be as honest and brutal as possible.

Thanks,
Darshan Somashekar
press@edgereview.com

Warpo

Sep 21, 2000
Just to let you know, I found your site on Yahoo! a long time ago, and have visited it semi-regularly since ;)

I think discussion boards (or just use a system like slashdot where you can comment on each gadget) would be a nice plus, but i think web news is already covered by too many sites.

lowtech1

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2000

You have good media device reviews, but you should try to focus on one product to be distinct from others web sites.

Anandtech became successful because it focus was mainly on Mobo & OCing...Tom's Hardware is also in the same catagory, but he was too cocky & the reviews sometimes seem to be bias.

You should focuss more on one or 2 things in your media reviews, such as digital cameras which is extreamly hot at the moment, because it is affordable and is rivaling traditional film/paper technology.

I bet that you will have a hot site if you put lots of love & hard work into it. Keep us posted on your progress and persoanly would like to see more digital cameras, colour printers, scaners, and a forum to round out your visual media site.

Good luck.